Beta update

hackbart

Hi,

i've uploaded a small beta update. The changes are not very important for users outside denmark :)

The complete fixlist (a resumé of the last betas) is:

Version BETA 3.5.0.10 to BETA 3.5.0.24

----------------------

[*]Fix: OSD Preview problems in GDI Skin mode

[*]Fix: Problem with PMT Parsing of some danish cable channels

[*]Fix: DVB-S2 should now work in the DVBServer too

[*]Add: 2 small OSD games

[*]Fix: Images of toolbuttons.

[*]Fix: Pinnacle HDTV fixed (again) DiseqC hopefully finally working...

[*]Change: Improved internal channellogo handling.

[*]Add: Premiere EPG for Premiere Direct portal.

[*]Change: VMR: Added a workaround for buggy Nvidia. Please check DirectX-Options.

[*]Add: Hardware Options: added a delete device button. simply select the device in the list and press delete.

[*]Fix: Hardware: Nova-s plus and other connexant chip based card: diseqC is supported.

[*]Add: EPG: added more informations from the extended descriptions if available.

[*]Add: Recording window: The timerlist in the recording window now has a configurable header. You can show/hide columns via the header popup menu (right click with mouse on header) and you can sort the columns the way you want them (via drag'n'drop). There are also two new columns: Day and Duration. The day from the date field was removed.

[*]Add: Internal Winlirc Plugin: The internal winlirc plugin has now a options page in the option/input/inpputplugins section (select plugin und press options). You can adjust the winlirc host and port there. Normally there are no changes required.

[*]Change: VMR OSD Filter: The VMR OSD Filter has been improved. Now there should be no problems with HDTV channels and not fitting OSD. If you had problems with the VMR OSD try this version. All you people suffering NVidia's wraith, I don't think it will fix nvidia's bugs, but you can try...

[*]Change: Channellist: The channel list now synchronises with the current channel, if the window is open and the channel changed via remote, favourites or keyboard.

[*]Change: OSD-MiniEPG: "No data available" is now displayed if no epg data is available. If you don't want this, simply search for this text in the language file and change it to an empty string.

[*]Add: Vista Menustyle: This is nothing special, but i liked the design while testing the DVBViewer family under the new OS. Just go to Options->General->Appearance

[*]Fix: Skinmode under Vista: Under the latest Release Candidate the old skin engine caused an exception.

- Netstreaming Plugin:

The Netstreaming Plugin is now capeable of streaming the whole transponder. You can activate it in the plugin options. It is not advised to use this for a WLAN (at least it doesn't work with my 54 MBit WLAN). And remember encrypted channels stay encrypted, only the one played back in the DVBViewer will be decrypted via CAM/CI.

Christian

We uploaded a new Beta today:

Version BETA 3.5.0.40

----------------------

[*]Fix: Hardware/FireDTV: Fixed a problem with dvb-c and danish cable introduced in the last beta.

[*]Fix: Scripting: Fixed addrec.vbs not gets called.

[*]Udated: Language: Italiano thanks to Gioxy.

[*]Udated: Language: French thanks to Etienne

[*]Udated: Language: German and English thanks to Lars_MQ :bye:

[*]Add: 4 new games: Sudoku, Xonix, GoMoku, Gravitron

[Fix] some smaller things according to Windows Vista ™

[Fix] Netstreaming Plugin: Now the current netstreaming plugin is in the package.

[updated] EPG-Window:

The EPG window is completely reworked. Now you can sort the columns like in the recorder window by dragging then in the wanted order. If you rightclick a columnheader, you can hide unwanted columns in the popupmenu. Several columns were added and are now sortable.

All pages now have a popup menu with the currently valid actions. The new Copy button and Copy Menu Item copies the selected entry into the clipboard. The Time search and the EPG search have been integrated into the EPG Window and can be activated via the popup menü or via the two toggle buttons in the upper right of the window. The Timesearch works in the What's Now and Timeline window, the Search automatically toggles to the What's Now window to display the results.

The predefined times in the What's now Window formerly directly in the Popupmenu of this page were moved to a submenu. Instead you can now select the predefined times from the OSD-Timeline (noon, afternoon, evening, late evening). To set up this values go to OSD-Menu -> HTPC - Settings - Timeline.

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ

A little remark about the EPG window:

I'll try to publish a little guide for it as soon as my time permits it (tomorrow or the day after).

There are some things not quite finished yet, but most of them are more cosmetic...

Reasonably (means we can integrate it without having to rewrite the thing all over again :bye: ) requests or wishes or suggestions for further improvements are welcome, please post them in the Beta area of this forum, so we can keep track of them.

And no, you don't need to follow the "Please read careful" stuff there :wacko:, but please try to describe exactly what you want and why you think it should be integrated (a "program xyz has/does it" is not enough, gimme a good explanation how everybody would benefit of it ;) ).

Guest Lars_MQ

For all helping and supporting us by doing the translations, I will upload tomorow a list of changes in the lng file (only a few ones mostly relocations).

Thank you for your efforts :bye:

Regarding this pain-in-the-behind bug:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13224

Many users have this problem. Myself included...obviously hehe.

Teletext subtitles are simply not activated when you tune/revisit the channel.

On further inspection in the subtitles sub menu, it tells me that page 667 (or whatever) is selected (checkmark).

Although, I have to manually click on the element in the menu, to actually activate the subs.

DVB-subs does not have this problem.

It seems to me like an easy fix ?

/Gibman

When can you fix the problems with iso. and img. playback yousing deamon tools mounting.

Someone else got the problem??

Sorry for bad english :bye:

Edited by blekarn

Thanks for the update, but it is giving me more problems than 3.5.0 - it is not working anymore with my firedtv :bye: (none of the channels are working now!) though everything still works on my twinhan adapter.

I'm using dvb-c from tdc.

Add: 2 small OSD games

Nice one - thank you :)

Edit: For me, there are 4 new games. Now i see 7 games, the last version i used, had 3 games. :)

Edited by SnoopyDog

A new Update:

Version BETA 3.5.0.50

----------------------

[*]Fix: Teletext Subtitles: Fixed problem of teletext subtitles not automatically enabled. Please check.

[*]Fix: DVD: Fixed problem with false default audio language seleted for dvd-playback.

[*]Fix: WMV Playback: Fixed a bug in wmv-playback.

[*]Fix: Networkdevices: Fixed problem with changing encrypted channels on same transponder.

ATTENTION: For this to work you have to check Has CI in the Networkdevice settings (Options -> Hardware).

[*]Change: EPG-Window: Removed Close button in the search panel.

[*]Fix: GUI-Skin: Fixed Problem when exiting DVBViewer while a recording was ongoing.

[*]Update: Language files: Updated and corrected deutsch and english language files.

[*]Add: Timers: Added a non writing timer (also non database persistant). Simply put "NFW" (in capital letters without quotes) at the very beginning of the timer description. These timers will be handled and executed like normal timers. They are of use for EPG-Updating (together with the taskscheduler plugin).

[*]Change: EPG-Handling: The EPG is no longer collected on the device responsible for the livetv playback. Instead each device now can collect epg data. If you have several devices you can use the nonwriting timers to collect epg-data in he background.

This works for DVB-EPG, ATSC-EPG, MHW, MHWPlus and SFI.

[*]Add: Hardware Options: You can now exclude devices from collecting EPG-Data (example: the dvb-s2 device to lessen cpu load). Per default, EPG-Collection is NOT disabled.

[*]Change: EPG-Window: Several little fixes and improvements for the reworked epg-window.

[*]Fix: DVB-S2: Fixed another problem on tuning DVB-S2 devices.

[*]Fix: 120dpi: some fixed regarding large window-font and the GUI.

[*]Fix: Netstreaming Plugin: Fixed stream whole transponder is not saved to setup.xml.

[*]Fix: WMV Playback was without any sound

Thanks for your excellent work.

Is there a way to select between languages (audio PID) at the same station without going to the "Channel edit" in order to change the audio PID parameters?

Thanks,

Über-great work! Nice to have the subtitles working like they should. It also looks like DVBViewer doesn't crash anymore, when trying to watch some of the encrypted channels.

:bounce:

@Rittberg: You can use the menu or your remote: Press OSD Blue and select the Audiostream under Audiomenu.

I can't see in the menu (3.5.0.41) or in the settings->Audio the possebility to select Audiostream.

I am not using the remote.

Thanks.

Guest Lars_MQ
in the settings->Audio the possebility to select Audiostream.

You do have all the different audio streams in form of channels in the channellist, don't you?

You do have all the different audio streams in form of channels in the channellist, don't you?

No.

If we go to 7E - to the channel Luxe TV (10899.00 V ) , there is Audio PID = 256 fra & 257 eng. in the channellist I can see only the audio PID = 256. If I would like to go to audio PID = 257 , I have to change it manualy.

Thanks.

Edited by Rittberg
Guest Lars_MQ

you do have a "[Channelname] (fra)" and a "[Channelname] (eng)" in your channellist? You need both channels, cause the DVBViewer Channels can have only one Audio PID at a time (don't ask :bounce: ). If both channels are present (they are automatically created on channelscanning), you can use the procedure described above.

The teletext sub fix does nothing for me :bye:

When I goto a previously tuned channel the subtitle menu is defaultet to none.

I still have to do some amount of manual work in order to have subs available.

(And since my doctor has recommended me to steer clear from manual work ... :bounce: )

/Gibman

Guest Lars_MQ
When I goto a previously tuned channel the subtitle menu is defaultet to none.

Strange one reporting working, one reporting not working, we want to vote? :bye:

Or maybe open a thread in the beta section of the forum, giving me more details, cause I lost somehow the overview what's not working where. :bounce:

@Lars_MQ,

Do you mean that I have to create in my "favorites" for the same channel - 2 favorites?

One for English and the second for French?

If you go to the TT application or to MyTheatre application, when going to the channel you can select immediately the audio language.

Thanks,

Guest Lars_MQ

I'm talking about the channellist. Please go: Channellist. Type in the channel you're talking about. Do you see only one or are there more with the naming scheme i said above.

It works, maybe you should do simply a channelscan to get the seemingly missing stuff.

If you go to the TT application or to MyTheatre application, when going to the channel you can select immediately the audio language.

Hmz just don't start it, I really don't have the time and will to defend bad design decision made in the beginning. :bounce:

Guess I was too hasty saying it all works great now :bounce: .... there now is a stuttering problem on certain channels. Looking at the DVBsource it says 'Graph too late (n)' everytime it stutters. This is happening on the Performance and mtv2 channel, maybe some others that I haven't checked. Version 3.5.0 was ok for these channels.

please i strongly recommend to study the way how directshow is working - if stuttering problems appear :bounce:

1. Make sure which decoder you are using.

2. Enable the Audio/Video detection. Even if it takes more time while tuning a channel (0.2-1s more) it solves 99.9% of decoder problems.

Strange thing is, there is no stuttering with the twinhan card on these channels using the new beta, so its a problem for the firedtv together with DVBViewer. btw, the audio/video format detection is turned on.

Strange one reporting working, one reporting not working, we want to vote? ;)

Or maybe open a thread in the beta section of the forum, giving me more details, cause I lost somehow the overview what's not working where. :)

Since there is no new topic in the beta section related to this ... problem :bye: , I give the vote somewhere between working and not working.

I tested yesterday with Canal+ channels, Discovery & Animalplanet (Finland). And yes, all of them had fin subs. I selected for all channels fin sub page and did channel surfing.

Some of the channels kept the sub page selected. For some of the channels the sub selection returned to "none". And for those channels which kept the sub page selected not all of them automaticly showed the subs so had to reselect the page ;)

For some channels subs works ok.

I will test some more and check which channels does what, if needed :bounce:

And this was with lastest beta.

Guest Lars_MQ

Hmm maybe a timing problem. The subpage is set, and it has not arrived yet. Oh my this could get a little hairy :bounce: I'll see how I can solve this...

But first I have to find some teletext subtitles, well at least this is easier with the search in the epg :bye:

Great work, thank you.

Subtitles work perfectly. Interesting that I am also watching Canal+ in Finland and have no problems. I do no have Discovery & Animalplanet, though.

I only have a small tuning problem left with crypted channels. I will post a report to the beta section.

Subtitles:

As long as I switch between Canal+ channels (teletext subtitles on page 599, no DVB subs) everything works fine.

When I shortly switch from (say Canal+Film 2) to a Danish Channel (mixed DVB and teletext (page 399) subs) and back then the bullit on the subtitle menu is removed to none and no subs is displayed.

Other Canal+ channels is not affected.

When I close and restart DVBViewer the bullit for Canal+Film2 is moved to the correct position (599) but still no subs are displayed.

Thank you for dealing with this issue :bounce:

Hi Lars

Now that you are looking into the subtitle stuff, would you consider to automatically switch on teletext subtitles when playing back .ts files recorded by DVBViewer ?

You can easily :bye: retrieve the channel from the filename and/or the the information file.

It's not that important, but would be quite cool, if it is "easy" :bounce::)

Edited by Delphi
[*]Add: Timers: Added a non writing timer (also non database persistant). Simply put "NFW" (in capital letters without quotes) at the very beginning of the timer description. These timers will be handled and executed like normal timers. They are of use for EPG-Updating (together with the taskscheduler plugin).

Can somebody explain to me how I can use this new features for automatic EPG update of all the channels I have in my favorite list ?

Hello dgdg,

its very simple. :)

You make normal Timer, one for every Mux you will have a EPG Update.

And now you give your timers the Description: NFW EPG Update ARD; NFW EPG Update ZDF; NFW EPG Update RTL; NFW EPG Update ProSieben

The Duration for every Timer is sufficiently 2 Minutes.

With two devices you can make 2 timers for the same time, because the channel must not displayed.

For the most german TV Stations you have now EPG in 4 or 5 Minutes. :)

And notice NFW -> NoFileWriting.

:bye:

Ok, and then I repeat this every night.

So far, so good. But what happens, if I have a regular recording at the same time ?

Do this NFW events have a lower priority than regular timer entries ?

Edited by dgdg