Temperamental Channel Changes with DVB-S2

Whitey

I have a technotrend S2-3200 and DVBViewer Pro 3.5.0.10 with PowerDVD 7 and pure video.

When viewing H264 HD channels on DVB-S2, channel changing is very temeramental. Sometimes a re-start is required or sometimes changing to DVB-S channel then back again works. H264 HD channels on DVB-S seem to be fine.

While this is not a big problem, it also seems to affect scheduled recordings too. Most of the time they fail to record a file that will play back.

Is there something else I need to do?

Whitey

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using this latest version for a nearly two weeks now and its getting worse! The main problem seems to be with encrypted channels, SD and HD. A few SD channels are fine (even though they take longer to change channel) but a few stutter when viewing live or on recordings with AV disabled. The HD (H264/ac3) channels are worse. Doesn't seem to matter if they are DVB-S or DVB-S2, both suffer. I get between 5 to 10mins of video when viewing live TV before it freezes and large files with no video or audio from recordings most of the time. A FTA HD (H264/ac3) DVB-S channel works fine btw.

These problems seemed to have appeared once I got the DVB-S2 transponders working. Before this, with the same hardware, I had no problems at all.

Thanks

Whitey

• 2 weeks later...

@Whitey, could you attach a fresh support.zip and an export of the dvb-s2 channels that cause problems? I can't help with CI-problems but could you tell which module/smart card you are using?