Channel Logo's

Klaus_1250

I'm trying to implement some nice logo's in my setup for the tv-stations found on dutch cable, but, have a few issues:

* Size: Seems that DVBViewer currently uses 64x64 png files with transparency. Is there any use of making higer res. logo's (e.g. for high DPI high res displays)?

* Whenever changing channels, there is an OSD-message at the bottom of the screen which shows among others, the channel logo. Some of the channel-logo's are show distorted (stretched) while they are a-ok in the OSD-channellist. Also, because of the transparency, the channel-number shows through them. Is there any option somewhere to correct this?

* Does anyone know of a database with high quality channel logo's with transparent backgrounds? :-) (save's me a lot of work). If found several websites, but they mostly have low quality logo's, jpeg-ones or old outdated one's...

You can use also bigger sized logos, but 64x64 are fine.

If you need to get some icons for private use, try to look at satlogo.com

Christian

Problem with that is that:

* it takes a lot of time

* you can always see the original background color at the edges of the logo (unless you really use agressive settings, which degrade quality)

I do use Pain .Net (3.0 alpha 3), but I'm more keen on vector images and a bit of ImageMagick :-)

• 2 years later...
* Whenever changing channels, there is an OSD-message at the bottom of the screen which shows among others, the channel logo. Some of the channel-logo's are show distorted (stretched) while they are a-ok in the OSD-channellist. Also, because of the transparency, the channel-number shows through them. Is there any option somewhere to correct this?

You have to put the Logo's in ...\DVBViewer\Images\Logos\

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=21378

Thanks for this info! It is a lot nicer with these logos on the OSD meny which show when changing channel. There is a problem however which the OSD guys maybe could fix or maybe threre is a fix for it im not aware of? I have resized a few 4:3 logos to 16:9 and as long as the channel broadcasts in 16:9 aspect ratio the logo stays in shape, but when broadcasting in 4:3 the logos get squeezed. In other word the little logo window differ in size depending on the broadcast aspect ratio. It would be nice if it could have the same size no matter of aspect ratio to avoid these squeezed logos when the window compresses to 4:3 when using DVBViewer Aspect Ratio Auto mode. Inversely conditions apply when using 4:3 logos on 16:9 channels (logos get stretched) of course.

Edited by majstang