DVBWizard

Hi,

we made a wizard a couple of months ago and i updated this smart tool today. Anyway it needs some polish - especially the help texts. It would be great if some of you might take the time to make suggestions according to the design, the content and the help texts. Right now it is fully functional and solves the most configuration issues a new user might be confrontated with :)

Christian

PS: Yes it is correct that the scanner does not offer so much options to tweak like the one which is in the DVBViewer - it is just to avoid newbie problems...

Perheps, it would be better, when you integrate the wizard in the installation of the DVBViewer resptively where you have the choice over a check box at the end of the installation to start the wizard and so to configure the viewer. So, new users could be better and easier set up your DVBViewer instead of downloading the wizard extra. Furthermore, is the wizard only available in the english or is still there planned something?

Filico :)

Guest Lars_MQ
is the wizard only available in the english or is still there planned something?
make suggestions according to the design, the content and the help texts

There will be multiple languages support (if we find voluntiers to translate). But as long as the text is more or less erm well to put it nice: nonsense :) there is no need to translate it...

when you integrate the wizard in the installation of the DVBViewer resptively where you have the choice over a check box at the end of the installation to start the wizard and so to configure the viewer.

Yes you're right. This will be the way it works most likely, but again, we for now ask for your input how to optimize and make the wizard most useable for beginners and novice users. We are sooo deep in the stuff, we easy might miss one thing or two (or five or ...) :disgust:

I'll try to test the wizard as I have the time to do. Also, I will look what I can do regarding content, design and so on.

But don't except to much! :)

Edit: I think so that you make the english translation or is it absolutely facultative what I translate?

Edited by Filico
Guest Lars_MQ
I think so that you make the english translation or is it absolutely facultative what I translate?

You can also write in german, maybe russian (I think christian speaks it), but it should be a language we do understand enough to translate, but keep it simple, if not for us then think of the beginners und novice users :)

Speaking Russian? Learning this language even 5-7 years in school does not mean you are capable to speak it :) I can read russian texts and i might understand conversations, but i would not say i can speak it :disgust:

Christian

What a great idea with a setup wizard!

I know that several Danish users still stick to the MCE or others, because they find DVBViewer too difficult to setup.

I have started a tread in the Area HTPC section: MCE and Technisat Remotes in OSD.

What about letting the user select a remote in the wizard, which works right out of the box!

(I know this could be a bit tricky with the technisat/winlirc)

You are ofcource wellcome to use the uploaded .remote files (now or when finished).

The user could then control your new OSD right away with the remote!

Well.. just my 2 cent :)

Comments to the wizard:

General: looks great :disgust:

Page 2:

configuartion ---> configuration

I am not sure I understand, the second paragraph :wacko: . Suggestion: Delete it!

EDIT:

Just an Idea:

Give the user the ability to switch back and forth between several configurations of userdefined names.

I myself would find this very usefull when experimenting.

One way this (maybe) could be done is:

Create a subfolder (say Configurations)

Create subfolders to Configurations with the userdefined names for storing the needed data.

ENDEDIT

Last page: hopy ---> hope

Edited by Delphi

A small comment before more comments on the wizard itself.

I think that the wizard should try to find the installation folder itself at classic locations (C:\Program Files\DVBViewer) first in case it is not in the DVBViewer folder. I know that if the wizard is installed with DVBViewer it will be placed in the DVBViewer folder but what if someone the problem will not occur but still this would be good.

This is because I got te messge window telleing me to put it in the DVBViewer folder when i double click on it to try it.

The wizard will be implemented in the DVBViewer - since 95% of the required code is inside and only the wizard formular is missing. The advantage is that it would be translated automaticly while changing the language and you wont have right problems under vista. Right now the new windows is (luckily) saver than all others before which means an program won't no longer be able to mess things up :)

Christian

The wizard will be implemented in the DVBViewer - since 95% of the required code is inside and only the wizard formular is missing. The advantage is that it would be translated automaticly while changing the language and you wont have right problems under vista. Right now the new windows is (luckily) saver than all others before which means an program won't no longer be able to mess things up :bye:

Christian

I fully support the idea of permitting to choose a remote in a Wizard. I am still trying to install the Twinhan Starbox remote after hours of work without success. Or am I missing something, or do I have a wrong version of DVBViewer (the one downloaded as per your instruction (most recent BETA, I believe)

Vazabe