HD TV help ?

lthursfield

Have pro version of DVBViewer which works great for standard satellite TV via skystar2 with dish pointed at Astra 28'E and terrestrial digital TV in the UK via a BDA driver and USB tuner.

Attempted to view satellite BBC HD channel in channel list with Cyberlink (ATI) H.264 trial decoder ( after installation appears in options ok and have selected the decoder for HD). However when I try and view the channel I get the following message "cannot render media file , error 0x80004002 (unknown error code)"? All resumes ok when SD channel is selected but HD channels no go.

Have tried updating DVBViewer and DVBViewer filter to latest beta versions but no improvement. Since I'm totally confused by codecs, filters and filter graphs can anyone help?

Gordon

At Cyberlink there is a pretty little tool (free of charge), this explains whether a PC high-density-TV can or why

not:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/support/b....jsp?Source=DEU

At present this one recommends himself for PowerDVD 6 as a video decoder of Cyberlink (better still 7, Trial suffices), the Ac3Filter paints both than an Audi decoder:

http://www.soft-ware.net/multimedia/audio/...licht=AC3Filter

Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Edited by Engelbert
At Cyberlink there is a pretty little tool (free of charge), this explains whether a PC high-density-TV can or why

not:

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/support/b....jsp?Source=DEU

At present this one recommends himself for PowerDVD 6 as a video decoder of Cyberlink (better still 7, Trial suffices), the Ac3Filter paints both than an Audi decoder:

http://www.soft-ware.net/multimedia/audio/...licht=AC3Filter

Please post some more information:

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Hi Engelbert

Thanks for replying, have attached the info u requested. I didn't expect a bug , i just thought it would be something I had neglected to do?

However I have since come across this posting on the "Digital Spy" forum which sounds very similar to my problem :-

"DVBViewer questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now got: Nova-T USB2, PDVD7 May 5th version (as I can't find May 29th version), DVBViewer Pro (latest standard version, d/l'ed today).

Have set DVBViewer to use Cyberlink audio and video codecs rather than the Intervideo ones that come with the Nova-T/WinTV. The choice is one entry for Cyberlink - no choice of MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264; just a generic Cyberlink option.

From links in this thread, I have d/l'ed a sample ITV HD recording (which is a .mpeg file) and a sample BBC HD one that's a .ts file.

Both play fine in MPC after I manually added the Cyberlink H.264 codec.

Problem: Neither play in DVBViewer. I get an error Cannot render mediafile 0x80004002 (Unknown error).

Problem: Trying to tune to any live HD channel gives the same error (except live gives 0x800004003).

What am I missing?

TIA,

Mark"

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Gordon

support.zip

CLDetect_HOME_2006_10_31_19_19_56.html

CLDetect_HOME_2006_10_31_19_20_30.html

(At present) your system isn't HD-live-TV-ready; mine also not.

The Cyberlink PDVD7 video decoder and the AC3Filter aren't registered in the system. The settings in the PRO aren't proper..

Read the Readme.PDF to the PRO.Use the new DVB wizard (Membersarea).

DirectX:

Video decoder: PDVD7

MPEG audio decoder and MPEG AC3 Decode: AC3Filter

Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device.

(At present) your system isn't HD-live-TV-ready; mine also not.

The Cyberlink PDVD7 video decoder and the AC3Filter aren't registered in the system. The settings in the PRO aren't proper..

Read the Readme.PDF to the PRO.Use the new DVB wizard (Membersarea).

DirectX:

Video decoder: PDVD7

MPEG audio decoder and MPEG AC3 Decode: AC3Filter

Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device.

Hi Engelbert

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately the file readme_PRO3.5.pdf is mostly written in German, only a little of which I can understand.

The trial H.264 decoder I installed came from here :-http://www.cyberlink.com/cinema/ati/h264_decoder/enu/index.jsp which I thought would give the best performance with my ATI graphics card.

I also installed a ATI H.264 decoder which came with some ATI avivo conversion software but when I select this in DVBViewer for HD I get an error message saying the decoder requires a serial number?

As far as HD-live-TV readiness of system, at this stage I will settle for a test card from BBC HD channel and a bit of audio.

I will use the trial Cyberlink DVD decoder and the DVBViewer wizard and report back later.

Best wishes,

Gordon ( from Stafford, England, UK )

I will use the trial Cyberlink DVD decoder and the DVBViewer wizard and report back later.

Hi Engelbert

Good news - BBC HD all ok now. :)

I installed the trial version of PowerDVD and freebee K-lite ac3 filter. BBC HD video channel came to life and Dolby digital surround sound excellent.

Framerate is pretty good for the age of the PC. Video and audio slightly out of sync on pro version but GE version almost spot on. Not too big an upgrade needed - maybe some more RAM that's all.

Still confused y DVBViewer presents direct show options when they aren't really available as choices?

Many thanx for the help.

Best wishes,

Gordon

Edited by lthursfield
I installed the trial version of PowerDVD and freebee K-lite ac3 filter. BBC HD video channel came to life and Dolby digital surround sound excellent.

Still confused y DVBViewer presents direct show options when they aren't really available as choices?

For info.

I didn't need the freebee ac3 filter.

Reason for no sound on BBC HD was presence of nero digital audio filter. Everytime this starts in DVBviewerGE it turns off SPDIF pasthru?

Removed freebee ac3 filter and enabled spdif in nero digital filter also has the benefit that it reduces the cpu usage by about 10% on HD channel for some reason. So i may get away without a processor upgrade.

Filter confusion still reigns. Should I tick the DVBViewer boxes in DirectX options, if not why not ... ? Should I add further to the confusion/processing by enabling overlay, vmr7 or vmr9?

Is it helpful to change the desktop resolution? The broadcast is 1440 X 1080 at 25 fps and i'm mapping onto a display resolution of 1280X1024 at 75Hz - is this not ideal or doesn't it matter?

Help.

Gordon

One must individually adjust a part of the much Settings by test and mistake.

One cannot make any concrete suggestions from the distance there.

Hi Engelbert

For info I found a tool called graphedit which has helped me understand a little more about which filters dvbviewerGE is using rather than the ones I thought I had selected. (remote graph)

I needed both Powerdvd and ac3filter. The nero digital audio decoder has a bug and keeps turning off spdif pasthru when you restart dvbviewerGE so i replaced it with ac3filter. I couldn't fit the Cyberlink ati h.264 filter into the graph and concluded it was destined for a more modern ATI graphics card than my 9600xt.

Have increased the ram to 1 gig and now bbc hd is perfectly watchable.

CPU usage averages around 75% so an upgrade would be needed for recording i suspect.

I've kept with DVBViewer filter options and set the video rendering to unchanged for lowest cpu usage.

Back to the bbc hd preview program - excellent.

Best wishes,

Gordon

It is a pity that one cannot recommend the current and complete Manual to the DVBViewer GE to users which don't understand German.

There are many advice and an after-basic knowledge, one documented little also for the PRO this can use well.

Good if it suffice now.

A very good Tool is also TransEdit (Membersarea).

Edited by Engelbert