Sky UK EPG

Whitey

Can DVBViewer be setup to use Sky UKs full 7-day epg?

At the moment I only get the now and next information for channels in transponders that I have tuned into.

AIUI Sky UK uses a MHW type epg broadcast on the default transponder.

Thanks

Whitey

• 3 months later...
I know its a bit of an old post but where you able to get the full 7 day sky EPG wokring for the UK and if so how?

I use the "MyXMLTV" plugin to convert an XMLTV file that I download from the radiotimes to use with DVBViewer. With this you get most of the more popular channels

Whitey

• 7 years later...

I use the "MyXMLTV" plugin to convert an XMLTV file that I download from the radiotimes to use with DVBViewer. With this you get most of the more popular channels

Whitey

Sorry to bump a very old thread, but I'm thinking of buying / installing DVBViewer, but I want to be sure that it will be able to provide a 7 or 14 day EPG for the Sky UK encrypted channels such as Sky Sports etc.

Is someone able to confirm that it is possible to get a Sky UK EPG in DVBViewer?

Also, you are able to do this, what app do most people use to do this? (I did a search for "MyXMLTV" and couldn't find much up-to-date information on it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

wg++ for example:

http://www.webgrabplus.com/

DVBViewer cannot natively get the Sky EPG, but it can get the Freesat EPG. To get the Sky EPG you need to use a seperate program that either gets it from the web or from satellite and them imports it into the Recording Service. In some cases you need to use two programmes - one to gather the dat and one to import the data. Most people use a timer in recording service to launch the EPG grabber so that once it is configured, you never have to think about it again.

I use EPG Collector. It grabs the EPG from satellite and automatically devliers it to the Recording Service. I personally find it the easiest to use.

C.