Nvidia pure video

mogga

Is it possible to add video codecs to DVBViewer? I'm using the latest edition and I can choose the Nvidia codec for the Mpeg2 channels but for the h 264 channel are there no option for the nvidia decoder. The reason that I want to use this decoder is that the cpu use much less power with this.

Is it possible to add video codecs to DVBViewer? I'm using the latest edition and I can choose the Nvidia codec for the Mpeg2 channels but for the h 264 channel are there no option for the nvidia decoder. The reason that I want to use this decoder is that the cpu use much less power with this.

Hi Mogga,

as described h-e-r-e the Nvidia PureVideo Decoder can't decode H.264. You need Cyberlink PowerDVD, InterVideo WinDVD, Nero ShowTime or another standalone H.264-Decoder like the CoreAVC Video Decoder. The first three should make use of the Hardware Acceleration Nvidia GF6/7 Cards offer...

To add one of that Decoders you have to Install it on your PC, after that you can select them in the DirectX-Options...

Cheereo

NeDrY

Hi Mogga,

as described h-e-r-e the Nvidia PureVideo Decoder can't decode H.264. You need Cyberlink PowerDVD, InterVideo WinDVD, Nero ShowTime or another standalone H.264-Decoder like the CoreAVC Video Decoder. The first three should make use of the Hardware Acceleration Nvidia GF6/7 Cards offer...

To add one of that Decoders you have to Install it on your PC, after that you can select them in the DirectX-Options...

Cheereo

NeDrY

Thank you for the info. Then I have to try some of the others. The problem now is that the PC slow down when I watch h 264 programs, and with mpeg2 HD channels it use very little cpu power. The h 264 channels is running smooth though, but if I shall do something else it goes slow.

Edited by mogga
Thank you for the info. Then I have to try some of the others. The problem now is that the PC slow down when I watch h 264 programs, and with mpeg2 HD channels it use very little cpu power. The h 264 channels is running smooth though, but if I shall do something else it goes slow.

HD-Decoding needs a lot of Power as hackbart pointed out here, maybe you don't have enough of that :) ?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12069

Cheereo

NeDrY

HD-Decoding needs a lot of Power as hackbart pointed out here, maybe you don't have enough of that :bye: ?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12069

Cheereo

NeDrY

Well, I have two 1.8ghz opteron cpu on my motherboard. Both Sat 1 HD and Pro Sieben HD runs smooth so there is enough power to run them, but it is when I try try to operate the PC while i'm watching on those channels things goes slow

Edited by mogga