Real Magic Xcard mpeg4 hardware decoder

paultoke

Hi

My problem is BBC1 HDTV, all other channels work perfect. I assume the problem is with decoding the MPEG4 format. Picture is very good when there is not a lot of movement but when there is I get lots of judder in picture.

I was thinking of installing a hardware MPEG4 decoder does anyone know if DVBViewer will work with a MPEG4 hardware decoder or does it only work with software decoders like CoreAVC.

Or can anyone recommend a graphics card capable of showing BBC1 HDTV properly.

I'm using a AMD 3800+ dual core processor with 1GB ram and a 256MB ATI x1600 and CoreAVC and SkyStar 2.

Many thanks

Paul

Edited by paultoke
Is there a Mpeg4 Hardware decoder card for sale?

Sigma Designs make a card called REALmagic Xcard it is about $99 and supports HDTV output as well as MPEG4 decoding

Sigma Designs make a card called REALmagic Xcard it is about $99 and supports HDTV output as well as MPEG4 decoding

Afaik it decodes Mpeg4 but not Mpeg4AVC aka H.264

Edited by Zyknyp
Afaik it decodes Mpeg4 but not Mpeg4AVC aka H.264

I thought as it used a direct show filter it might work. Oh well now to look for a graphics card the will do the job.

Thanks for the info Zyknyp.