Multicast and notebook

Hi

i want connect my skystar with my notebook with a lan because the speed of my cpu desktop is very low and the image video are freezed...

I try with the netstream and is all ok but the image video are the same low because DVBViewer use always the cpu of my pc desktop(server) and not these of my notebook (client)

So i have think, from these i read in the forum, that with the plugin multicast i can solve the problem because this plugin can sending all signal of dvb card and so i can use, with DVBViewer installed into pc client and plugin multicast, the cpu of my notebook and watch good image video...

But with multicast don't work the streaming but only with netstream....why?

The my project of use the cpu of my notebook instead of the my desktop is possible in these mode?

Sorry for my english, i hope that you understand me and my question.....

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hi

i want connect my skystar with my notebook with a lan because the speed of my cpu desktop is very low and the image video are freezed...

I try with the netstream and is all ok but the image video are the same low because DVBViewer use always the cpu of my pc desktop(server) and not these of my notebook (client)

So i have think, from these i read in the forum, that with the plugin multicast i can solve the problem because this plugin can sending all signal of dvb card and so i can use, with DVBViewer installed into pc client and plugin multicast, the cpu of my notebook and watch good image video...

But with multicast don't work the streaming but only with netstream....why?

The my project of use the cpu of my notebook instead of the my desktop is possible in these mode?

Sorry for my english, i hope that you understand me and my question.....

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to prevent your desktop CPU to be used for MPEG/DVB decoding you can :

- use Graph Selector Plugin to disable A/V rendering on desktop PC.

- use Netstream plugin to stream the DVB/MPEG to another client on your Notebook (which does have the CPU power for the A/V rendering) Clients could be DVBViewer itself and VLC ;-)

BR.

Jimmyt.

A simpler and far better way to do what you want (with a near null use of the CPU) is to use DVBServer; is included in DVBViewer PRO: simply configure it once, set it autostart, add a link in Windows automatic start and forget it! :bye:

Using DVBViewer as client on notebook you can do everithing, changing channel, record multiple channel, program recording... all! The only limitation I know you have to make on the main PC is scanning channel (I strong suggest you to use Transedit for this task...)...

:P

Edited by Gioxy