OpenTV based EPG

BelowSky

I have seen EPG support through MediaHighWay & SiehFern in DVBViewer which (I think) do the same thing as OpenTV. So I'm wondering whether DVBViewer can support OpenTV too.

Anyway, OpenTV is supported by several popular networks (click here to see them) and while googling for a solution, I found a very small source code distributed under the "GNU General Public License" that can receive that service.

I don't know if its even allowed to ask that question, I really don't. But since that I don't know if its allowed, I will wait for your confirmation reply and I will be glad to point you the file.

I have seen EPG support through MediaHighWay & SiehFern in DVBViewer which (I think) do the same thing as OpenTV. So I'm wondering whether DVBViewer can support OpenTV too.

I've been looking for pointers on OpenTV to try and get access to the Sky UK EPG, perhaps initially creating an XMLTV file from it so standard plugins for a variety of applications could be used. Would be grateful for any pointers.

I've been looking for pointers on OpenTV to try and get access to the Sky UK EPG, perhaps initially creating an XMLTV file from it so standard plugins for a variety of applications could be used. Would be grateful for any pointers.

Are you a programmer? cause I am here talking about a code written in "C" programming language and involves some knowledge in Hexadecimal -> String conversion. No XML stuff.

If you find out how to deal with it just let me know.

Edited by BelowSky
Are you a programmer? cause I am here talking about a code written in "C" programming language and involves some knowledge in Hexadecimal -> String conversion. No XML stuff.

If you find out how to deal with it just let me know.

By trade yes, not that I do much hands on coding these days :)

The code and description makes sense, whether I can find the time to turn it into something useable is a different matter.

Hi BelowSky,

I'm supposed to be a programmer (at least that's what I'm getting paid for :) ) so I'd like to see if I could het this going. Can you please give me the pointer as well?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi BelowSky,

I'm supposed to be a programmer (at least that's what I'm getting paid for ;) ) so I'd like to see if I could het this going. Can you please give me the pointer as well?

Thanks!

hello again;

for a C, source pointer with complete opentv epg already made.

follow http://vdr.bluox.org/download/?path=vdr-otv4vdr/

thanks in advance and hope it can help >_<

Happy coding

PS: outof topic subject, is there any sample plugin in delphi with documentation (I start with the sdk but I don't found such a good plugin sample).