DVB + P2P + EPG = Killerapp

ssiekmann

hello all,

can I suggest to add an option in DVBViewer that everytime a recording is started, a text file with the same name but with a *.txt extension is created with the contents of the current EPG info. If we had this, we could just record into our shared P2P client directory thus creating the biggest broadcast archive on the planet.

regards,

sascha.

I also really appreciate that feature!

And I am again amazed how fast things can be implemented here.

Cheers from Ireland,

Matthy

hmm, since it was easy to implement (<2mins), i added this feature.. Even if it does not make any sense at the first sight, maybe it is usefull for more than one person :)

Christian

thanks, that helps a lot!

hi

i have a little problem. I dont understand the function of such a textfile. What can you do with a textfile where you can find the EPG entrys of the recordet file. Maybe i have not enough knowledge for P2P or my english is not good enough for this.

Can someone send me a PM or a mail with a little german description?

thanks

Steffen

Guest hackbart

Hi,

as far as i understood, a function was required to save the title, and description of an event into a same named txt file.

Since mpeg does not support officially (like avi) such packets with text information, i save them into a seperate file.

It looks like this:

1st line: Event

2nd line: Title

3rd line: Description

If would create a database with recorded videos i would do the same, but since these files are that big... :)

Christian

PS: P2P means Peer 2 Peer, or in german "von Partner zu Partner" (im Sinne von Datenaustausch)

Thanks for explanation!

@Griga: i know what P2P is, but i dont know what ssieckman want do with a lot of a..txt files and how he could use this as a broadcast archive and which P2P-software can use this files for a database. I know a lot of P2P-software (caza, emule, overnet, ICQ, edonkey etc.) but i had never heard something about this a..txt-files. Thats my problem.

As far as i understood the other user can download the textfile and get a description of the film. And if he like it he can download it. So he economize a lot of time for a useless download.