BSOD: crash with HDTV H264

ilaps

hello

I have a problem with DVBviwer GE with some H264 clips: it crashes badly on some part of the clip, with a blue screen; it comes from nv4_disp.dll, which is a nvidia driver. I searched on the NET, and I have seen that this crash is quite common, and that it is called a BSOD: blue screen of death :bye:

But it appears that there is no definitive solution yet.

I use a GC geforce 7300GS, with dxva (without dxva it doesn't crash, but CPU is 100%, and film is not smooth)

But it is not a problem specific to my configuration, because I have tried with a powerful PC with 2 XEON, and it crashes exactly the same.

Nor it is a problem of DVBViewer, because It crashes exctly the same with Mplayerc

I use the powerdvd7 h264 codec , and the last version of forceware nvidia drivers

It happens only with some HD H264 films: for example it never happens on LUXE-TV channel during the regular HD program, it only appears during HD-forum presentation clips.

Has SO experimented a similar problem? Has SO found solutions? Are there variations in the implementation of H264, such that it may happen that some players/codecs don't work with some programs?

oddly encoded: that was the spirit of my question: is it possible that a HOT-BIRD channel called LUXE-TV (11219 H) sends programs which are from time to time oddly encoded?

Clips I'm speaking about are recorded with DVBViewer with a dummy codec

no, not that I'm aware of..

your problem lies here >I use a GC geforce 7300GS, with dxva (without dxva it doesn't crash, but CPU is 100%, and film is not smooth)

..you have to switch off dxva and wait for a fix from nvidia.

If you do, it would be at least polite to provide a link to the other thread.

The way you handle it keeps supporters unnecessarily busy (e.g. if one supporter replies in thread A, not knowing that someone else has already written the same in thread B or the problem is already solved there). And it confuses other users who are searching for anwers.

That's why we don't like such a behaviour, and that's why it is forbidden by the forum rules.