Twinhan 1030A works but video problems

Benarty

DVBViewer seems to work stable with both FTA as scrambled channels.

Seems cause there is a severe video problem.

Video plays fine until it suddenly skips a few frames so the result looks like a fest playing dia show.µ

The sound keeps playing as it should and it happens both on FTA channels as scrambled channels so it's not cam related. And no disorted video so clean frames while these frames stays synched with the sound that play's normal.

Setup:

MSI MS-9632 945GT Speedster AR mainboard.

Intel mobile pentium T2500 dual core 2Ghz, passive cooled

Fanless 300W PSU from Coba.

1GB DDR ram 667Mhz

On-board video (Intel 945GM)

On-board audio (Realtek ALC 880)

On-board ethernet : Intel 82573E/L 1gbps

300GB samsung spinpoint sata II harddisk

Twinhan DVB-S model 1030A

Matrix Reborn Zcas cam and valid smartcard.

Software:

XP home edition

Cyberling PowerDVD7 deluxe mpeg decoder

WDM drivers for the twinhan which run fine. BDA has problems with the cam.

I've been experimenting with the following:

Enabled hardware acceleration in powerdvd.

Enabled/disabled the use of 1 processor core in DVBViewer

Updated to recent drivers > checked overlay settings of I945GM

Tried overlay (best results), vrm7 (more problems) to vrm9 (most problems)

CPU use drifts around 2-6% when dual core is used according to the task manager.

I have no idea what can cause the framedrops.

Sure not resource or IRQ problems

The I945GM's video quality is not so great but I dount that this controller causes the cullprit.

So: is it perhaps powerDVD while powerDVD7 plays DVD's without any problem?

I've tested also mediaplayer and there also the same problem, choppy video so it's not DVBViewer

related. Mediaportal: extreme slow channel changes so terrible zapping (up to 11 seconds)

The twinhan USB-IR works but wrong key mapping, no idea how to remap

unless with girder but then I would choose a serial approach with winlirc instead.

Does this problem sound familiar and if so, what could be the problem?

About the passive approach:

CPU highest temperature when room is at 20°C is 56°C

Northbridge : 49°C

Southbridge : 41°C

PSU floats around 32°C at top, no idea on the hottest internal temp.

Hot air can easy flow outside the case (hot air rises and top of case has many ventilation holes)

ps: I tested also DVBvieuwer as shell instead of explorer, works with the same problems.

Strange is that standby consumes far more power (44Wh) instead of the normal 4Wh

so it seems that standby needs some more that is included with the explorer shell.

Load PRO-Beta V 3.5.0.50 and install also the DVB filter (pushsource.ax) V 2,8,2 (register!).

Read the Readme.PDF to the PRO.Use the new DVB wizard (Membersarea).

DirectX:

Video decoder: PDVD7

MPEG audio decoder and MPEG AC3 Decode: AC3Filter http://www.soft-ware.net/multimedia/audio/...licht=AC3Filter

Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device.

Perhaps the WDM driver (of CD) is better than the BDA driver?

Edited by Engelbert
Load PRO-Beta V 3.5.0.50 and install also the DVB filter (pushsource.ax) V 2,8,2 (register!).

Read the Readme.PDF to the PRO.Use the new DVB wizard (Membersarea).

DirectX:

Video decoder: PDVD7

MPEG audio decoder and MPEG AC3 Decode: AC3Filter http://www.soft-ware.net/multimedia/audio/...licht=AC3Filter

Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device.

Perhaps the WDM driver (of CD) is better than the BDA driver?

Beta version was not able to tune any channel. DVBwizard found no driver and the beta version

itself could find it but no channel editor , well channel editor screen was emtty so no way to scan there.

But: The re-download of DVBViewer pro was able to show FTA stations without any problems.

The encrypted channels have problems so I guess that it's cam related but the cam acts on the cam menu.

BDA doesn't work at all with the encrypted channels, WDM does at least a few minutes before the screen freezes (DVBViewer freezes also in that case) and if it continues then dia show effect, so frames lost.

The twinhan software runs stable, FTA and encrypted.

That proves that the cam and smartcard are working correctly.

Has DVBViewer known problems with the matrix Reborn Zcas?

updated:

The original twinhan software does not run properly neither, it has short glitches where both audio and video get's lost for half a second but video and audio are retored after that while DVBViewer hangs entirely or looses frames.

Now, if I was sure that the cam is causing the cullprit, ok, replaced immediatly but what if it's the twinhan card or next.

Next test will be with another PSU (400W enermax) and...a geforce 6600 based video card to rule out Intel 945GM related problems but that's all I can do.

Edited by Benarty

Which TwinHan drivers (WDM/BDA) are used, exactly?

Matrix Reborn Zcas ???

DigitalRise (www.TwinHan.at):

"DVB-S PCI Sat CI

Compatible Cams (Conditional Access Module)

Compatible CAM Version

Irdeto 1.06

SECA I & II 1.05

Viaccess 1.0 V481 & V483

AlphaCrypt 1.0

BataCrypt 1.0

Conax 4.0

Cryptoworks 12011

Aston 1.05

Nagravision All

AXAS II+ All

Free-X-TV 2.01

Dragon I & II 2.05 & 2.06

Our new CI cards 1032A (satellite) and 2031 (cable) support also programmable CAM modules like Matrix, Dragon, Joker, XCAM etc. even if there is experimental software on the CAM-Module"

Which TwinHan drivers (WDM/BDA) are used, exactly?

Matrix Reborn Zcas ???

DigitalRise (www.TwinHan.at):

"DVB-S PCI Sat CI

Compatible Cams (Conditional Access Module)

Compatible CAM Version

Irdeto 1.06

SECA I & II 1.05

Viaccess 1.0 V481 & V483

AlphaCrypt 1.0

BataCrypt 1.0

Conax 4.0

Cryptoworks 12011

Aston 1.05

Nagravision All

AXAS II+ All

Free-X-TV 2.01

Dragon I & II 2.05 & 2.06

Our new CI cards 1032A (satellite) and 2031 (cable) support also programmable CAM modules like Matrix, Dragon, Joker, XCAM etc. even if there is experimental software on the CAM-Module"

There is nothing wrong with the cam.

I just found out that, if I record the channel and it locks up or looses frames that the recording is fine, no video stuttering at all.

Now weird: CNN and Euronews: audio sounds like the chipmunks. Wrong sample rate so played too fast , again, if I record the channel then the sound is OK.

So what I know is: there is just a BIG difference between recording and viewing a channel.

The matrix Reborn Zcas uses Viaccess and since all recording goes fine seems to prove that the setup on receiving side...so twinhan+cam/smartcard work perfect. Just viewing live TV is a pita.

The twinhan DVB video driver has version 2.4.1.1

The audio driver same version.

The TwinHan side (Taiwan) points for model 1030:

WDM

Video 2.4.1.1

Audio 2.4.1.0

BDA 1.2.3.8

Have a try at DigitalRise: TwinhanDTV 3.0 build 06-02 N

http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/downloads/index.php action = file & ID = 171?

Twinhan DTV 3.0 etc at digitalrise.biz: the Twinhan DVB-S 1030A is not detected.

If I browse in the drivers section, then I also see no 1030 or 1030A.

I will retry BDA 1.2.3.8 but previous attempt failed so no need to expect much.

Twinhan DTV 3.0 etc at digitalrise.biz: the Twinhan DVB-S 1030A is not detected.

If I browse in the drivers section, then I also see no 1030 or 1030A.

I will retry BDA 1.2.3.8 but previous attempt failed so no need to expect much.

BDA 1.2.3.8 WHQL installed and FTA works and seems stable, meaning, no error after 60 minutes

and that seems to go well.

But: I've lost the encrypted channels.

CAM menu says, cam detected and everything is ok but no video.

If I tune onto an encrypted channel then DVBViewer halts. the menu is not accessible anymore, except the windows menu via rightclick.

The chipmunks audio at euronews and CNN is gone but the focus in our case are the encrypted bouquet cause it contains our local TV stations and we have decided to stay with sattelite instead of digital cable TV.

Is it normal that the cam doesn't work anymore after switching drivers?

Hard and software variants are confused at TwinHan.

CAM works with WDM drivers better.

Much lay once again one now current support.zip?

Yes, indeed, very confusing.

The bda driver 1.2.3.8 runs stable, it has been running several hours without any problem.

But useless cause I pay for a encrypted TV provider so cam support is important.

If I choose a encrypted channel then the cam reports ZCAS: No right to watch this program.

The cam menu within DVBViewer can detect the Matrix Reborn cam even with BDA drivers.

The WDM driver had no problem with the smartcard detection , but useless if video is not stable.

So new support.zip file using the BDA driver 1.2.3.8 and still DVBViewer 3.5.0.1

support.zip

Why not?:

PRO-Beta V 3.5.0.50,

AC3Filter,

!!! Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device.

Can you test another CAM?

Edited by Engelbert
Why not?:

PRO-Beta V 3.5.0.50,

AC3Filter,

!!! Audio Renderer: Default DirectSound Device.

Can you test another CAM?

Okay, now V3.5.0.50 beta running, ac3filter and audi renderer default Directsound source

but I wonder what ac3 and sound have to do with encryptec channels.

Same result: no right to watch this channel.

I've re-registered the smartcard which means that I have to select one of their channels first

and then after re-registerring, it would take maximum one hour to enable the encrypted channels.

But as figured: that doesn't happen.

I always had read on various places that BDA and CI don't work together and was surprised that DVBViewer

could access the cam with BDA drivers.

Testing another cam : no, I would buy a new one IF I would be sure that it's cam related.... but the encrypted channels where available when I used the WDM drivers. hmmm that reminds me, what if the cam causes the video problems.

Okay, the provider says that the Matric cams have a problem but users of the Martic reborn zcas report that they have no problem. I use a ZCAS and have problems. Now, the same provider mentions that their services are receivable with aston V1.07 but not 1.05.

Aston cam's a re rather expensive compared with the matrix for example.

On the other hand: the video problems when using WDM confirm that the reborn cam does do it's work, cause even when there are erratic video problems and even audio problems, then if this material is recorded, then DVBViewer can play the recorded material just fine, so without video/audio problems.

If I could use WDM then i'm sure that the cam works was my conclusion.

Now I will still test WDM drivers with this 3.5.0.50 beta version and see what that gives.

WDM drivers tested under DVBViewer 3.5.0.50 beta:

Same problem: encrypted channels with the usual delay of approx 2 seconds but visible.

But after a few minutes of stable video, poof, video problem, stuttering, no fine mpeg errors but entire frames that are missing, audio plays back correctly except again on euronews and cnn but ok, we don't need those channels.

btw, why there is an option to use 1 cpu?

Enabling /disabling this on my multicore does not change anything, except that taskmanager shows some work on the second core.

Edited by Benarty

I am with my Latin at the end now, too.

DigitalTV is more advisable than AnalogTV for certain, however, causes a heap of problems.

I fortunately don't have so many problems with my TH 2031 + AlphaCrypt Liight.

Whether the newer HW of TH of few problems causes?

I am with my Latin at the end now, too.

DigitalTV is more advisable than AnalogTV for certain, however, causes a heap of problems.

I fortunately don't have so many problems with my TH 2031 + AlphaCrypt Liight.

Whether the newer HW of TH of few problems causes?

I have additional info:

The mediacenter is running 5 and a half hours now, using wdm and FTA channels are stable.

So, it could be that the Matrix Reborn zcas cam has some sort of problems with the twinhan 1030A.

This was my fault abit, I did focus on the encrypted channels , well they contain the regional TV stations also and far less on FTA stations.

Starting infosat messages after DVBViewer appear only with wdm driver, not with bda driver.

Is it possible to turn these off?

About the cam problems:

What would be the best solution:

Replace the twinhan 1030A with another version and keep the matrix reborn cam...so hoping that the orther version would support this cam perfectly...... or .... keep the 1030A and change the cam but the problem is then, which cam? I know that Aston 1.07 has no problems with the provider.

Replacing them both is something that I want to avoid, unless it's really needed.

I have additional info:

The mediacenter is running 5 and a half hours now, using wdm and FTA channels are stable.

So, it could be that the Matrix Reborn zcas cam has some sort of problems with the twinhan 1030A.

This was my fault abit, I did focus on the encrypted channels , well they contain the regional TV stations also and far less on FTA stations.

Starting infosat messages after DVBViewer appear only with wdm driver, not with bda driver.

Is it possible to turn these off?

About the cam problems:

What would be the best solution:

Replace the twinhan 1030A with another version and keep the matrix reborn cam...so hoping that the orther version would support this cam perfectly...... or .... keep the 1030A and change the cam but the problem is then, which cam? I know that Aston 1.07 has no problems with the provider.

Replacing them both is something that I want to avoid, unless it's really needed.

aj, video ismost of the time stable but.... sometimes a short glitch while our nokia 9500 sat receiver has no problems at all. BDA was more stable. Means changing Twinhan 1030A, but as customer it's really hard to determine if other twinhand DVB-S PCI products would perform better so it rather..stay with twinhan or not.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer such questions.

Leave your old CAM for the Nokia Receiver and try/use another one for the TwinHan?

http://www.sat-module.de

The nokia 9500 has built in Irdeto and no ci slot.

That's why I've decided to try out a mediacenter.

About twinhan: CI compatibility is a matter of firmware or drivers.

I'll check out a aston seca 1.07 and second in case of problems, replace the twinhan.

The nokia 9500 has built in Irdeto and no ci slot.

That's why I've decided to try out a mediacenter.

About twinhan: CI compatibility is a matter of firmware or drivers.

I'll check out a aston seca 1.07 and second in case of problems, replace the twinhan.

Problem solved, I've replaced the cam and it works now fluently with BDA drivers, not with WDM drivers.

It's still bit strange that certain channels of the boucquet are not accessible but that is not related to DVBViewer.

The matrix Reborn zcas was slow to zap from channel to channel, the new seca2 cam zaps in less then 1 second

which is a huge improvement compared to the 3 seconds of the reborn.

Problem solved, I've replaced the cam and it works now fluently with BDA drivers, not with WDM drivers.

It's still bit strange that certain channels of the boucquet are not accessible but that is not related to DVBViewer.

The matrix Reborn zcas was slow to zap from channel to channel, the new seca2 cam zaps in less then 1 second

which is a huge improvement compared to the 3 seconds of the reborn.

Weird, the encrypted channels are devided over 3 transponders.

No problems of those of 1 transponder but the rest comes from the two other ones and they seem to have problems. DVBViewer shows that the channels are not locked but still no video or audio.

I've re-registered the smartcard again and it's still too soon to say that it did help but I doubt it.

The matrix Reborn zcas (the one with the video problems) could access all the channels so it's strange that their original seca2 cam is not able to do that.

If it fails then i'll switch back to wdm drivers just as a test that wdm has the same problem ...and I sure hope so or I see no other way to replace the twinhan 1030A.

No problems of those of 1 transponder but the rest comes from the two other ones and they seem to have problems. DVBViewer shows that the channels are not locked but still no video or audio.

I've re-registered the smartcard again and it's still too soon to say that it did help but I doubt it.

The matrix Reborn zcas (the one with the video problems) could access all the channels so it's strange that their original seca2 cam is not able to do that.

If it fails then i'll switch back to wdm drivers just as a test that wdm has the same problem ...and I sure hope so or I see no other way to replace the twinhan 1030A.

The sat provider had problems with the encryption, and all encrypted channels of one transponder could be received by any FTA receiver. So, I was able to tune in with BDA drivers.

But, they have fixed their problems and all channels are encrypted again.

Still no luck, DVBViewer detects seca2 cam and smartcard is also correctly detected but no video or audio.

The problem is: I get no message that the channel is encrypted and not accessible or whatever so have N O CLUE where to locate the problem. One things is clear tho: Problem is sure related with DVBViewer Pro and btw, latest beta doesn't help neither.

Mediaportal reported interrupted stream and I still have to figure out if the dish has moved, so not ciorrectly alligned or the twinhan 1030A which has a bad design.

Dish allignment was good.

A nokia mediamaster 9500s set top box had also no problems with interrupted video.

If DVBViewer seems to hang, then it starts to use more system memory.

Started at around 24500kB moves up to 34000kB.

Mediaportal has appox the same problem, but it restores the video faster and it displays a lost signal warning. I wonder why DVBViewer says nothing in case of reception ,problems, Even the old nokia 9500s pops up a dish icon if the stream get's interrupted. This could happen shortly when tuning onto a new channel but does not happen during viewing.

I've also tested with a videocard, too bad, nvidia chip but okay, a 6600LE. The test uses S-video connection and the result was horrible.

The on-board video controller I945gm is far better if it comes to s-video.

I even could not get the menu on the TV.

I don't have your hardware but I tried to get the essence out of this long thread :( Apparently your are mixing different problems. If you want to get help, it's better to stick to just one problem.

Let's concentrate on the CI problem.

No problems of those of 1 transponder but the rest comes from the two other ones and they seem to have problems.

Well, imho this could be related to the DVBViewer. From what I've seen in this thread you have a subscription for the flemish canaldigitaal provider 006C (seca). I have a subscription for 006A (without the flemish channels).

I can acknowledge that there are problems with the DVBViewer. None of the channels distributed over 3 transponders can be descrambled with my aston v1.05 in the DVBViewer. With the module inserted in a CI_STB (nokia 9600s) all channel of the package are open. Switching from DVBViewer to MyTheatre, channels from one transponder (12344H) are ok the other 2 (12515H, 12574H) remain black.

I can analyse the differences in the PMTs but without knowing what the DVBViewer is sending as CA_PMT it's of not much use. With the smart card together with altdvb and an arrangement I can't talk about zapping between all channels works like charme.

ps.

after closing/reopening MT, all channels worked and to my surprise also in the DVBViewer. Don't ask why, I don't know but if you have another application for your twinhan that supports CI, try it.

I can narrow down the problem now that I know that the sat provider had problems with the encription one one transponder.

1) DVBViewerPro (any version) using WDM drivers can access all encrypted channels from the 3 transponders. But, there are severe video/audio problems going from dropped frames to lost the connection.

2) DVBviewerPro (any version) using BDA drivers can access all FTA

channels but not any encrypted channel, despite that DVBViewer can access the cam and smartcard via the cam menu. If I tune on such channel then the channel menu that appears shortly shows twoo colored square icons on the right, on top green, at bottem yellow.

I do not get a "You have no rights to vieuw this program" error.

3)Twinhan's DTV software works but this is not a solution related as being HTPC.

4) Mediaportal (needs bda drivers) can encrypt all channels (so from the 3 transponders) but here also sudden signal loss or dropped frames

but far less then with DVBviwer using wdm drivers.

Mediaportal reports also signal loss.

Meanwhile, I'll better re-install XP again due to too much testing.

And if someone ha s a SECA2 cam working on any DVB-S or DVB-S2 card, let me know and I'll replace the 1030A, hoping that the replacement will work properly.

Von cm&v Hackbart wurden bereits folgende Karten erfolgreich mit BDA-Treibern getestet:

* Lite-On DVB-T (TT-2105)

* Technisat AirStar Telestick T1

* TechniSat SkyStar 1 CI

* Technotrend Bugdet

* Technotrend TV Stick

* Terratec Cinergy 1200-s

* Toshiba DVB-T Tuner (PX1211E-1TVD)

* Twinhan DVB-S/DVB-T (CI)

This is quoted from the german forum, topic which card does work with DVBViewer.

Twinhan DVB-S/DVB-T (CI) says nothing cause Twinhan has various models and in my case, the 1030A has problems with CI using BDA 1.2.3.8 of latest drivers.

I find the entire german topic a bit rediculous cause not many posters post exact card model, BDA driver version, if the card has ci, which cam is tested (model, encryption ..even firmware)

I've got exactly the same problem with my 1030A.

Mediaportal can access incripted channels with the BDA drivers but looses the videostream.

DVBViewer can only use FTA with the BDA driver.

DVBViewer can access all channels with the WDMdriver but looses the videostream.

Everything you have tried i tried too also without any result.

when i whatch tv with DVBViewer and the video stops i switch channel up and down and i can watch again for a vew minutes.

I'm using a mediaguard cam and have also tried an aston 1.05.

The weirdest thing of all is that i used a happauge nexus-s and watch tv pro with the same problems.

My system:

asus p4b266

asus 6600le

p4 1800

twinhan sat-ci 1030A

I'm totaly hopeless and thinking of stopping with the whole sat-shit and go to digital cable.

I've got exactly the same problem with my 1030A.

Mediaportal can access incripted channels with the BDA drivers but looses the videostream.

DVBViewer can only use FTA with the BDA driver.

DVBViewer can access all channels with the WDMdriver but looses the videostream.

Everything you have tried i tried too also without any result.

when i whatch tv with DVBViewer and the video stops i switch channel up and down and i can watch again for a vew minutes.

I'm using a mediaguard cam and have also tried an aston 1.05.

The weirdest thing of all is that i used a happauge nexus-s and watch tv pro with the same problems.

My system:

asus p4b266

asus 6600le

p4 1800

twinhan sat-ci 1030A

I'm totaly hopeless and thinking of stopping with the whole sat-shit and go to digital cable.

I will receive a new videocard next week.

Not that the roblems are video related but then I will start tests with windows98/2K/XP.

I can test it with Matrix reborn zcas, T-rex cam, original mediaguard cam but under XP,

all three have the same problems.

Under WDM: access to all channel but serious video problems.

Under BDA: video more stable but encrypted channels not available at all.

I have replaced a KNC ONE DVB-S with this twinhan 1030a cause the KNC ONE had IDENTICAL problems.

The problem is: I hate it when customers are debug volunteers cause if the twinhan causes the cullprit, then we have to buy another card and hope, yes hope taht the new card will work. There is absolutely no guarantee.

About the twinhan, I have tested both wdm as bda drivers, whql approved and latest well, everything I could find on twinhans site. The card shows FTA also not so stable (that's one of the reasons to change videocard instead of the on-board intel 945gm). DVBViewer 3.5.0 as latest beta.

Changing dvbs-card: at this point: it's not clear if it's a cam related or dvb-s card related or DVBViewer related. Now that means there are too many things that are not definable at all.

So is this DVBViewer related or not?

Mediaportal has also problems but less, meansing, video still halts for a second but then the video stream continues. Mediaportal reports sometimes at that stage that the stream is lost.

WTF, the nokia 9500S set top box has no problems , but this model has built in irdeto and no CI slot.

Otherwise I would have dumped this computer idea a long time ago.

Too bad, I sold a hauppauge nexus dvb-s CI one year ago. The tests with that card where far better

using hardware decoder and me stupid idiot sold it.

Anyway, this is not funny anymore.

Unfortunately, you are right, this really makes no more fun.

The CI functionality is largely an outrage.

The current one isn't an exception at DVBViewer PRO V 3,5,0,100 there either yet.

In the field of my a little newer CAB card, although there are less problems than at your (older) SAT card.

But my two CAMs (AlphaCrypt Classic + AC Light) cannot be been able to to adjust cleanly either.

There is a little tool 'CI Console.rar' at TwinHan (.com) which shows few more.

Perhaps know this for the newer cards of TechnoTrend (identically constructed at TechniSat) better, if they are then deliverable.

I will receive a new videocard next week.

Not that the roblems are video related but then I will start tests with windows98/2K/XP.

I can test it with Matrix reborn zcas, T-rex cam, original mediaguard cam but under XP,

all three have the same problems.

Under WDM: access to all channel but serious video problems.

Under BDA: video more stable but encrypted channels not available at all.

I have replaced a KNC ONE DVB-S with this twinhan 1030a cause the KNC ONE had IDENTICAL problems.

The problem is: I hate it when customers are debug volunteers cause if the twinhan causes the cullprit, then we have to buy another card and hope, yes hope taht the new card will work. There is absolutely no guarantee.

About the twinhan, I have tested both wdm as bda drivers, whql approved and latest well, everything I could find on twinhans site. The card shows FTA also not so stable (that's one of the reasons to change videocard instead of the on-board intel 945gm). DVBViewer 3.5.0 as latest beta.

Changing dvbs-card: at this point: it's not clear if it's a cam related or dvb-s card related or DVBViewer related. Now that means there are too many things that are not definable at all.

So is this DVBViewer related or not?

Mediaportal has also problems but less, meansing, video still halts for a second but then the video stream continues. Mediaportal reports sometimes at that stage that the stream is lost.

WTF, the nokia 9500S set top box has no problems , but this model has built in irdeto and no CI slot.

Otherwise I would have dumped this computer idea a long time ago.

Too bad, I sold a hauppauge nexus dvb-s CI one year ago. The tests with that card where far better

using hardware decoder and me stupid idiot sold it.

Anyway, this is not funny anymore.

I think the problem is in de seca II.

I've been fooling arround with sattelite for 4 jears now and al the problems came when canal digitaal switched to secam II.

The nexus is a better card i agree but without the BDA support not a lot of fun.

I thought my problems where related to the nexus but as it seems it was not.

I also tried all availeble drivers for the twinhan. Also tried the CI tool from twinhan to try and decrypt the channels when using DVBViewer with BDA drivers.

I don't think it's driver related because the same problems accur when i use mediaportal with the BDA drivers. Stopping of the videostream dousn't accur when i'm watching FTA channels.

Mediaportal shows a screen with the message lost signal.

I'm using TwinhanDTV at the moment. It's not the most slik application but when the videotream stops he automaticaly piks it up again so that i don't have switch channel and back again.

I've been watching TV like that for the past 2 jears now and i'm starting to hate my dish.

As You know recording isn't posseble when you have these problems.

I'm running out of hope and options to solve this problem.

I think the problem is in de seca II.

I've been fooling arround with sattelite for 4 jears now and al the problems came when canal digitaal switched to secam II.

The nexus is a better card i agree but without the BDA support not a lot of fun.

I thought my problems where related to the nexus but as it seems it was not.

I also tried all availeble drivers for the twinhan. Also tried the CI tool from twinhan to try and decrypt the channels when using DVBViewer with BDA drivers.

I don't think it's driver related because the same problems accur when i use mediaportal with the BDA drivers. Stopping of the videostream dousn't accur when i'm watching FTA channels.

Mediaportal shows a screen with the message lost signal.

I'm using TwinhanDTV at the moment. It's not the most slik application but when the videotream stops he automaticaly piks it up again so that i don't have switch channel and back again.

I've been watching TV like that for the past 2 jears now and i'm starting to hate my dish.

As You know recording isn't posseble when you have these problems.

I'm running out of hope and options to solve this problem.

This secaII cam and smartcard have been extra tested on 5 set top boxes with PVR capabilities and none of them have those problems. So don't come and tell that it's a secaII problem.

I was not talking about small problems, huge video defects or signal lost or no encrypted channels at all.

I do follow the DVB scene also both on set top box platform as pc platform and I start to understand what the problem is. The industry is pushing the customers to software cause... hey... computers are fast enough and ok, that's true as long as mpeg2 is invloved. But, There are so many different brands and types based on the Intel386 platform so competition is high and that can lead to products that are too soon released.

The problems is: software:

Windows = software

drivers = software

firmware = software

DVB application = software.

So if a customer has problems, now where in those 4 section could be a problem? Well, in worst case all of them.

Now, with mpeg4 on the doorstep, I do hope that they finally introduce HARDWARE DECODING

again. But, I'm not gonna wait.

So after the final tests, if it ain't working then I'll end the PC approach.

Okay, commercial set top boxes have their limitations and can also have small problems but it's far more easy to complain to ONE company instead of 4 where all 4 put the blaim on each other.

Note: The Matrix reborn Zcas has indeed problems cause it does not support casII that well.

But even a native SECAII , yes the expensive one can not solve the problem.

I'm not a beta tester.

Edited by Benarty
Unfortunately, you are right, this really makes no more fun.

The CI functionality is largely an outrage.

The current one isn't an exception at DVBViewer PRO V 3,5,0,100 there either yet.

In the field of my a little newer CAB card, although there are less problems than at your (older) SAT card.

But my two CAMs (AlphaCrypt Classic + AC Light) cannot be been able to to adjust cleanly either.

There is a little tool 'CI Console.rar' at TwinHan (.com) which shows few more.

Perhaps know this for the newer cards of TechnoTrend (identically constructed at TechniSat) better, if they are then deliverable.

There are various brands and card types and customers may expect that, their products work on hardware side and as mentioned in the previous post, where can we , customers , start to complain?

Okay, your newer card has less problems, so it's a fault of twinhan?

hmm BDA doesn't support CAM and DVBViewer is theoretically able to access the cam (and it does in my case but no video at all) so what's wrong with DVBViewer or both twinhan and DVBViewer?

Bah twinhan, they should know that Windows uses ZIP, XP even has build in ZIP support but no, twinhan puts a rar file on their website.

I think it is a combination of soft- and hardware. I have a Twinhan Cab-CI Mantis and an Alphacrypt Classic. It works reasonably well, but it has awkward issue's that are frustrating, especially considering that it cost me 300 euro vs. the 50 for the old analogue setup. And getting it to work ment I needed to change some settings in the CAM (extract PMT for instance).

If I startup DVBViewer and was previously on an encrypted channel, I either get just a black screen or I see an error-message from the CAM that I don't have rights for the channel, but a second later, video and audio do start. In the first case, I need to change channels first to get video/audio.

If I change a channel, the video and audio always stutter for a few seconds on encrypted channels. The oddity is that if I choose "Rebuild Graph", it does exactly the same. (I would expect different behaviour, e.g. no stuttering).

Last, switching to non-broadcasting channels made the CI-interface stall altogether, needing a reboot to watch encrypted channels again.

Compared to the original Twinhan software (2.6x), DVBViewer is a delight though.

I emailed Twinhan regarding a wide variety of issues (though mostly issues in their own software) but failed to get a reply. And their website spews 403.9 error at me most of the time. Asked Digital Rise if they had some info on Twinhan (they sell their products under their own name, which is quite courageous if you ever used the hardware), but no luck there either. I'm really disappointed :-(

As for DVBViewer, I noticed that in the filter-directory there is file thsource.ax which is quite old (14/9/2005 v2.603), while Twinhan software is now shipped with v2.64 build 3 (3/11/2006)?

I think it is a combination of soft- and hardware. I have a Twinhan Cab-CI Mantis and an Alphacrypt Classic. It works reasonably well, but it has awkward issue's that are frustrating, especially considering that it cost me 300 euro vs. the 50 for the old analogue setup. And getting it to work ment I needed to change some settings in the CAM (extract PMT for instance).

If I startup DVBViewer and was previously on an encrypted channel, I either get just a black screen or I see an error-message from the CAM that I don't have rights for the channel, but a second later, video and audio do start. In the first case, I need to change channels first to get video/audio.

If I change a channel, the video and audio always stutter for a few seconds on encrypted channels. The oddity is that if I choose "Rebuild Graph", it does exactly the same. (I would expect different behaviour, e.g. no stuttering).

Last, switching to non-broadcasting channels made the CI-interface stall altogether, needing a reboot to watch encrypted channels again.

Compared to the original Twinhan software (2.6x), DVBViewer is a delight though.

I emailed Twinhan regarding a wide variety of issues (though mostly issues in their own software) but failed to get a reply. And their website spews 403.9 error at me most of the time. Asked Digital Rise if they had some info on Twinhan (they sell their products under their own name, which is quite courageous if you ever used the hardware), but no luck there either. I'm really disappointed :-(

As for DVBViewer, I noticed that in the filter-directory there is file thsource.ax which is quite old (14/9/2005 v2.603), while Twinhan software is now shipped with v2.64 build 3 (3/11/2006)?

It's normal that zapping within a encrypted bouquet goes slower compared to the FTA channels simply cause time is needed to communicate with the cam and that's acceptable. But if suddenly video halts and start's to loose frames then this is not acceptable. Now, if this is a software issue, great, that can be solved. if this is a hardware issue, bad, cause not much chance to fix hardware problems.

But where to start? Is it a dodgy hardware, or louzy drivers or even DVBViewer. No clue at all.

Now, there is a hardware forum and a list of supported hardware.

What do they call supported? a DVB device should run stable, not for 20 or 30 minutes, but continiously on.

So, 7 hours, 20 hours, it doesn't matter, it has to stay at least stable.

Well look at computers, would companies love it when all their computers caused a BSOD within 20 minutes or so?

I wil also test Welton Way and even if this is freaking expensive , if this would run stable then I would pay those 120 euro's but frankly , I doubt it.

DVBViewer is very nice but useless like this.

Edited by Benarty

The sensivity of the twinhan 1030A tuner is not that bad but not it could be better.

Tomorrow new LNB (the old one was still 0,7dB noise figure), the new one close to 0.2dB

Dish was slightly moved so that could have caused all cullprit.

The nokia mediamaster 9500s had no problems and higher signal amplitude but with the twinhan,

a 1.2m dish should not result in 42% signal strength pointed to high powered transponders as those

of Astra. So, I'm curious if things will improve.