'DVBV OSD-Source' Direct show Filter problem

porksfree

J'm trying to customize the video rendering with my personal graphs (GraphSelector plug in), but j can't find the "DVBV OSD-Source" in the list of the editor. If j try to connect "GraphEdit" to a remote graph while a DVD is playing in DVBViewer, j see the graph but j'can't save it to disk because j get an error message, something like "Not registrered Interface" .

J tried with two different PC. In attach the graph screenshot.

post-23995-1156840894_thumb.png

Ok, thanks. J thought that was my problem!

So, probably there is a bug in rendering Video if j put a DVD.grf in DVBViewer root folder using VMR insted of overlay.

This is my test:

- DVBViewer using default graph (without DVD.grf in the root folder)-> OK in Overlay and VMR9 mode (in VMR there is a little bug that j posted in the apposite section)

- DVBViewer using custom graph, DVD.grf -> OK in overlay, in VMR9 only audio, no video!!!

If someone confirms, we can post it as bug in bug report section.

• 2 weeks later...

Lars,

could you consider releasing the "DVBV OSD-Source" as a standalone subtitles filter?

At present there is no way to watch MPEG2 (SD and HD) files with DXVA (which on NVidia cards gives very good results) and external subtitles.

I've done some testing and can tell that using a different pin on the VMR9 renderer doesn't kill DXVA and allows adding external subtitles. The only thing that's missing is a DirectShow filter that can take a .sub/.srt/.txt file, parse it and be able to connect directly to the render. If your internal filter can make this it will be used by a large number of non US user which nead subtitles.