Technotrend 3200 and DVBViewerGE 2.0.1.9 Beta

htpcman

Dear All,

Just to share my experiences. I received my card on August 8th.

System info:

CoreDuo T2500@2.1 GHz on Asus N4l Motherboard with DVI option (ADD...)

1 GB FSB 667 DDR2

Skystar II (Removed, see Below)

TT 3200 DVB-S2 (New...duh)

WinXP-En-SP2, DVBV3.5/GE2.0.1.9, DVB Filter 2.8

CoreAVC 1.1

Boot-US boot manager

SATA 250 GB Samsung HDD with 8GB, 8GB, 230GB Partitions

System Partition #1 Main System

System Partition #2 test System

System Partition #3 Media data

Wavefrontier 90 dish with Astra, Hotbird, Sirius and Astra2 LNBs, diseque active

JVC DLA-SX21 @ 1400x1050

I started by installing the software on my test partition first, leaving the Skystar in as a precaution. Installation was very easy when the hardware wizzard came up I just put in the cd and it found the drivers immedeately. Two drivers will be installed:

TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Capture

TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner

I also installed the software from the CD but as I found out later this is not needed if you only use CoreAVC and DVBViewer.

The supplied application looks kind of crude but works fine in receiving DVB-S and DVB-S2 signals. It does not allow much control over the decoders used in direct show though.

Next I tried the DVBViewer E 2.0.1.9 from the Beta section. Although I did a channel scan I found out I did not need to do this as the old channel list worked fine with BBC-HD, Astra HD etc.

I added the DVB-S2 channels (Anixe HD, Pro7 HD and SAT.1 HD) with the channel editor manually. I got the necessary data from Lyngsat.com after setting the modulation to 8PSK and the video to h.264 it worked well.

Upon comparison the supplied Cyberlink decoder worked quite well also but CPU load was around 80-90% selecting CoreAVC it was lower at 60-70% both decoders delivered a smooth motion image.

Settings or CoreAVC: Skip all deblocking, DirectX deinterlace

Audio decoder FFDSHow set to output AC3 to S/PDIF

--------------

The only issue I have is that the image sometimes freezes and then becomes smooth again when receiving DVB-S2 transissions. For comparison BBC HD which is also h.264 never freezes. CPU load is way below maximum in all cases.

--------------

All SD and HD DVB-S channels work the same or better (faster channel switching) than with my Skystar II.

After this test I was confident enough to remove the SS2 and install the Card drivers on my main system partition. this was quite uneventful and worked without any flaws in DVB-S on my DVBViewer 3.5 installation after I updated the hardware configuration there. DVB-S2 will not work at the moment in DVBV 3.5 but hopefully there will be an update. But as long as DVBV-GE works this is not a problem.

Just a note on the Plugins especially the ones you can read about at Happysat ;-) they work as well in the same manner as with the SS2...I will say no more on this subject in this forum.

I hope this helps others who may run into some issues. By the way f yuou want to leave your SS2 n the PC you have to deactivate all channel groups (A,B,C) in the hardawre settings for the SS2 otherwise DVBV tries to use the SS2 instead of the tt3200.

cheers

htpcman

DVB-S2 will not work at the moment in DVBV 3.5 but hopefully there will be an update.

There is an update in the Beta Section - doesn't it work?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13767

By the way f yuou want to leave your SS2 n the PC you have to deactivate all channel groups (A,B,C) in the hardawre settings for the SS2 otherwise DVBV tries to use the SS2 instead of the tt3200.

No, not that way. Set all your DVB-S channels to Group A (should already be Group A by default), and all DVB-S2 channels to Group B. Then go to the hardware options and enable Group A (only that one) for the SS2, and Group A & B for the tt3200. This will enable using both cards at the same time.

Here is an explanation that I've written recently, but not published yet:

- Channel groups allow assigning channels to a specific device (inherited by DVBViewer Pro Beta lately).

Imagine the following: There are two DVB-S devices, each of them connected to a separate dish - one for receiving Astra and the other one for Hotbird. How can DVBViewer know which device has to be used for which channel? Actually DVBViewer doesn't know. If there are two DVB-S devices, it will use both indiscriminately for all DVB-S channels. This is one of the problems that can be solved by using channel groups.

On the Settings -> Options -> Hardware Tab there are three buttons A, B, C representing three channel groups and indicating which of them a device supports (default: all groups) Each of the groups can be enabled / disabled individually by clicking it.

On the other side, the Channellist Window, Edit Tab provides a single button for assigning a channel to a group. Clicking it changes the group from A to B, then to C and back to A. After having selected a folder (category) the Edit Tab provides a similar button that allows to adjust the channel group for all channels within the folder (default: don't change). Additionally the Scanner Tab contains such a button, that pre-selects the group that is assigned to all found channels, and at the same time makes sure that a matching DVB device is used for the scanning procedure.

DVBViewer GE will only use a device, if its group set includes the channel's group. E.g. if a channel is assigned to group B, DVBViewer GE will never use a DVB device for it that is configured for group A and C only. Regarding the "two cards connected to two dishes" example given above, all Astra channels must be assigned to group A, and the card that is connected to the Astra dish must be configured as "use for group A only" (B and C disabled). Same for Hotbird and the corresponding device by using group B - problem solved :(

Thanks for your helpful post.

So, beside the DVBViewer E 2.0.1.9 SW, what other software from the member area is needed in order to watch DVB-S and DVB - S2 channels?

BTW - does the TT SW support a CI (to watch HD1) ?

Thanks,

Rittberg

Hi again,

did some more tests...As I am writing this Anixe HD is playing in a DVBV window...

@Griga: yes the 3.5.0.4 update works with DVB-S2. I did not know that this was meant for DVB-S2... Apart from the occasional freezes now everything is almost perfect. Do you have any idea what could be causing the freezes?

Thanks for the explanantion of the Channel groups function I missed that somehow.

By the way I would like to thank all the programmers of DVBViewer for making this great application I love this program it is stable, fast and offers a nice skinnable media center (I use D-Box HD). I have tried many other apps but this is definately my favorite.

@Rittberg: You need no other software if you have:

I

a) the latest DVBViewer 3.5.0.4 which includes the 2.8 DVBViewer filter which supports h.264 or alterantively DVBV-GE 2.0.1.9

:( installed the application from the supplied CD, as this also installs the cyberlink h.264 decoder

I prefer CoreAVC as an h.264 decoder since it is faster and has more configuration options. it is 20 US$ but I think well worth it.

I have looked but it seems the software shipped with the card does not have a menu for a CI. Since I do not have one, however, I can not verify what would happen if I connected it. I would be interested to know if you get it to work as I have acces to an HD1 Smart Card, but so far I did not want to invest in a Cam module as it is not clear if this will work...

cheers

htpcman

@Griga

I am actually using the 2.8.0.2 version of the filter. Registering it did not make any differene for my situation, but I did not think it would, as I am having freezes not on channel changes or seeking but during the viewing of DVB-S2 channels. I never had much trouble switching channels after changing from VMR9 to Overlay mode.

The freezes happen every 2~3 seconds for a few frames then it is OK again. DVB-S1 broadcasts are not affected e.g. BBC HD or Luxe TV is OK but on Anixe or Pro7 HD I have the freezes. When the image freezes the CPU utilization goes down sometimes almost to zero, so it seems there is simply no signal coming in to the decoder.

I am wondering if this has someting to do with the DVB-S2 modulation, 8PSK needs a higher C/N so maybe the error rate is too high and there is no usable signal coming in. Signal strength is, however, around 80% so I am almost sure it should be sufficient. On the other hand it could be Phase Jitter from the LNB as 8PSK is more suceptible to phase variations in the signal since there is only a 45° difference between individual states. If I have the time over the weekend I will try a diferent LNB.

Is there a way to verify the Error Rate in DVBViewer?

htpcman

The freezes happen every 2~3 seconds for a few frames then it is OK again.

Watch the DVBViewer Filter's property page (View -> Filters -> DVBSource). Does it display errors?

In case of a buffer overflow or too much data queuing up in the filter, it sends a message to the host application (DVBViewer), which in return tries to clear the situation by stopping and restarting playback. I'm getting this when receiving BBC HD, because my PC is just too slow.

Is there a way to verify the Error Rate in DVBViewer?

no, not really. This has to be provided by the frontend/driver. Uncorrectable errors will result in continuity errors because the application drops ts_packets when the transport_error_indicator is set. Discontinuities can be seen on the property page of the source filter. But buffer overflows are a different thing.. :(

The only issue I have is that the image sometimes freezes and then becomes smooth again when receiving DVB-S2 transissions. For comparison BBC HD which is also h.264 never freezes. CPU load is way below maximum in all cases.

Are you facing the freezes, also when using the TT Media center software ?

@htpcman

You have a CoreDuo T2500 and a onboard 945 graphics core, right?

Do you have CPU-load on both cores?

So without any gpu-acceleration it is possible to have a good h264-decompression, right?

Do you have comb-artifacts?

I'm looking for a similar config, because I don't want to upgrade gfx+ram+motherboard+cpu so an onboard solution will be perfect.

Regards,

Tom

@mocad_tom

You have a CoreDuo T2500 and a onboard 945 graphics core, right?

Do you have CPU-load on both cores?

Yes about evenly distributed with both Cyberlink and CoreAVC

So without any gpu-acceleration it is possible to have a good h264-decompression, right?

Do you have comb-artifacts?

No de-interlacing is done by "direct X Deinterlace" in CoreAVC. check also my next post where i have gathered some data.

I'm looking for a similar config, because I don't want to upgrade gfx+ram+motherboard+cpu so an onboard solution will be perfect.

I was in the same positon a few weeks ago and I decided to go for a solution with the Asus N4L

http://www.alternate.de/html/productDetail...ml?artno=GLIA01

and the CoreDuo. Since I have a Projector I wanted to have DVI so I got the ADD card from Asus as well:

http://www.alternate.de/html/productDetail...ml?artno=GZZA22

Now I have Both DVI and VGA with the onboard graphics and it works with both MPEG-2 playback (I use Media Player Classic) and MPEG-4 quite well. Sorry the links above are in German but I wanted to give you an idea about the components I used.

htpcman

@Griga and Derrick

I noticed that I had discontinuities indicated in the DVB source filter. So I figured it must be the signal from the dish. After replacing the LNB for Astra now the occasional freezing (and the discontinuities) have disspeared.

It seems the 8PSK modulation is more demanding on signal quality than the 4PSK (QPSK) used for DVB-S. But I remembered that this LNB had given me trouble once before on ORF... so I replaced it to be sure.

Still I made some observations I would like to share here.

General Observations Anixe HD:

Datarate 6~16 MBit/s VBR

Apparently Statistical Muxing is used on this Transponder (12722H) as it also carries Pro7HD and SAT.1HD Assigining 16 Mbit/s to each would exceed the transponder capacity.

DVB Source with Cyberlink:

Last Error: None

Discontinuities: 0

Queued Video Buffers:0~10 usually 0

Queued Audio Buffers:0

Memory usage: 700 MB (out of 1GB)

CpU Usage:35~75% depending on motion in the image

No Motion Judder

DVB Source with CoreAVC:

Queued Video Buffers:190~260

Memory usage: 241 MB (out of 1GB)

CpU Usage:30~55% depending on motion in the image

Some Motion Judder

General Observations, BBC HD: datarate fixed around 19Mbit/s CBR

DVB Source with Cyberlink (standard Settings):

Queued Video Buffers:0~10 usually 0

Memory usage: 500 MB (out of 1GB)

CpU Usage:75~90% depending on motion in the image

severe Motion Judder

By changing the deinterlacing setting of the decoder from "Auto" to "Force weave" the motion judder was completely cleared. As I am using the onboard GMA950 intel graphcs it seems this does its own deinterlacing which conflicted with the Cyberlink setting. sometimes the motion judder would come back but restarting the graph would get rid of it.

DVB Source with CoreAVC (Skip Deblocking, Direct show de-interlacing):

Queued Video Buffers:190~260

Memory usage: 241 MB (out of 1GB)

CpU Usage:50~80% depending on motion in the image

rare occasional Motion Judder

Conclusion from all this is that at the moment the cyberlink works best although it has a higher cpu usage. But Who knows what the next release of CoreAVC will bring...

Anyway I am happy now everything works the way it should.

htpcman

I noticed that I had discontinuities indicated in the DVB source filter. So I figured it must be the signal from the dish. After replacing the LNB for Astra now the occasional freezing (and the discontinuities) have disspeared.

It seems the 8PSK modulation is more demanding on signal quality than the 4PSK (QPSK) used for DVB-S. But I remembered that this LNB had given me trouble once before on ORF... so I replaced it to be sure.

8PSK modulation is indeed more demanding in signal quality... I too have the same problems with a Humax HDCI-2000.

On HD-1 on W3A 7East, with 33% signal and 90% quality I get dropouts all the time.... Only when the quality is above 95% i can see a clear image.... I'll try exchanging my lnb (an Invacom 0.3 one) and see what happens....

Glad to know the Technotrend is working fine, now if somenone could try it with a cam and an HD-1 card and post the results.... (i'm sure it will work fine though....)

What about diseqc 1.2 (or even better Usals) support for these cards...? Is it coming???

What about diseqc 1.2 (or even better Usals) support for these cards...?

Well let's start with the first step, and that's DiSEqC 1.0 or 1.1.

Unfortunately MS didn't specify how DiSEqC commands shall be passed to a driver via the BDA interface. So every vendor does its own stuff in this respect.

The TechnoTrend method is known to us, and Chistian confirmed that it's working with the DVB S2 card (no user feed back up to now). However, this interface does not allow more than setting Pos/Opt. There is no known way to send DiSEqC raw commands directly to a switch or whatever

About Pinnacle devices & DiSEqC we know nothing at all. So I've sent a mail to the Pinnacle support recently, asking for technical documentation, and I'm waiting for a reply.

That's the state of the art.... ;)

The TechnoTrend method is known to us, and Chistian confirmed that it's working with the DVB S2 card (no user feed back up to now).

I can confirm that diseqC is working here with 4 LNBs (A/A=19°, A/B=13°, B/A=28°, B/B=for testing various positions). As I posted above I used to use a SS2 on the same feed down from the dish and I did not have to change anything. I could use the same config in DVBV as before. I never tried a steerable dish as I use a Wavefrontier Torroidal 90 dish which can feed 16~20 LNBs on an arc spanning 40°...

In any case I would feel uneasy powering a motor from the PCI Bus of my PC.

htpcman

@htpcman, can you get SCPC transmissions with your multifeed arrangement? I'm interested in the symbol rate range of DVB-S1/2 demodulator on your card (STB0899 from STM).

Thanks for your helpful post.

So, beside the DVBViewer E 2.0.1.9 SW, what other software from the member area is needed in order to watch DVB-S and DVB - S2 channels?

BTW - does the TT SW support a CI (to watch HD1) ?

Thanks,

Rittberg

Hi,

yes the TT SW support a CI. I am using the alphacrypt light and it works for Premiere. I don't have a HD1 abo so I can't test it. Remark: the CI works only with the TT Media Center and was not working with Progdvb. DVBViewer works very well, however a CI is currently not supported? I am very pleased with the TT 3200, works very good indeed.

Kind regards

Gerhard ;)

Hi,

yes the TT SW support a CI. I am using the alphacrypt light and it works for Premiere.... Remark: the CI works only with the TT Media Center..... I am very pleased with the TT 3200, works very good indeed.

Kind regards

Gerhard ;)

Thanks,

Great news :D

I tested it with Nova as well as the new DVB-S2 device. Both in combination with a Conax-Cam (Technisat) and the Alphacrypt-Cam (Mascom). The only thing which has to be kept in mind is that you need the ttAPI.dll which should be located in the DVBViewer path.

Christian

I have experienced both non smmoth playback and combing using GE latest version and Coreavc.

It can not be lack of processor power since I view BBC HD without problem. I have very little sucess with Astra HD promo channel and see only still picture from time to time. I did try Pro version which had similar problems but did play Astra Promo.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Glad to know the Technotrend is working fine, now if somenone could try it with a cam and an HD-1 card and post the results.... (i'm sure it will work fine though....)

I'm just about to buy Technotrend 3200 and waiting for conformation that the CI is working with any crypted channel. Anyone having the opportunity, please test with any cam.

I tested it with Nova as well as the new DVB-S2 device. Both in combination with a Conax-Cam (Technisat) and the Alphacrypt-Cam (Mascom). The only thing which has to be kept in mind is that you need the ttAPI.dll which should be located in the DVBViewer path.

Christian

thank you for the answer, but where can I find th ttapi.dll?

BR Gerhard

Usually installed with DVBViewer Pro 3.5. Please note that DVBViewer GE does not support CI and will not use this dll.

thanks for the info. Now I installed the 3.5 (beta Version) and have found the api. But still the CI (Alphacrypt light) is not working. I guess the CI is not recognized by the system. Should there appear any submenu for the CI? I have found a ticker in the options menu - has CI - which I have ticked on. So still no difference.

With the original Technotrend SW (Mediacenter) it's working properly.

Anyway, great peace of SW this DVBViewer is ...

thank you for your support

and

kind regards

Gerhard

If anyone has had any luck getting a CAM recognized by DVBViewer Pro, could you please indicate what steps you’ve taken and which CAMs you’ve successfully tested? I subscribe to both Euro1080 and Premiere World + HD, and thus far I haven’t gotten any of my CAMs to work with DVBViewer Pro 3.5.0.4.

Since there isn’t a single mention of the word CAM in the DVBViewer manual, I turn to this forum for help. The only indication that the program has some sort of CAM support is a grayed out “Show CAM” entry in the “View” dropdown menu. And yes, there is a ttAPI.dll file located in the program’s root folder. But there’s still no sign that DVBViewer Pro even sees the CAM.

The only success I’ve had is using DVBViewer GE 2.0.1.10, in combination with the CamControl application included in the TT MCE Tools package (available from Technotrend’s site). For instance, I can tune in to Euro1080 HD1 at 23.5° East with DVBViewer GE and then launch CamControl, wait a few seconds for it to initialize my IrdetoAccess CAM, select HD1 from the services dropdown and click “Decrypt”. The channel clears instantly in DVBViewer GE. I used to rely on the same trick with my old Hauppauge Nova-S CI.

This would be an acceptable solution if it also worked with DVB-S2 channels, but the CamControl application doesn’t seem to recognize any DVB-S2 channels. I’ve run into this problem with the H.264 version of HD1 at 7° East, which is modulated in DVB-S2. The same issue affects the Premiere HD channels at 19.2° East.

Ironically, the primitive TT Media Center program that came with the S2-3200 card works fine with both my Irdeto and Nagra CAMs on all the channels I subscribe to, including HD1 at 7° East (w/ Irdeto CAM) and the three Premiere HD channels at 19.2° East (w/ Nagravision CAM).

Cheers.

Hmm, could it be that you do not run the DVBViewer with Administrator privileges? I remember that the SDK from Technotrend (the library i use) has problems without it. I have no idea but i asked the person responsible for it ;) And please check also that the checkbox for CI available is checked in the option for this card.

If you start the DVBViewer with the parameter: -debug you should see the interactions with a tool like debugview.

Christian

I just wanted to thank you guys, CH, Griga, and Lars.

I just got my TT 3200, and it works so totally well with GE and Pro. I'm stunned

Thanks ;)

btw. The Cyberlink codec provided by TT is quite nice. Maybe not in what comes to performance (CoreAVC is better) but the picture is so totally smooth at least on my set-up. And who cares about the performance anyways as long as it does not exceed 100%.

Hmm, could it be that you do not run the DVBViewer with Administrator privileges? I remember that the SDK from Technotrend (the library i use) has problems without it. I have no idea but i asked the person responsible for it ;) And please check also that the checkbox for CI available is checked in the option for this card.

If you start the DVBViewer with the parameter: -debug you should see the interactions with a tool like debugview.

Thanks for the suggestions Christian!

I’m logged in with administrator rights, and “Has CI module” is indeed ticked in Options -> DVB Devices -> TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Device. Still no luck. :D

Could this be an incompatibility with the current drivers? So far I’ve only tried versions 4.4.10.16 and 4.4.10.17 of the BDA drivers, with the same results. Maybe there is an older version known to work?

Here’s part of the log generated with the –debug parameter, obtained while starting up the program and tuning to a channel I can decode with TT Media Center. I can’t spot any obvious errors, but within DVBViewer there’s still no sign of the CAM being detected:

17.08.2006 21:57:38 Start App		-----------------------------------
17.08.2006 21:57:39 Hardware.InitDevice Load settings for: DVB File Device
17.08.2006 21:57:39 Hardware.InitDevice Load settings for: Unicast Network Device
17.08.2006 21:57:39 Hardware.InitDevice Load settings for: Multicast Network Device
17.08.2006 21:57:39 Hardware.InitDevice Load settings for: TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Settuner		 Start
17.08.2006 21:57:41 OpenBDAdevice	Getting SigStat: 2
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Found TT Device  DeviceType: 1
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Open BDA Device  Got Valid handle for TT Device
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Create TBDACITTModule OpenCI - HResult: The operation completed successfully
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Create TBDACITTModule Info HResult: The operation completed successfully
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Create TBDACITTModule Info TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Create TBDACITTModule Info TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Capture
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Create TBDACITTModule Info 
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Create TBDACITTModule Info 
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Allocate Hardware TechnoTrend BDA/DVB-S Tuner
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Settuner		 Found usable hardware
17.08.2006 21:57:41 Settuner		 Hardware.SetTuner
17.08.2006 21:57:42 TBDACITTModule Received OnSlotStatus Status : 0
17.08.2006 21:57:42 CI Base SetTuner Entering
17.08.2006 21:57:42 CI Base SetTuner init success
17.08.2006 21:57:42 CI Base SetTuner Leaving
17.08.2006 21:57:42 Settuner		 End
17.08.2006 21:57:42 AddAVCodecs	  Using VideoCodec: NVIDIA Video Decoder and audiocodec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
17.08.2006 21:57:42 AddAVCodecs	  Add VideoCodec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
17.08.2006 21:57:42 SetTuner TBDACITTModule HResult: The operation completed successfully
17.08.2006 21:57:42 AddAVCodecs	  Add AudioCodec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
17.08.2006 21:57:42 AddVideoRenderer Add Videorenderer Overlay
17.08.2006 21:57:43 AddAudioCallback Adding callback
17.08.2006 21:57:43 SetTuner TBDACITTModule HResult: The operation completed successfully
17.08.2006 21:57:43 SetTuner TBDACITTModule HResult: The operation completed successfully
17.08.2006 21:57:44 SetTuner TBDACITTModule HResult: The operation completed successfully

I take it that there are folks who’ve actually gotten their CAM to work in DVBViewer Pro using the S2-3200?

Anyway, other than the Common Interface issue the S2-3200 works very well with DVBViewer Pro; which is already more than I would have expected from a third party application so early in the game. So congrats to all the developers involved. :( As soon as I can get the CAM issue resolved I’ll be able to ditch TT Media Center for good.

Cheers.

Edited by Threepwood
The encrypted channels in question - how did they get into your channellist? Are they marked as encrypted?

Hi Griga,

For the regular DVB-S channels at 23.5°E and 19.2°E, I scanned the transponders from within DVBViewer Pro as usual. They are all marked as encrypted automatically. The same applies to the DVB-S2 Premiere HD channels at 19.2°E; the 0192.ini file that came with DVBViewer 3.5.0.4 Beta worked just fine.

For 7° East, I had to scan the transponder in TransEdit 3.0 in order to create a new .ini file, before DVBViewer could find the DVB-S2 channels. Here oddly enough the Irdeto-encrypted Euro1080 HD1 channel is not marked as encrypted, and even if I tick the “encrypted” checkbox manually the setting does not seem to stick.

Is there some way to tell whether DVBViewer is even seeing the inserted CAM? Most other DVB apps, including TT Media Center, have a CAM menu indicating what type of module is inserted even if no channel is tuned. I’m guessing that this is what the “Show CAM” menu entry does in DVBViewer, but it’s always grayed out.

Cheers.

Edited by Threepwood

I remember when i installed the ci interface i have had a strange problem with it. While the original application worked, the sdk did not . What i did was flipping the cable from the ci adapter to the nova card. But i have an older S2 card from technotrend and i will ask the developer there, while refering to this thread.

Christian

I remember when i installed the ci interface i have had a strange problem with it. While the original application worked, the sdk did not. What i did was flipping the cable from the ci adapter to the nova card. But i have an older S2 card from technotrend and i will ask the developer there, while refering to this thread.

Christian

Hi Hackbart , while asking him about that, could you also ask how to implement diseqc 1.1 for spaun switches ?

i can only use 4 of my 7 LNB right now ;) dont thing its hard to implement, nothing to do witch diseqc 1.2...

Best regards

Morten

Edited by hackbart

this is correct, right now no diseqc> 1.0 is supported. I know this is annoying, but unless we did not found a smart way to deal with it... Anyway its not a CI problem!

I remember when i installed the ci interface i have had a strange problem with it. While the original application worked, the sdk did not . What i did was flipping the cable from the ci adapter to the nova card. But i have an older S2 card from technotrend and i will ask the developer there, while refering to this thread.

Well, it was worth a try… ;) Unfortunately flipping the cable didn’t change anything: all my CAMs are still recognized by TT Media Center and CamControl, but not by DVBViewer Pro.

Please let us know if you hear back from the TechnoTrend developer.

Thanks!

Edited by Threepwood

I have found the following workaround for the "CAM not recognized in DVBViewer Pro" problem on WinXP SP2:

From the Technotrend Web Site, download and install the "TT MCE Tools". Choose "MCE CI Plugins and CAMControl". Ignore any errors during install. In the directroy chosen there is a subfolder "ttAutoDecoder", in it you will find a file "ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll". Copy this file to the DVBViewer Pro directory, then rename or move the existing "ttAPI.dll" and rename the "ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll" to "ttAPI.dll". This seems to be a newer version of the dll that DVBViewer uses, at least the exported functions are the same. After that you can uninstall the TT MCE Tools if you want.

The CAM should now be recognized. The CAM menus however do not work properly, the first menu entry is always missing.

This works for me. Hope this helps.

I have found the following workaround for the "CAM not recognized in DVBViewer Pro" problem on WinXP SP2:

From the Technotrend Web Site, download and install the "TT MCE Tools". Choose "MCE CI Plugins and CAMControl". Ignore any errors during install. In the directroy chosen there is a subfolder "ttAutoDecoder", in it you will find a file "ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll". Copy this file to the DVBViewer Pro directory, then rename or move the existing "ttAPI.dll" and rename the "ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.dll" to "ttAPI.dll". This seems to be a newer version of the dll that DVBViewer uses, at least the exported functions are the same. After that you can uninstall the TT MCE Tools if you want.

The CAM should now be recognized. The CAM menus however do not work properly, the first menu entry is always missing.

This works for me. Hope this helps.

;) you are a genius. it works.

BR Gerhard

Many thanks AlDarion! It worked for me as well. ;)

It looks like the ttBdaDrvApi that comes with ttAutoDecoder is indeed a newer version: 1.0.0.4. Whereas the one included with DVBViewer is version 1.0.0.3.

Cheers.

Edited by Threepwood

This is weird, but maybe a problem caused by me. I use the Api in version 1.0.0.5 but i forgot to put it into the installer. Can you try this version i attached?

Christian

ttAPI.zip