SKY HD (UK)

ice coffee

It is allowed if a DVB card/device with CI (Common Interface) and a CAM (Conditional Access Module) is connected to your computer that enables legal decryption according to the terms and conditions of your provider.

Oh good, I tried Sky HD but it did not work, Everything else did (movies sports etc etc). But today I tried to get pro sabien HD and that did not work either, it worked with DVBViewer GE but not with pro. I upgraded my pro to 3.504 but im yet to test again.

Does anyone know of any reason for sky not to work !!!

Edited by ice coffee

Which codecs did you try?

Could you lock onto the channels?

Did BBC HD work? (Yes I know this is DVB-S at the moment)

I'm going to be trying this soon when I receive my technotrend DVB-S2 card

Whitey

The dilemma will be again that there is afaik no legal CI_module or module_firmware for Sky..

If I use a legitamate sky viewing card I dont see how it is illegal !! it may be against my terms and conditions but since no theft of pay TV services has occured, I dont think im breaking the law !! I pay my monthly money and as far as im concerned should not be bound by skys limted decoder boxes !!!

@ whitey yes I was always getting BBC HD however I was using version 3.5.0.1 which could not see DVB S2 stations (as used by sky) so I could not get pro sebien (german HD chan) or any sky chans !! now im on 3.5.0.4 I will try again when I get my m8s sky viewing card

Edited by ice coffee

The dilemma lies not within the terms and conditions of your subscription. That's between you and your provider. The dilemma is the illegal software (not licenced) inside the modules. The discussion about these modules has to be conducted elsewhere but not here. So there won't be any support possible..

The dilemma lies not within the terms and conditions of your subscription. That's between you and your provider. The dilemma is the illegal software (not licenced) inside the modules. The discussion about these modules has to be conducted elsewhere but not here. So there won't be any support possible..

Understood !!!

It's not a DVDViewer issue in any case as from what I have read elsewhere using a Sky HD card in a Dragon/T.Rex CAM in a Humax HD standalone satellite receiver does not work either.

thanks for the info, I suspected it was a cam issue

• 4 months later...

I dont want to be contentious here but I would like to add that if you have a yellow house sky card you can view the s*y hd promo channel. I am also told that if you have legit card and sub you can view say s*y movies. I have also read elsewhere that you have to enter your s*y boxkey into the trex cam. You will appreciate I can only vouchsafe the first line of this post. I'm working on the rest towards HD. Hope this helps.