Beta Update

hackbart

I've uploaded a new beta. Nothing special only fine tuning and an update for the network streaming plugin. I'm too tired to add more features, i'll do tomorrow..

Christian

Well I don't think christian means features but changes :bye:

I'll list the ones I know:

- Recording window:

The timerlist in the recording window now has a configurable header. You can show/hide columns via the header popup menu (right click with mouse on header) and you can sort the columns the way you want them (via drag'n'drop). There are also two new columns: Day and Duration. The day from the date field was removed.

- Internal Winlirc Plugin:

The internal winlirc plugin has now a options page in the option/input/inpputplugins section (select plugin und press options). You can adjust the winlirc host and port there. Normally there are no changes required.

- Netstreaming Plugin:

The Netstreaming Plugin is now capeable of streaming the whole transponder. You can activate it in the plugin options. It is not advised to use this for a WLAN (at least it doesn't work with my 54 MBit WLAN). And remember encrypted channels stay encrypted, only the one played back in the DVBViewer will be decrypted via CAM/CI.

- Pinnacle hdtv USB-2 device

DiseqC should work with it now.

- VMR OSD Filter

The VMR OSD Filter has been improved. Now there should be no problems with HDTV channels and not fitting OSD. If you had problems with the VMR OSD try this version. All you people suffering NVidia's wraith, I don't think it will fix nvidia's bugs, but you can try...

- Channellist

The channel list now synchronises with the current channel, if the window is open and the channel changed via remote, favourites or keyboard.

-OSD-MiniEPG

"No data available" is now displayed if no epg data is available. If you don't want this, simply search for this text in the language file and change it to an empty string.

More to come from christian after his beauty sleep :)

6hr Beauty sleep - i do not need more for this :bye:

Okay i also added some other small things:

- Vista Menustyle

This is nothing special, but i liked the design while testing the DVBViewer family under the new OS. Just go to Options->General->Appearance

- Bugfix in Skinmode under Vista

Under the latest Release Candidate my old skin engine caused an exception.

I remember i also made some other smaller code cleanups.

Christian

what i expected, it is similar here. Technically we do not resize the display anymore (okay except the aspect ratio). I suppose the problem might be caused by Renderless Mode in combination with two input pins. In my case i'm unable to use DXVA with the Nvidia Decoder under Graphedit if i add two input pins in the mixing renderer.

Christian

Well, to make it clear what VMR problem has been taken care of in the current beta... it's the 1/4 picture problem, right?

VMR Problems that persist are incompatibility between VMR9 and ImportMDB.dll and ImportTSP.dll on some machines (who knows what can cause such behaviour...) and also the stuttering/dropping frames with nVIDIA gfx in combination with DXVA and both, VMR7 and VMR9 (does not matter which DirectShow decoder is being used).

Edited by CiNcH
Finally, VMR9 under Nvidia video cards are working! :)

Special Thanks to you!

Got the 1/4-size picture not fixed, but now the OSD is only working in all Modes except VMR7. Under VMR7 the OSD isn't shown (absolutely no OSD) and is not in the Graph, see my attached GraphEdit Screenshot.

I don't know if it is a specific behabiour of my machine, but with 3.5.0.4 it worked all-right and i used VMR7. With 3.5.0.10 i can't use VMR7 because of the missing OSD and I can't use VMR9 because of the 1/4 screen picture bug :bye: . Damn, I was so happy that you fixed the gaps on the left and right side of the OSD on 4:3 aspect ratio :bye:. Change back to 3.5.0.4 until one VMR-Mode is fixed.

Cheereo

NeDrY

Hello,

... but now the OSD is only working in all Modes except VMR7. Under VMR7 the OSD isn't shown (absolutely no OSD) and is not in the Graph, see my attached GraphEdit Screenshot.
here the same, with a Matrox no nVidia :bye:

and on 16x9 transmissions not shown correct in VMR9

16x9 its 4x3 with bars on all sides

post-13712-1158779061_thumb.jpg

:)

Hi,

some of us are waiting for the diseqc support for the medion 8800 tuner. Now there is a new better version and you make the diseqc-support for a new card (Pinnacle hdtv USB-2). I hope that you will do support our card in the near future (I think it can' t be so difficult since it work in the GE-Version). Can you add the diseqc-support for the next update. I am waiting so wishfully (is this correct?) for it.

Many greetings

iengels

Hi,

of course I've tried it. But it don't work. Here are the things that I have done.

I#ve installed version 3.5 with the setup-program. When I do a channel search with this version all channels on astra were found (setting Diseqc A/A) but when I do a search on Hotbird (setting DiesqC (B/A) ) the progress bar shows me 0% 45 channels found. I think PAT and PMT are green and SDT is yellow. Then there is the switch to 1 % and after that PAT is allways green and PMT and SDT stay red till the end of the scan. There were no more channels found. When I try the 45 channels that were found none of them seems to be ok. I can't see any picture.

When I copy all the files of DVBViewer GE to the DVBViewer directory I can make a channel search with exactly the same settings and there were about 1600 channels found and they are ok.

I copy the files of version 3.5.0.4 or 3.5.1.0 to the directory and the problem was the same as with version 3.5.0 of DVBViewer. I also tried to copy these files after I make a channel search with DVBViewer GE. Then none of the channels that GE found are working with the files of the pro-version.

Maybe you can help me.

Many greetings

iengels

I just kindly want to remind that the subtitle activation problem is still not fixed.

I think Christian promised to fix it a while ago:

I know the alpha channel is not used for subtitles at the moment but i have it on my personal todo list :)

Christian

We keep on waiting :bye:

I just kindly want to remind that the subtitle activation problem is still not fixed.

I think Christian promised to fix it a while ago:

We keep on waiting :)

I would also like to see the subtitle activation problem fixed as soon as possible :/

Best Regards

Morten

which activation? please always post a link with it. We can't remember everything.

And remember we never promise something, but say we take a look into it. :)

To view teletext subtitles you have to select subtiltles from the context menu

with right mouse button. That is needed every time when changing channel.

DVBViewer remembers the subtitle selection per each channel but does not

"activate" the subtitle showing.

what i expected, it is similar here. Technically we do not resize the display anymore (okay except the aspect ratio). I suppose the problem might be caused by Renderless Mode in combination with two input pins. In my case i'm unable to use DXVA with the Nvidia Decoder under Graphedit if i add two input pins in the mixing renderer.

Christian

I don't know about Renderless mode (or how to enable it in GraphEdit), but here is a screenshot I made earlier this evening showing use of two pins of VMR9 and still having DXVA (confirmed either by the properties page of the decoder or the deinterlace quality of the NBC footage). As you can see from the graph one of the input pins is connected to the NVidia Decoder and the other one is connected to an AVS script which shows subtitles on a gray background. The subtitles input is Alpha blanded to 50% so you can see the video in the back.

Can't you reproduce the same in your case?

VMR9x2_NV_DXVA.png

Edited by pankov

There is a new nVidia problem with the current beta and VMR9. I permanently get BSoD's when switching channels: STOP: 0x0000008E - nv4_disp.dll. GeForce 6610XL v. 8.4.6.6

Sem

which activation? please always post a link with it. We can't remember everything.

And remember we never promise something, but say we take a look into it. :)

Here u go.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...c=13224&hl=

Many users have this problem. Myself included.

Also it woud be nice if u used something like a public version of the Mantis bugtracking system. Its opensource web solution. Really nice.

http://www.mantisbt.org/

Here is an example of the system in use:

http://bugs.mantisbt.org/my_view_page.php

Hi!

Diseqc is still not working with Pinnacle HDTV USB... It only finds channels on A/A position.

In the other hand, H264 channels give me "cannot render mediafile/output pin, error:0x80004005 (unknown error code)" since yesterday. It always worked for me with Cyberlink h264 codec in GE version. Now it doesn´t work neither GE or Pro version... Should i reinstall cyberlink codec?

Edited by ramonchin

Sorry, I'm a little bit stressed :)

I don't know about Renderless mode (or how to enable it in GraphEdit), but here is a screenshot I made earlier this evening showing use of two pins of VMR9 and still having DXVA (confirmed either by the properties page of the decoder or the deinterlace quality of the NBC footage). As you can see from the graph one of the input pins is connected to the NVidia Decoder and the other one is connected to an AVS script which shows subtitles on a gray background. The subtitles input is Alpha blanded to 50% so you can see the video in the back.

Can't you reproduce the same in your case?

VMR9x2_NV_DXVA.png

How do you get all those options in Nvidia properties window?

Thanks

Edited by ramonchin
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm using the new beta with PCTV HDTV Sat USB. DVB-S2 channels looks very scrambled in overlay and vmr modes.

GE version works fine with both.

Thank you

Ciao

Edited by ramonchin
Hi

I'm using the new beta with PCTV HDTV Sat USB. DVB-S2 channels looks very scrambled in overlay and vmr modes.

GE version works fine with both.

Thank you

Ciao

Tonight it's working great with GE and PRO version, I think it's beacuse of a better signal.

Sorry ;)

Thanks