[3.50.0.50] Preview bug

Klaus_1250

When switching to a FTA-channel, DVBViewer Pro gives me the option to Preview two channels: The channel itself (e.g. displaying the same picture twice) or the next channel in line. The latter is in almost all cases a encrypted channel. Choosing to preview it, does not result in previewing the selected (encrypted) channel, but again, the currently tuned channel. So, regardless of which channel I pick, it will always result in displaying the currently tuned FTA-channel twice.

Hardware: Twinhan Cab-CI Mantis + Alphacrypt 3.09

I'm not really sure what you mean. If you declare this as bug:

samwn9.th.jpg

and you want to have that:

sam2vt8.th.jpg

Just click on the left top of the preview to change the channel.

Christian

I'm not really sure what you mean. If you declare this as bug:

samwn9.th.jpg

and you want to have that:

sam2vt8.th.jpg

Just click on the left top of the preview to change the channel.

Christian

But that doesn't change the channel. I can only get the same channel I'm watching. To clarify: I'm tuned into a transponder with 4 channels. One FTA (Nederland 1), 3 encrypted (Nederland 2, Nederland 3, RTL 4). When tuned to Nederland 1 (FTA), the preview menu option allows me to choose Nederland 1 and Nederland 2 as Preview. Nederland 3 and RTL 4 are not listed, yet on the same frequency / transponder. Nevertheless, I can only get Nederland 1 in the Preview window (same channel I'm already watching). Clicking the top-left or right doesn't change the channel (it seems to zap, but, channels to the same channel again). Choosing Nederland 2 directly in the preview window has the same result. Nederland 1 is shown in the preview window.

I'm using Cyberlink 7 as the MPEG2-decoder.

Well this is not a real bug. On dvb-s transmissions you usually have a mixture of different channels and bouqets. For example if you are customer of a paytv broadcaster who runs 3 different types of channels on one multiplex. 1 channel e.g. is free to air and another one is, lets say a preview for the payperview channels and 2 channels are encrypted (in my sample you own a subscription for these two). This means if you tune the preview channel, you get a preview for the fta and these 2 channels you legaly brought. If you now try to preview the ppv channel you see a jerky image. The code we implemented is just to disallow previewing encrypted tv stations in order to get rid of the problem above.

Anyhow we made a workaround, which does tries to preview all channels on the transponder and if a channel is tuned you do now owe a subscription, you will see nothing.

I know my explanation sounds a bit complicated, but simplified it means: Use preview on fta multiplexes, otherwise don't complain if you see garbage.

Christian

PS: I might remove the changes i did today, because i suppose that if you try to decode another encrypted channel while recording you mess up your record.

Imho it is not as complicated as @hackbart has put it :bye: Preview won´t work with scrambled channels for the time being cos multichannel_descrambling needs to be implemented yet.

OK, so, it is more work-in-progress?

Is still confuses me, but as I understand it now: "Preview only works on two FTA-channels on the same transponder", "Preview with one FTA and one scrambled on the same transponder is WIP". I guess preview with two scrambled channels depends on the CAM?

I guess preview with two scrambled channels depends on the CAM?

yes, but also on the implementation in the DVBViewer.

is more work-in-progress?

dunno, if I understood @hackbart correctly, he was fiddling with such a code (or not ? ). The problem with multidecryption is, to add and drop programs without interrupting the others (not nice, if an ongoing recording gets messed up).

Guest Lars_MQ
The problem with multidecryption is...

Only some CAMs support it, some CAMs only support a limited number, only some drivers support it, some drivers may support it but don't document it and each driver uses of course a different way you have to use to get it to work. I could expand the list without problem, so don't expect a solution soon...

That ist a long list. Maybe we should wait until some other application will bring this feature :D

btw. "some CAMs only support a limited number" should read "all CAMs.. "

:bye:

OK, understood, thanks. If you ever need to beta-test/debug the feature, you know where to find me :-) I just read through the Alphacrypt changelog and found:

Multikanalentschlüsselung möglich. Für Kopfstationsbetrieb und für Festplattenreceiver benutzbar. Als Option einstellbar: CA-PMT erzwingen. Es werden bis zu 8 PMTs und insgesamt 14 Komponenten unterstützt, unterbrechungsfreies Hinzufügen und Entfernen von Services wird unterstützt.
Edited by Klaus_1250