I wish...

sinjab

I like DVBViewer, and I wish it to have some more great features.

I wish it to support DiSEqC 1.2. (I have the standerd 4.4 driver. I'm forced to use programs like AltDVB and MyTheatre just to move my dish).

I wish it to support in memory timeshift. (like ProgDVB and MyTheatre).

I wish DVBViewer GE to support DeDynamic filter. (I prefer DVBViewer GE over DVBViewer Pro. It's lighter and faster and have a nice simple osd).

I wish it to put favorites in the same list of channels (like AltDVB).

I wish it to filter channels (like AltDVB).

I wish DVBViewer GE to to sort the list of channels by name, transponder, provider, etc... (like AltDVB).

I wish it to have an easy way to record/view multipe channels (like DVBDream).

Please, make DVBViewer the best DVB program ever.

Thanks,

Khaldoon

I wish DVBViewer GE to support DeDynamic filter.

Try this audio decoder:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm

It provides DRC (dynamic range control) on its property page (view -> filters).

I wish it to have an easy way to record/view multipe channels

The latest GE beta provides Multi-Recording (see members area), and multi-viewing anyway (preview function).

The rest will be looked after in the next years :( Unfortunately I have not much time for GE development, because I'm no professional. I have to do my job and earn money, you know... :P

Try this audio decoder:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm

It provides DRC (dynamic range control) on its property page (view -> filters).

Thanks.

The latest GE beta provides Multi-Recording (see members area), and multi-viewing anyway (preview function).

DVBDream can record/view up to 19 channels simultaneously, not just two (preview function). I have downloaded the beta ver. I can't find the Multi-Recording feature. I'm used to use the video recorder plugin.

The rest will be looked after in the next years :( Unfortunately I have not much time for GE development, because I'm no professional. I have to do my job and earn money, you know... :P

I'm a professional C++/Delphi/DirectShow programmer. Can I help? I also wish to port DVBViewer to Linux. I'm using Kaffeine Player on Linux.

Thanks Griga

Guest Lars_MQ
DVBDream can record/view up to 19 channels simultaneously, not just two (preview function).

DVBViewer Pro (and now the GE also) can record as many channels, as your system can handle. The is no magic just define your timers. In the Pro you can also define a timer with the TSD tag to do a complete transponder record.

I wish it to filter channels (like AltDVB).

I wish DVBViewer GE to to sort the list of channels by name, transponder, provider, etc... (like AltDVB).

All possible in the pro. Take a look at the readme.pdf in the membersarea. :(

DVBViewer Pro (and now the GE also) can record as many channels, as your system can handle. The is no magic just define your timers. In the Pro you can also define a timer with the TSD tag to do a complete transponder record.

Thanks Lars. This is for recording, what about viewing? The preview feature can only view two channels simultaneously.

All possible in the pro. Take a look at the readme.pdf in the membersarea. :(

I don't use Pro because its osd is much more heavier and slower than GE. I use the mouse for osd. I can't use the keyboard nor RC (I have a disability).

Thanks

True, but in the pro you see more than only the first half of the name of 5 channels And I bet it doesn't suffer from a bad channeldata design

..this is probably not the place for a comparison :( , but I'm quite sure that altdvb would win this competion in all aspects. Channel data are much more advanced and contain many more items..

DVBDream can record/view up to 19 channels simultaneously, not just two (preview function).

Even more in GE/Pro. Tune a channel, start recording. Change channel, start recording, Again change channel... etc. On of our testers (hdv) tried 60 recordings simultaneously (radio channels from a single transponder) - it works.

I'd suggest to first explore DVBViewer Pro/GE a bit more, before posting requests - there are many useful features, that may not be obvious to you at first sight, particularly if you are used to other software. Don't expect different software to provide features in the same way. Differences make the world colorful, don't they? If all programmers would do it in the same way, it would be quite boring... and you wouldn't like your girlfriend to say to you "Hey, why don't you look like George Clooney? Can you please change that?" So enjoy different software with different characteristics, and don't bother... :(

So enjoy different software with different characteristics, and don't bother...

I totally agree :P

..there is one point from the list that remains open: DiSEqC !

Alas this not as trivial as it might seem.. afaik altdvb offers this only for the SS2. Imho there`s no future for the this card. No BDA, no CI.. The problem is that M$ has forgotten diseqc for BDA. It takes a lot of testing and help for implementing diseqc for each manufacturer :( ..but I'm sure it will come gradually :)

Hello,

can record/view up to 19 channels simultaneously, not just two (preview function)
record of more as one channel from same mux is no problem with DVBViewer Pro or DVBViewer GE.

And if you will watch more than two programms as the same time use the TS-Player for watching the recorded files while they are write.

So you can watch or hear so many channels are the harddisk or CPU can handle :P

:(

record of more as one channel from same mux is no problem with DVBViewer Pro or DVBViewer GE.

And if you will watch more than two programms as the same time use the TS-Player for watching the recorded files while they are write.

Thanks hdv. I'm aware of these techniques but I have not asked for A WAY to record/view multipe channels. I have asked specifically for AN EASY WAY. In DVBDream two clicks in the main window are enough to record/view multipe channels.

Even more in GE/Pro. Tune a channel, start recording. Change channel, start recording, Again change channel... etc. On of our testers (hdv) tried 60 recordings simultaneously (radio channels from a single transponder) - it works.

Thanks Griga. This is a great new easy feature to record multipe channels in DVBViewer GE. I wish such an easy feature to view multipe channels also.

I'd suggest to first explore DVBViewer Pro/GE a bit more, before posting requests - there are many useful features, that may not be obvious to you at first sight, particularly if you are used to other software. Don't expect different software to provide features in the same way. Differences make the world colorful, don't they? If all programmers would do it in the same way, it would be quite boring... and you wouldn't like your girlfriend to say to you "Hey, why don't you look like George Clooney? Can you please change that?" So enjoy different software with different characteristics, and don't bother... :P

Sorry Griga :( .

Yes, differences make the world colorful. But lacking features in software is not good. It may be impossible to me to look like George Clooney :) . But it's not impossible to make the great DVBViewer better, is it? All I need is some features I see them essential. If DVBViewer supports DiSEqC 1.2 I will never use an alternative.

DVBDream two clicks in the main window are enough to record/view multipe channels.

Ok, if you like the way it is handled in DVBDream, I'd say

1) use DVBDream and don't bother about DVBViewer

2) don't post here. Go to the DVBDream forum (if there is any). They will like to read it.

As far as it concerns me, I say good bye to you and this thread... :(

..there is one point from the list that remains open: DiSEqC !

Alas this not as trivial as it might seem.. afaik altdvb offers this only for the SS2. Imho there`s no future for the this card. No BDA, no CI.. The problem is that M$ has forgotten diseqc for BDA. It takes a lot of testing and help for implementing diseqc for each manufacturer :( ..but I'm sure it will come gradually B)

Yes, again, DiSEqC 1.2 is the most important feature I wish. MyTheatre supports it on several cards. AltDVB supports it on TwinHan also at least.

Yes, SS2 driver is the worst DVB driver I have ever seen. M$ has forgotten diseqc for BDA but open source community has not for LinuxTV :( .

http://www.linuxtv.org/

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Many cards most of them with DiSEqC support:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-S

Unfortunately, I still can't get rid of M$ yet :) . But I trying. Open source will win eventually :P .

Thanks all.

Ok, if you like the way it is handled in DVBDream, I'd say

1) use DVBDream and don't bother about DVBViewer

2) don't post here. Go to the DVBDream forum (if there is any). They will like to read it.

As far as it concerns me, I say good bye to you and this thread... :(

Sorry Griga. I don't want to use DVBDream nor AltDVB. Please don't get me wrong. All I want is a better DVBViewer. DVBViewer has a lot of wonderful features that those alternatives has not. I just want DVBViewer to have some more features. Is this wrong? Sorry again Griga.

Edited by sinjab

I'm sorry, I can't resist it here... have to throw my 2c in here.

Hard to get your point. There are always pros and cons in every approach. With Linux you can whine to /dev/null Or contribute as a dev and resolve your problem. Its a free world.

Sorry.

emmel

Guest Lars_MQ

I think you should setup a nice linux system with you budget cards, vdr and xineout this will keep you busy for some time :(

Yes there are nice things working with linux but as griga said: different apps use different aproaches.

And talking about a "missing" feature is quite arrogant, don't you think? A feature you would like to see integrated is the correct way to describe it, or do you want to say you do speak for ALL DVBViewer Users?

And talking about a "missing" feature is quite arrogant, don't you think?

..well, the 1st line of the topic reads "I like DVBViewer, and I wish it to have some more great features."

Maybe this section should be closed or it should be opened only occasionally when the developers feel like reading wishes :(

I think you should setup a nice linux system with you budget cards, vdr and xineout this will keep you busy for some time :(

Yes there are nice things working with linux but as griga said: different apps use different aproaches.

And talking about a "missing" feature is quite arrogant, don't you think? A feature you would like to see integrated is the correct way to describe it, or do you want to say you do speak for ALL DVBViewer Users?

Thanks emmel, thanks Lars. I have already setup a nice linux system with my SS2 budget cards. This is an arabic article I wrote about it:

http://arabicos.com/html/news.php?extend.36

However, Kaffeine doesn't have all the features DVBViewer has. I can contribute as a dev (as emmel said). But, unfortunately I'm busy. So, I requested some features in the Feature Requests section in the forum of my favorite DVBViewer. And this is what I got as griga said: don't bother about DVBViewer. Well, with this attitude you are motivating me to do so.

About the "missing" DiSEqC 1.2 feature I kindly ask you to start a poll about how many DVBViewer members want their DVBViewer to be able to move their dishs.

Thanks very much,

Khaldoon Sinjab

Jesus, DiSEqC 1.2 is done when it's done. We are working on it, but there are also other things which needs to be done before and to be honest the biggest problem is that the target group for such a feature is not really interested into paying a licence for the software. Which means once we integrated it, the illegal copies will be increasing too.

And concerning the "the skystar2 driver is the worst driver ever" issue: Well it's not - and hell you dont know anything about the fact that some Tuner DO NOT REALLY LIKE MOTOR DISHES. If you use a hacked driver, don't complain that it smoked up your skystar2 card. :(

Jesus, DiSEqC 1.2 is done when it's done. We are working on it, but there are also other things which needs to be done before and to be honest the biggest problem is that the target group for such a feature is not really interested into paying a licence for the software. Which means once we integrated it, the illegal copies will be increasing too.

And concerning the "the skystar2 driver is the worst driver ever" issue: Well it's not - and hell you dont know anything about the fact that some Tuner DO NOT REALLY LIKE MOTOR DISHES. If you use a hacked driver, don't complain that it smoked up your skystar2 card. :(

Thanks hackbart. DiSEqC 1.2 will be great when it's done.

About the illegal copies I can argue that who are used to use illegal software will never use the licenced one if he can't find it illegal. Integrating great features will increase the licenced copies as well. Unfortunately, there is no trial version of DVBViewer Pro. This encourages people to try an illegal copy to see the difference between it and the free version. And after having that illegal copy they will most probably keep it and may never have a licenced one.

About skystar2 driver, it doesn't support hyperthreading, BDA nor CI. And only recently supports DiSEqC 1.2. It's the only driver that has a reset utility. However, my motor dish doesn't have power from the card. It has it's own power supply.

Thanks again.

i know, but this topic is one of those i usually get mad - especially since i receive a lot of email requests about this fact as well as csc and other things. And what me makes more angry about is the fact that obviously a couple of black sheeps sell oem cards with the pro version and several hacked drivers around middle east.

Nevermind, the motor stuff will be done sooner or later.

The skystar driver supports ht since almost one year and bda will come soon, but its a fact that older tuners on the skystar2 are NOT CAPABLE to control a motor without getting serious damaged.

Christian