How to cut H.264 .ts format or encode to mp4+ac3

Arag0rn_

Is there any tool or program which can cut or reencode the dvbs2 stream? I want to cut out the advertising of Pro7 HD.

thanks

Yes. You can Reencode with Cyberlink Power Director or TMPEG MPEG Edito 2.0

Is there any tool or program which can cut or reencode the dvbs2 stream? I want to cut out the advertising of Pro7 HD.

thanks

If your recording is in ts-form, you can cut it with TSplayer.

The cutted ts-file you can demux into raw video + audio (h264 + ac3, say) for example with mplayer. Finally, you can mux the h264 into mp4 my mp4creator (or under some circumstances with mp4box as well). In what comes to ac3, it is not possible to place it in mp4. You'll first have to transcode it into aac. There are lots of tools for doing this (check out the free NeroDigital aac-encoder, for example).

Edited by emmel
  • 3 weeks later...
...every&open source...

MediaCoder ?

ciao

media coder doesn't work with cutting...only converting...

cutting works with TSConvertor 2.0.2 and HDTVPumper Plugin... see also under 'Conversion & Editing' in this forum a thread...

ITALIAN SKYHD h.264 stream

(up to 15 GB .ts)

XMUXER is not freeware but works!!!!!

(with avc plugin)

TSConverter is free and works well

:bye: THE BEST WORK :)

THANKS

no problem :)

I've found out that 2 days ago ;) after searching for weeks for a solution ;)

What am I doing wrong??

- TSConverter doesn't work with my Pro7 HD ts-files, it breaks down when I load a ts-file.

- XMuxer doesn't work, either! I can demux and cut a file, but can't remux nor merge/join afterwards.

Anyone an idea ?

Thanks

Thomas

> - TSConverter doesn't work with my Pro7 HD ts-files, it breaks down when I load a ts-file.

It should work with Pro7 HD ts-files. Did you use TSConverter Version 2.5? It was released a few days ago.

> - TSConverter doesn't work with my Pro7 HD ts-files, it breaks down when I load a ts-file.

It should work with Pro7 HD ts-files. Did you use TSConverter Version 2.5? It was released a few days ago.

Yepp, latest version, and still breaks down....

Yepp, latest version, and still breaks down....

Same here. It actually loads the thing, but seems to be unable to extract the video (writes like 50MB out of several gigs). Any other solution?

Not the same, but problem. I can load and cut files *.ts in the both TSPlayer and TSConverter, BUT, if the part was taken from the file beginning - everything OK, but when it was taken from the middle of big file - I can not play resultng cutted file. TS player showes some times only Audio stream, sometimes both streams, but separately, so in this case I can playback in the TSPlayer only Video or only Audio.

TS player shows some times only Audio stream, sometimes both streams, but separately

Maybe it is necessary to increase the pre-analysis search depth for this HDTV channel. Open TSPlayer.ini with a text editor and insert

MaxPackets=24000

as new line in the [frmPlayer] section. Default is 12000. You may increase this value even more, but it will delay playback start accordingly.

Maybe it is necessary to increase the pre-analysis search depth for this HDTV channel. Open TSPlayer.ini with a text editor and insert

MaxPackets=24000

as new line in the [frmPlayer] section. Default is 12000.

Danke schön! Dass geht gut.

• 1 month later...

The newest Womble MPEG Video Wizard (december update 2006) seems to be able to import, cut and export mp4 or h.264 files. But it claims the mp4 / h.264 capabilities to be used for syncing iPods etc.. You can define an h.264 output format with a resolution of 1920x1080. Unfortunately, audio is limited to AAC, stereo.

You can choose between the file formats .mp4 and .mov

You can also open an h.264 encoded file and save it to an mpeg2 encoded file

Update: unfortunately, it crashes with several h.264 encoded .mov files and it is not able to open h.264 encoded .ts files.

Not a good choice for h.264, sorry

Edited by SnoopyDog
  • 1 month later...

MaxPackets=24000

as new line in the [frmPlayer] section. Default is 12000. You may increase this value even more, but it will delay playback start accordingly.

Sems that this value must be increased to 100000 in certain circumstances for Prosieben HD DVB-S2 transponder .

Depends perhaps on starting point from recorded TS.

Regards, Etienne