NVidia Bug

hackbart

I noticed that my new Radeon HD 2400 exhibits this same bug, whereas all previous generations of ATI cards (including the last generation X1950 Pro) were "immune" to it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ramonchin

• CiNcH

• ricabullah

• NeDrY

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, this means bugfixing for the DVBViewer: rename 'nVIDIA VMR Fix' to 'nVIDIA/ATi VMR Fix' within language files *g*

BTW, some thought that YUV mixing could fix the problem, but YUV mixing introduces a different problem in combination with DXVA/VMR deinterlacing in case of nVIDIA:

yuv.jpg

Edited by CiNcH

Hi guys!

I gave it a try as well.

NVidia 8600 GTS, Vista 32, FW 163.67.

SD+SD:

vmr90001lk6.jpg

SD+HD:

vmr90002le4.jpg

And DVBViewerPro:

is flickering between 1/4 screen;

vmr90003mg8.th.jpg

and full screen:

vmr90004tn2.th.jpg

Then, what is wrong with GE? ( It is my favorite as you know.)

More interesting, it gives the same slide-show with any renderer.(i say %100 slide-show without any video piece)

Edited by ricabullah

Hi Griga!

All the filters are the same with pro but still slide-show is exist with progressive EinsFestival on GE.

I hoped you fixed this issue on your new version of GE and downloaded it; i saw nothing has changed.

It's most probably just a problem with this special sample recording. It is just a short sample. If you have problems in real-life scenarios then it is worth taking a look at it. We are going way too much off-topic in this thread now...

Edited by CiNcH

OK, before i shut up i wanna ask a last question to you: have you lived any problem while watching this short clip with GE?

If the answer is "yes", have you met any problem with this clip on Pro?

And i've shut up!!

Edited by ricabullah

Really?

Five guys checked out this clip with GE and confirmed me. BTW, nobody would expect HA with this short clip but at least some movie not just pictures.

Hi!

I want to make the correction of my mistake.

Today, one of my friends uploaded a longer Eins Frestival record. (thx to skove22)

Really i must say GE is working with 720p as well without any problem.

Sorry Griga!

correctionyt2.th.jpg

Edited by ricabullah
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, very interesting topic this. I am using vista 32 with a Nvidia 8600GT graphics card, TT S3200, DVBViewer 3.9.1.1 and I am experiencing exactly the same Stuttering whilst using VMR9 but only On HD channels, all the SD are really smooth.

I have just discovered the Vista Enhanced Renderer and it's as SMOOTH AS HELL!! with either SD or HD channels, the colours are really deep and bright, the blacks wonderful and no flickering as with VMR renderer. For those using Vista give it a try, for those with XP it can work too, just download : http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=21791

The only problem I am experiencing is whilst watching SD channels I have to resize/stretch the screen every time I switch on DVBViewer, and the settings on the renderer will not keep.

Let me know if you are experiencing similar problems.

This is a known problem and most likely won't be fixed in DVBViewer for quite a while, because EVR support is still experimental and not a big priority at this time.

In XP it's not recommended to use EVR. There are even reports that it doesn't work with DVBViewer Pro.

The only problem I am experiencing is whilst watching SD channels I have to resize/stretch the screen every time I switch on DVBViewer, and the settings on the renderer will not keep.

Let me know if you are experiencing similar problems.

Give it a try with GE; no problem here. Zoom property works very well.

Edited by ricabullah
This is a known problem and most likely won't be fixed in DVBViewer for quite a while, because EVR support is still experimental and not a big priority at this time.

In XP it's not recommended to use EVR. There are even reports that it doesn't work with DVBViewer Pro.

Thanks for your help Moses, I've been trying to find a solution for days now, but I think you have convinced me to give up for the time being. I must say though this is a pity because the picture quality from EVR is really great. For the time being I'm using "unchanged" and I've managed to get quite a good picture by using the settings in the Nvidia display panel.

I agree about the fact that the EVR causes bugs with XP I have read several subjects on this even though some get satisfaction from it.

Give it a try with GE; no problem here. Zoom property works very well.

Thanks for the info ricabullah, I admit that I have never tried the GE version of DVBViewer, what exactly is the difference between the GE and the pro version? does the GE version exist in English or French or is it just in German? when you say zoom function works is that whilst re-zooming through the EVR settings? or through the video and audio settings of DVBViewer?

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the info ricabullah, I admit that I have never tried the GE version of DVBViewer, what exactly is the difference between the GE and the pro version? does the GE version exist in English or French or is it just in German? when you say zoom function works is that whilst re-zooming through the EVR settings? or through the video and audio settings of DVBViewer?

Thanks for your help

Extract DVBVGE_2_4_4 onto desktop and carry this folder under C > Program Files.

Open the folder and find Language sub-folder. Under language folder, you will see a file named Deutch.Ing; just delete it.

When you start the program you will meet an english version of it.

Extract DVBVGE_2_4_4 onto desktop and carry this folder under C > Program Files.

Open the folder and find Language sub-folder. Under language folder, you will see a file named Deutch.Ing; just delete it.

When you start the program you will meet an english version of it.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try.

What is the main difference between this version and the pro version?

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try.

What is the main difference between this version and the pro version?

OK GE (Griga Edition/ not German Edition as supposed) is an experimental version of DVBV on which our friends make some critical innovations before applying them on to the main program.

For the time being the most important thing which GE has is real EVR support, including "zoom" property.

Second is the preview function is much better than Pro.

For scaling with EVR selected (i consider you use Vista32):

select zoom under settings and shift "pan and zoom" as much as you want:

zoomii8.th.png

Edited by ricabullah
OK GE (Griga Edition/ not German Edition as supposed) is an experimental version of DVBV on which our friends make some chritical innovations before applying them on to the main program.

For the time being the most important thing which GE has is real EVR support, including "zoom" property.

Second is the preview function is much better than Pro.

For scaling with EVR selected (i consider you use Vista32):

select zoom under settings and shift "pan and zoom" as much as you want:

zoomii8.th.png

Great stuff thanks for that, I'll give it a go, do you get the technotrend remote support and favorite list as in pro version?

Thanks again

Great stuff thanks for that, I'll give it a go, do you get the technotrend remote support and favorite list as in pro version?

Thanks again

With infrared RS232 receiver of ss2 card and with winlirc, you can use TT3200 with remote on GE. (according to the experimental feedbacks of my friends. I didn't give it a try) For the favorites list, the answer is yes.

Edit:sorry for the mistake it was not TT remote plug-in but Winlirc

Edited by ricabullah

GE bases on DVBViewer 2.x and therefore lacks many of the features pro has, for example the OSD is very different and not skinnalbe and so on... this enables much easier support of EVR in GE. Furthermore it lacks CI support and networking and so on... it's like a "reduced" version of current DVBViewer and developed by griga. It's more focused on "what's possible" and the newes technics (for example EVR, or AAC).. you should give it a try, but I think Pro is better for a HTPC.

It's more focused on "what's possible" and the newes technics (for example EVR, or AAC)..

This is what i said; just give it a go. It is very basic but very revolutionary version of the main application. Lets say "innovative"

If you don't use an CI module physically and if you do not need OSD skins (like me), this is just for you.

Edited by ricabullah
  • 1 year later...

Above all please excuse my English level

Hello everyone, I would like initially to thank all the programmers for this fabulous program which is DVBViewer.

My problem is that I do not think of using all the possibilities of my computer with DVBViewer. Here my configuration: Windows XP SP3 Up to date with 3Go, Technotrend S2 3650 and one Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512.

My Nvidia card functions by using the post processor FFDShow, I have an good image but I have only 12 or 13 images per seconds read on the 25 which I must have.

post-66999-1232372555_thumb.png

And when I test the Nvidia post processor, the image is not better.

I have to test other DVB programs with always Nvidia Decoder, like DVBDream or ProgDVB, and with DVBDream I have more than 45 images per seconds and 25 read, therefore a very fluid vidéos but the program is not comparable with DVBViewer.

post-66999-1232372793_thumb.png

Exists there a solution to have better an image with a Nvidia card? Could have to perhaps use the same system of filter as DVBDream?

I do not say that to decrease DVBViewer, it is the best for me!

Hello,

Even if you have a Nvidia card the Nvidia Decoder is not obligatory... I have a Nvidia graphic card since three years and I use others codecs as the FFDShow, the Elecard mpeg2 codec, the Cyberlink codec... have you try to use these kind of codecs? Maybe they work better?

Bless,

Olivier.

Hello,

Even if you have a Nvidia card the Nvidia Decoder is not obligatory... I have a Nvidia graphic card since three years and I use others codecs as the FFDShow, the Elecard mpeg2 codec, the Cyberlink codec... have you try to use these kind of codecs? Maybe they work better?

Bless,

Olivier.

Yes, of course, but i've the same result, i've only 12, 13 frame/sec..

I just test the GE version of DVBViewer and there i've very good picture with framet rate at 46

Can use the same system as that of the GE version?

Can use the same system as that of the GE version?
In this part the difference between DVBViewer Pro and GE is the OSD.

And the DVBViewer Pro OSD is not possible with the way the DVBViewer GE integrates the OSD.

• 4 months later...

Got some similar problems with Vista x64 I only can use EVR render and Orverlay and VMR7. I use mostly Elecard mepg2 codec and FFDShow.

If I use VMR9 in anyway (with the work around or not) DVBViewer will crash. Got C2Q Q9300 4 GB RAM and GT8800 (185.85 drivers) and the DVB box is FireDTV. Any input would be welcome.

support.zip