DVB viewer pro refuses to scan DVB s2 chans !

ice coffee

No matter what I do, I cant get the latest Pro beta version (or any pro version) to scan for S2 chans. Viewer GE scans them perfectly but Pro will not even find them, I even copied the TP list from GE and scanned that instead but still no luck, I then modified all the S2 TP's in the 0282.ini file to have "auto" fec and "auto" modulation, and Yes the last digit was set to 1 to indicate an S2 transponder.

Please Help

Edited by ice coffee

DVBViewer Pro Beta unfortunately still (?) expects the modulation to be set to 8PSK for DVB-S2 transponders, even if it is QPSK.

Try it with TransEdit 3.0 (see members area), set the modulation accordingly, and send the scan results directly to DVBViewer Pro (select the channels in the Scanner Window -> Send).

OK I have tried it, once again this program can scan perfectly and can see all the HD chans, however if I try to clink on SEND, I get an error

" Sorry- cannot export since DVBViewer 2.1 (or later) is not present "

I have both the latest Beta pro and GE installed

Edited by ice coffee
DVBViewer Pro Beta unfortunately still (?) expects the modulation to be set to 8PSK for DVB-S2 transponders, even if it is QPSK.

Maybe he should wait for the Technisat Edition version of the DVBViewer that will come with new Technisat HDTV card. :)

? Honestly make sure that your transponder file is correct, because i can assure that the Pro is running fine with the S2 card. Right now Astra hd is running on my machine.

Christian

0192.zip

hm, that must be a joke ;) this ini is outdated and uses wrong modulation parameters. It was mentioned several times by me and Griga how to put it right. Sorry, no use to wait for the hdtv_TE :)

No joke and honestly Who has a S2 device you or me? And as i said it works here with MY settings. :)

Even with a fresh NIT scanned list it works fine, so before posting try to use your brain.

0192.zip

*gg* ..this is hillarious. The NIT-search obviously corrected the modulation parameters but now the Pro won't scan DVB-S2 transponders, which use QSPK :) Why don't you just listen to what @Griga said in this very thread ?

btw. Yes, I do have a DVB-S2 device and can prove you wrong ;)

? Honestly make sure that your transponder file is correct, because i can assure that the Pro is running fine with the S2 card. Right now Astra hd is running on my machine.

Christian

I am confident my TP file is correct, it is 0282.ini I am after anyway !! I have no problem scanning and finding the HD chans on 0192.ini but there are many problem chans on 28.2 east, as pointed out earlier DVBViewer cant find most of the 15 or so HD chans the only 3 it can find are BBC HD, BBC HD test 2 and History HD all with a symbol rate of 27,500 and I think DVB-S not S2,

and TBH BBC-HD is the most CPU demanding HD channel in europe, DVBViewer cant run it properly on my P4 3.6 GHZ (To much CPU overhead) there is only one program that can run it flawlessly even after de-interlacing has been turned on.

Please follow @Griga's advice. There has been a misunderstanding about how the settings should be for the Pro to be able to scan from within the application. I'm quite confident that this will be fixed soon. If you get the channels with your *.ini and transedit, you just have to send or export them to the (latest !) Pro.

Please follow @Griga's advice. There has been a misunderstanding about how the settings should be for the Pro to be able to scan from within the application. I'm quite confident that this will be fixed soon. If you get the channels with your *.ini and transedit, you just have to send or export them to the (latest !) Pro.

Thanks, this helped a lot. Now I can watch Sat.1 HD, Pro Sieben HD, Anixe HD and quite a lot of other H.264 channels! Maybe this should be pinned until its fixed ???

Thanks for all your help guys, using transedit it works. This is a big step forward for me today, I am now able to watch SKY HD (Using a Genuine subscription)

Using what CAM?

Hi,

Just bought a TT-S2 3600, have a dualcore pc.

Main problems:

Latest DVBViewer cannot switch (or the device itself, I dunno) a diseqc switch on my dish (Hotbird13, Astra19, Astra23, Astra28), but the TT software neither can.

Normally I think they should be able to switch between 4 lnb.

Could not find any DVB-S2 channel with the device, found all dvb-s channels. For example LuxHD in H264 is working in dvb-s modulation and the device+ DVBViewer pro works.

So how could I fix the diseqc switching and the DVB-S2 search?

Thanks.

By the way, the TT-S2-3600 works flawlessly without Diseqc switch (there is a diseqc motor, which is not driven, but on Astra19), all HD works with amd 32 bit 3200+ (2,2 GHz) 2*512 400 MHz memory.

Hope Diseqc problem will be fixed soon by Technotrend.

Cheers