AutoUpdate feature

jaky

I think an AutoUpdate feature would be very nice and I think it's not too complicated!?

Just one button in the "Help"-menu that downloads the latest setup.exe, closes DVBViewer and runs the setup (maybe in background-mode) and starts DVBViewer again.

A "New Version"-info-message would be useful too! ;-)

A "New Version"-info-message would be useful too! ;-)
Look at help--> info --> news there it is!

Just one button in the "Help"-menu that downloads the latest setup.exe

The problem is, that some people cracked the viewer and that the reason for login on members area (where you can download the newest viewer).

Yes, but you always have to look there first! :huh: it would be easier if DVBViewer checks automatically if a new version is available. But I think some people wouldn't like it too.

Ahh, okay, yes, I understand the problem! Now it's logical with the members area! :rolleyes:

But I don't understand why some people cracked DVDViewer!!! 15 Euro isn't too much for such a nice program!! ;-)

I think that DVBViewer can check for new version in a "file" eg www.DVBViewer.com/lastversion.txt and if find that there is a new version only pop up a window with an advice like this:

-------------

In the member area is available a new version!

Download Cancel

-------------

The download button will open member section.

Thats all! And this function can be activated in Options (Check for new versions).

damjang

i dont realy like software that call home without my control. And i think these two clicks are not to much.

Guest DAvenger
i dont realy like software that call home without my control. And i think these two clicks are not to much.

Exactly! Many people would not like this :rolleyes:

But ... I think someone can code such AutoUpdate plugin ... :huh:

Don't put in such a feature please, I would hate it.

I also think in this way, but if it is structured like I say we can desactivate this function in the Options... (or in another way: who want this function can activate it in Options)

damjang

Guest Michael

I also think in this way, but if it is structured like I say we can desactivate this function in the Options... (or in another way: who want this function can activate it in Options)

damjang

i would prefer it as plugin like davenger said.... any volunteers ??? :rolleyes:

yes, I think you all are right, the feature must have an disable-button!

but in my opinion it doesn't matter if a program calls home. I had bought all my programs legal, so... ;-)

I would prefer the idea from damjang, that it's a standart-feature from DVBViewer that you can enable in the options! I think it would be a nice feature and good for standard-users!

...maybe adding in the page "help--> info --> news" a simple button to start the check

(and the eventually modem connection), eventually with a warning like «pressing this

button will start your Internet connection...» is more functional; I think DVBViewer

have already plenty of options for a simple user! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest hackbart

Hmm, autoupdate sounds nice - even if davenger would get crazy about the traffic :huh:

After i completed the todo list, i will code smt. similar like this (should not be a problem - since i probably just change the executable :rolleyes:)

Christian