Skystar 2 SDK error 0x80004005

tonyukuk

First sorry for my bad English. I have ss2 2.6d. I downloaded last driver 4.4.0 and sdk 1.1.0. When I try to run b2status.exe or test data filter application getting error 0x80004005. b2settuner.exe is running without any problem. Also in graphedit same error , when I want to insert b2c2mpeg2 source filter taking ' Error 0x80004005 retrieving satellite info'. Is it about codecs? Sonic dvd pack which came with original Technisat cd is installed.

My os is windows 2003 server also I installed xp pro and took same errors.DirectX 9.0c installed. Can you help me please Thanks...

Edited by tonyukuk
Also in graphedit same error , when I want to insert b2c2mpeg2 source filter taking ' Error 0x80004005 retrieving satellite info'.

Same here. Inserting is ok. I get this error when I try to open the filter's property page. I think it is supposed to display default values (or last used values) on the property page, but they are not available. So maybe some registry key is missing... if I find some time I will check it with regmon.

B2Status doesn't run here either. Don't know why. Just buggy, I guess.

However, the B2C2 source filter works without error when used by an application.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that something has changed from the 4.3.2 to the 4.4.0 driver. B2status worked for me with the 4.3.2 but did not with the 4.4.0. I think the SDK must be overworked...