Top Posters In This Topic

• ramonchin

• CiNcH

• ricabullah

• NeDrY

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't count on it.

News sites report that NVidia is under heavy pressure concerning the quality of the drivers particularly for Vista, and that there are people trying to organize a class-action lawsuit against NVidia. See here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=de&q=N...wsuit&meta=

Thanks

So, I'll wait for a new xp forceware driver release :idiot:

It's said that ATI has the same problem (stuttering) in VMR

Isn't it?

Thanks

It's said that ATI has the same problem (stuttering) in VMR

Just tried a little Radeon 9600 a fey days ago and there was no stuttering at all. Also no stuttering on my notebook with Mobility Radeon 9700 .

I am going to set up a new HTPC next week, this time with a Radeon X1600 Pro and HDMI.

Edited by CiNcH
  • 1 month later...
Just tried a little Radeon 9600 a fey days ago and there was no stuttering at all. Also no stuttering on my notebook with Mobility Radeon 9700 .

I am going to set up a new HTPC next week, this time with a Radeon X1600 Pro and HDMI.

Well, I was using a radeon (don't remember the actual reference) previously with powerstrip to output directly on the TV, overlay & unchanged were smooth, VMR were stuttering.

Now I've upgraded my system to another radeon a X1300, for HDMI output on a full HD screen; Rigt now I'm still outputting on svideo as the screen hasn't been shipped yet, yet the problem is still there even as I changed video card & video drivers. Stuttering in VMR, smooth in unchanged & overlay.

Those "bumps" in the animation clearly have to do with interlacing; The stutter is actually because either in some occurences the odd / even frames aren't respected anymore (maybe one frame is skipped, maybe one frame is doubled, I don't know)

Yet I have no idea how this could be fixed.

So clearly this has nothing to do with a NVidia bug.

I get stuttering when using the "OSD VMR HT Fix", doesn't matter which codec, though right now I'm using Cyberlink 7 Mpeg2

However when watching H.264 broadcasts, I need to turn the "OSD VMR HT Fix" on, otherwise I get video noise (because of the OSD??!).

It would be nice to get this fixed, so I don't have to go into options and toggle it all the time when changing from SD to HD channels.

This is using a C2D E4300 @ 2.4 Ghz, TT 3200 with a ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 (with HDMI output).

Overlay works fine, but colors are a bit off, since HDMI uses 16-239 black levels.

Hi!

Has anyone checked DVBViewer + Vista? Is this VMR bug still present?

Perhaps DX10 can solve this problem...

The exact problem still there in Vista.

Finally I have choosen "Overlay mixer" option until Nvidia gets VMR working fine.

Okay... it is only a VMR Bug? But why doesn't work the "Overlay mixer" for me? When i choose this option there will be only a black screen.

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

* Version 95.97

Greetings EBI

No. They seem to be more focused on their core business which obviously is games. And if you look at the problems they are having with Vista it is pretty obvious that this is currently of highest priority (which makes sense).

I am afraid that you won't see any changes in this matter in the next couple of weeks/months, if ever...

Let's just hope that Christian pushes his renderer to get rid of VMR Windowless.

No. They seem to be more focused on their core business which obviously is games. And if you look at the problems they are having with Vista it is pretty obvious that this is currently of highest priority (which makes sense).

I am afraid that you won't see any changes in this matter in the next couple of weeks/months, if ever...

Let's just hope that Christian pushes his renderer to get rid of VMR Windowless.

So, Is VMR renderless the solution?

I think renderless can't use DXVA... can it?

Is Christian working around ?

Thanks CiNcH

The advantage of renderless over a completely self-made renderer is DXVA I would say. So when using VMR renderless, decoders _can_ query DXVA.

Christian's approach is a completely independet renderer. However, I do not exactly know what the advantages over VMR renderless are.

• 3 weeks later...
I think it's Geforce 8 drivers... Isn't it?

Geforce 7 still with 93.71 :)

The file .inf posted allows you to install the driver on series 6 and 7 too.

I wonder though if the VMR stuttring is really fixed before installing this driver set. It's not that I don't trust the words of a user, but a single swallow spring does not make.

New official ForceWare 158.22 for XP released. It's only for 8800-Series but can be installed with modded nv4_disp.inf. On my 6600GT the Nvidia Bug is NOT fixed with this driver! With Cyberlink Decoder I got no stuttering but TV picture reduced to 1/4 size with crap around it. Same Procedure as every release :). Has anybody tested NGO or Omega Driver for the bug?

Cheereo

NeDrY

Edited by NeDrY

VMR never fill up all the screen but 1080 sources (my tv is Full HD). It's like no upscaling method is present.

Is this part of VMR windowed issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello , remplacing my old 93.71 drivers with the 94.24 news one for the first time I could get VMR9 working with my TT S2-3200 :)

Couldn't make long tests but hope it will hold on ! !

Hello , remplacing my old 93.71 drivers with the 94.24 news one for the first time I could get VMR9 working with my TT S2-3200 :)

Couldn't make long tests but hope it will hold on ! !

Not for me, unfortunately. After the while, the stuttering is back on, as usual...

Not for me, unfortunately. After the while, the stuttering is back on, as usual...

He was most likely referring to the "quarter picture problem".

• 3 weeks later...
He was most likely referring to the "quarter picture problem".

Very expensive graphic cards without smooth video play (VMR)... and without support from vendor... It's a big SHIT!!

They get 100000000... fps on latest 3d games but a simple film drops frames ;)

I can't understand it.

I trust these smart guys give us good news with their D3D renderer.

Edited by ramonchin
  • 2 weeks later...

ForceWare 158.27 WHQL solves the "quarter-picture" problem ("NVidia Bug") for GeForce 8 series GPU's too.

Edited by CiNcH
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed driver version 162.15 on VISTA, 8600 GTS

The problem of quality with VMR9 is still here with DVBViewer Pro.

But when I use DVBdream 1.3c, the quality with VMR9 is Excelent! with this new driver!

Have you already made some test with 162.15 drivers?

Problem is how the DVBViewer mixes video and OSD's. It is the way Microsoft specified. I am not even sure whether it can be fixed with a driver update, only work around it with some drawbacks, like the nVIDIA VMR fix within DVBViewer.

Funny is that latest ATi X2000 series seems to suffer from the same problem, see here.

Hope we will soon hear something new from the D3D renderer front.

• 3 weeks later...

I have colors setting problems on my 7100 Nvidia too.. (crappy colors)

Haven't find the correct setting in Nvidia panels!

Nvidia is a little bit shitt in colors quality / settings .

Had nice colors vith my old Ati card , but no HD ...

Etienne

• 2 weeks later...
I am not even sure whether it can be fixed with a driver update, only work around it with some drawbacks, like the nVIDIA VMR fix within DVBViewer.

I think I CAN be fixed with a driver update, because I don't have the Problem with only 8 bit color depth. I know it looks weired, it was just for testing purposes -_- . Can somebody please confirm that the quarter-picture bug only appears with 16 or 32 bit color depth?

BTW, the new ForceWare 162.18 still has the problem with my 6600GT :wacko:

Cheereo

NeDrY

Can somebody please confirm that the quarter-picture bug only appears with 16 or 32 bit color depth?

Confirmed.

Confirmed.

Ok, thank you. I think it's a driver issue or a DirectX related problem. Maybe somebody has tested older DirectX-Versions? Otherwise let's send many mails to Nvidia support -_-

Cheereo

NeDrY

I use a old NVidia driver 81.98 there is no Problem. Only if i use a newer driver i need the nVIDIA VMR fix.

But the driver did not work with newer cards.

I use a old NVidia driver 81.98 there is no Problem. Only if i use a newer driver i need the nVIDIA VMR fix.

But the driver did not work with newer cards.

Which Gfx-Card do you own? I tried all official drivers from 66.93 to 162.18 but no luck -_-

Cheereo

NeDrY

• 1 month later...

Here's a little comparison between a Radeon 9600 (and how 2 input pins should be handled by the VMR) and a GeForce 8600 (how things should not look like). I have mixed two video sources using GraphEdit:

nVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

GraphEdit_nVIDIA8600.jpg

ATi Radeon 9600

GraphEdit_ATi9600.jpg

You can bug nVIDIA with the problem over here, even though I do not think it will help...

On the following picture you will recognize that it is indeed only the VMR deinterlacer (also used together with DXVA) that is causing trouble. It is forced when setting the interlaced flag on the output pin, outsourcing deinterlacing to the VMR. (MPV Decoder does not support DXVA)

vmr_deint.jpg

Edited by CiNcH