EPG

Dvb-tv

1. The epg has start time and duration, can we have the end time added also. Not needed.

2. The epg doesn't send the full programme name title to the pvr screen for recording. It outputs Only part of the name and ends suddenly wit... where as the epg has the full title name. I'm having to keep editing the name to make it full in the pvr window. Or if not enough time later have to search another guide just to fill in the name correctly.

3. EPG details can we have the series and episode numbers included. I know these are available as i see them in another tvguide that uses the same broadcasters epg listings. Bit of a fiddle going back and forth between two guides, just to edit the seies and episode numbering.

4. Timeline on the epg guide how do i get the mouse wheel to scroll the guide left and right instead of up and down. Up and down would better served with a frame slider bar, like web pages have -> How to - Read Below

5. EPG Reminders for series linking of all episodes, can this be made possible. Just so i don't miss programmes or have to keep searching for them.

Edited by Dvb-tv
2. because its easy to have a filename with more than 256 letters if you not take a end pinch.gif

Here is an example:

10-04_BBC_TWO_Two_Pints_Of_Lager and....ts

Not exactly 256 letters this is only 39 letters, a long way of 256.

4. take a click with the mouse wheel

Thanks for that tip, doesn't remeber itself but it works.

5. look for EPGplus

Thanks will try this plug-in.

2. The epg doesn't send the full programme name title to the pvr screen for recording

The "programme name title" field in the EPG standard is limited to 23 chars, so you can't obtain more...

You can see the same behaviour with a top box decoder...

:bye:

The "programme name title" field in the EPG standard is limited to 23 chars, so you can't obtain more...

You can see the same behaviour with a top box decoder...

The EPG has the full title, but it doesn't get passed over to the pvr.

You can change what title the PVR saves by going into Options -> Recorder -> Recordings -> File Naming Scheme.

The default is %date_%time_%station_%event.

If you want to save just the name then change that to %event

Works well here

cheers

...at least here, through Italian MHW, I haven't never seen a event title longer than 23 chars...

...and (tested more than ionce) all 23 chars are correctly passed to PVR in to the field "Description" and consequently in the name of the registered file...

So IMHO the case are 3:

1) the EPG you refer is coming from a different source (not from SAT MHW)

2) the MHW you refer is very different from Italian one

3) you refer to the EPG "Description" and not EPG "Title"...

You can change what title the PVR saves by going into Options -> Recorder -> Recordings -> File Naming Scheme.

The default is %date_%time_%station_%event.

If you want to save just the name then change that to %event

Works well here

cheers

I it has been %date_%station_%event since day one using DVBViewer.

...at least here, through Italian MHW, I haven't never seen a event title longer than 23 chars...

...and (tested more than ionce) all 23 chars are correctly passed to PVR in to the field "Description" and consequently in the name of the registered file...

So IMHO the case are 3:

1) the EPG you refer is coming from a different source (not from SAT MHW)

2) the MHW you refer is very different from Italian one

3) you refer to the EPG "Description" and not EPG "Title"...

:)

UK Digital Terestrial DVB broadcasts