MCE and Technisat Remotes in OSD

Delphi

I want to use DVBViewer as a HTPC, so I want to control as much as possible using a remote control and the OSD.

The remote should only be able to display graphics from OSD.

I have tested 2 remotes: Technisat TTS35AI (winlirc) and MCE (myMCE2005.dll).

Attached are my definition files Technisat.remote and MCE.remote including readme's on how to install.

In general both works very well, but I am not quite satisfied and need some help.

Comments are wellcome.

With a key, I mean a key on the remote.

Technisat:

It seems, that the Prog+/Prog- keys sends the same commands (UP/DOWN) to DVBViewer as UpArrow/DownArrow keys.

Same for Vol-/Vol+ and LEFT/RIGHT.

This means that I can't control the volume when watching teletext. Might seem to be a minor problem, buy my wife hates this. :(;)

I have found another .cf file for the remote here:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/technisat/

Opening the TTS35AI it seems, that an attempt has been made to program the Vol+/Vol- and Prog+/Prog- keys separately, but the lines are ruled out (using #).

I tried to rule them back in again, but with no luck. I am definately not a winlirc expert, so

1) Is it possible to program the Vol/Prog keys on the technisat remote separately?

Best answer ofcourse is if someone could deliver a working .cf file

1a) Should the A/B, HILFE, CHECK and TV/Radio keys be programmed in some specific way?

Any(?) Remote:

I want the number keys and the Prog+/Prog- to control my Favorite channels instead of all channels.

This is easy to do (not done in attached files). I have tried BUT:

2) When watching teletext I the cannot go to a page using number keys. DVBViewer tunes to the channel

(Could be a problem elsewhere in OSD, where number keys are used). Any solution ?

EDIT: A solution is to use the ChannelEditor to rearrange the channellist so that the first channels are identical to the favorites

I could not find an OSD mate for the windowed DVD playback menu. FOUND: Blue

Using the new beta OSD :) and hitting the OK key when a file has opened or playing a DVD displays a miniEPG with DVD playback style buttons :disgust::wacko:

2a) I could not really make this work. I guess it is not implemented yet but could have something to do with question 3). Any Comments?

MCE Remote:

3) What is the best way to program the DVD playback style keys (rew, fwd, replay, skip) ?

When I hit the pc key the computer goes into standby (In BIOS I have S1 and S3). This is great, or....

4) I plan to have the PC turned on and DVBViewer running all the time (but use standby/hibernate) or isn't that a good idea?

5) What happens if a recording is in progress when I hit the pc key ?

6) When running DVBViewer under the MCE OS, some of the keys (Recorded TV, Guide,....) will start the MCE Mediacenter. This is ofcource not wanted.

Does anyone know (Registy hack?) how to prevent this?

7) Does anyone know how to make the green button work in XP Pro/Home?

MCERemote.zip

Technisat.zip

Edited by Delphi
  • 4 weeks later...
I want to use DVBViewer as a HTPC, so I want to control as much as possible using a remote control and the OSD.

The remote should only be able to display graphics from OSD.

I have tested 2 remotes: Technisat TTS35AI (winlirc) and MCE (myMCE2005.dll).

Attached are my definition files Technisat.remote and MCE.remote including readme's on how to install.

In general both works very well, but I am not quite satisfied and need some help.

Comments are wellcome.

With a key, I mean a key on the remote.

Technisat:

It seems, that the Prog+/Prog- keys sends the same commands (UP/DOWN) to DVBViewer as UpArrow/DownArrow keys.

Same for Vol-/Vol+ and LEFT/RIGHT.

This means that I can't control the volume when watching teletext. Might seem to be a minor problem, buy my wife hates this. :D;)

I have found another .cf file for the remote here:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/technisat/

Opening the TTS35AI it seems, that an attempt has been made to program the Vol+/Vol- and Prog+/Prog- keys separately, but the lines are ruled out (using #).

I tried to rule them back in again, but with no luck. I am definately not a winlirc expert, so

1) Is it possible to program the Vol/Prog keys on the technisat remote separately?

Best answer ofcourse is if someone could deliver a working .cf file

1a) Should the A/B, HILFE, CHECK and TV/Radio keys be programmed in some specific way?

Any(?) Remote:

I want the number keys and the Prog+/Prog- to control my Favorite channels instead of all channels.

This is easy to do (not done in attached files). I have tried BUT:

2) When watching teletext I the cannot go to a page using number keys. DVBViewer tunes to the channel

(Could be a problem elsewhere in OSD, where number keys are used). Any solution ?

I could not find an OSD mate for the windowed DVD playback menu.

Using the new beta OSD :bye: and hitting the OK key when a file has opened or playing a DVD displays a miniEPG with DVD playback style buttons ;):jump:

2a) I could not really make this work. I guess it is not implemented yet but could have something to do with question 3). Any Comments?

MCE Remote:

3) What is the best way to program the DVD playback style keys (rew, fwd, replay, skip) ?

When I hit the pc key the computer goes into standby (In BIOS I have S1 and S3). This is great, or....

4) I plan to have the PC turned on and DVBViewer running all the time (but use standby/hibernate) or isn't that a good idea?

5) What happens if a recording is in progress when I hit the pc key ?

6) When running DVBViewer under the MCE OS, some of the keys (Recorded TV, Guide,....) will start the MCE Mediacenter. This is ofcource not wanted.

Does anyone know (Registy hack?) how to prevent this?

7) Does anyone know how to make the green button work in XP Pro/Home?

You have to terminate "ehtray.exe" proccess in order to use green and the other buttons.

My problem is the record button on my MCE 2005 remote has been asigned to "Record video" but it try to change to other channel when it's pussed.

On the other hand, changing between favourites without any trouble is important for me .

I think the remote support in this forum is very poor.. :jump:

• 4 weeks later...

The Technisat TTS35AI supplied with my Skystar2 card has a USB IR controller, not COM port - I cannot get it to work with the supplied Winlirc - any help would be appreciated since I am also attempting to set up an HTPC system based around the Skystsr2 card

@RMAC

I cannot get it to work with the supplied Winlirc

It can't work with WinLIRC since it isn't a serial device...

The USB receiver - once correctly installed - work as keyboard simulation, e.g. pressing a key on the remote correspond to pressing a specific keyboard key (I haven't it, so I don't know witch...)...

So you have to configure it in the keyboard part of DVBViewer Option's...

-_-

• 1 month later...
@RMAC

It can't work with WinLIRC since it isn't a serial device...

The USB receiver - once correctly installed - work as keyboard simulation, e.g. pressing a key on the remote correspond to pressing a specific keyboard key (I haven't it, so I don't know witch...)...

So you have to configure it in the keyboard part of DVBViewer Option's...

:(

I just got a TS USB receiver to replace my serial receiver with the TTS 35 A1 remote. It's supposed to work (spelled out in writing on the package).

It does indeed work as a small keyboard, no drivers, no Winlirc, no nothing, and I can drive DVBViewer. Howevre, mine refuses to translate a couple of remote keys, including POWER, although the key table printed on the back of the package says it should.

First, I'm wondering if it's just my sample or a general problem. Second, I'm wondering if these USB receivers can be re-programmed by users.

I'm now tempted to go buy a different Remote+Receiver but wouldn't want to waste my money on something else with similar quirks. Anybody found the 'perfect' remote + usb receiver?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Probably a solution was already posted in the second post of this very tread: :)

You have to terminate "ehtray.exe" proccess in order to use green and the other buttons.

Have you already tried it?

;)

Edited by Gioxy
  • 1 year later...

It's part of the MCE Remote Plugin...

You can download it in the "Input plugin" section of the Member's area...

:)

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...