Which DVB-C card to buy?

Exel

I'm currently using one Technisat Cablestar 2 PCI card. I'm looking into buying a second DVB-C card for dual-tuner operation. The remote that came with the Technisat card quite frankly sucks with limited number of buttons (no record / play controls even!) that overlap with each other. So I need a better one. Which cards would come with a better remote?

I have the TWINHAN CAB CI (Mantis-2033 Chipset).

Before I has the Twinhan I have a lot of stutter and errors with other DVB-C PCI-Cards.

Buy the TWINHAN and be happy, the card runs with the the last BDA-Drivers with CI-Support, only for the age-settings you must install the TWINHAN-Software and change it to OFF.

To the remote can I say nothing... I only use the general keys. But the record key do not make a record.

---I have not test tools or plugins "for me change the channel, go to EPG, change the sound volume" is enough---

Edited by villi

Hello,

with winlirc you can use almost everyone remote control with the receiver for the technisat remote

i use the sony rm-816 with grider and the igor plugin, for all command of DVBViewer

here are complete *cf files for many remote controls http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/

here can you find a manual to learn every remote too winlirc Konfiguration von WinLIRC sorry its in german :bye: but it's not difficult to learn

:)

If the Technisat USB device is MCE compatible, you could try Girder with the MCE Remote plugin. The MCE plugin replaces the existing device driver with a Girder compatible one.

Does the Twinhan remote work with DVBViewer out-of-the-box or does it need some plugin? Does it have software to work with other Windows applications directly? Can it be used to launch DVBViewer from Windows?

Does the Twinhan remote work with DVBViewer out-of-the-box or does it need some plugin? Does it have software to work with other Windows applications directly? Can it be used to launch DVBViewer from Windows?

Yes, it runs out of the box, connect it and configure the DVBViewer over the function that are listet in the manual here http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page...er=g⊂=g6

I don´t know if it is possible to start with the remote control. I think than you must have a second software that have a sensor to make action "start DVBViewer now"

Does the Twinhan remote work as a keyboard emulator, ie. does DV detect the remote control buttons as keyboard buttons?

I would say "YES".

You are right, when I press 1 on the remote = 1 in Viewer

When I press CH+ or CH- the viewer make pgup and pgdown (Page up and down) ***

***The Viewer learn it!! I take the funtion in the configuration menü and press learn and press the right button on the remote-control.

Now the viewer understand CH+ on my remote as PgUp and in Viewer it is Channnel up - for me and this TWINHAN-Remote.

When you test it with your keyboard, the function are the same... change Channel up to Page up and save it, test it with press Page up, then you will see.

The remote control is a keyboard for the viewer. Would I say...

Edited by villi