preview and mosaic mode in mpeg4/avc

oleg_s

Hi there!

it seems that preview and mosaic dont work on mpeg4/avc channels (SD quality),

tested on Express AM1 (40E) Ku band - 10982, V, 43200, 7/8

and there is no chance to choose in mosaic option any mpeg4 decoder (only mpeg2 decoders are available).

that's all, folks :bye:

Hi, from your nick and the wish for cyrrlic char. in another thread I guess that your location is more to the east than mine (netherlands) :bye: I tried to get this transponder but no luck though I can see the signal in the spectrum. Could be that the SR is too high or the C/N is not sufficient for this wide band signal with code rate 7/8 ;)

Could you tell a little about your equipment ?

..about the preview graph. I have no idea. There are no mpeg4 transmissions that we can receive and I don't use preview. Imho it's a gimmic people want to have but I don't see the real use :)

ps.

for other readers who don't know what we are talking about :D

http://de.kingofsat.net/sat-eam1.php

thanx fo quick reply .

my location - moscow, russia

equipment: core duo 6700, 2gb ram, nvidea 7900gt, ss2 usb and pci, tt s2 3200 (bda and wdm drivers),

2m motor dish (96E-13E, ku+c-band)

software:winxp sp2,latest beta of DVBViewer, tt media center, progdvb ee.

only with DVBViewer is it possible to watch mpeg4 channels (as SD, and HD) on ss2.

both DVBViewer and tt media center support dvb s2 mpeg4 channels on tt s2 3200

by the way: its strange, but s2 3200 cant lock channels with s/r more than 34000 in dvb qpsk mode (33484 locks , 39999, 43200,44950 - no lock) unfortunally :bye:

my pc can decode up to 7 sd or 2 hd mpeg4 channels at one time, so preview and mosaic for mpeg4 channels are really needed.

s/n from Express AM1 (40E) (http://www.lyngsat.com/eam1.html) Ku band - 10982, V, 43200, 7/8 for my location and equipment is about 8-10db

(93% quality on humax hd2000)

very soon this transponder will be switch to dvb s2 mode with other s/r and fec

thx, very interesting :D ..if you want, you can also respond here (english is fine). It would answer all the questions..

2m in moscow, I can't compete with that :) (120cm at the west coast of holland)

About the high SRs.. ..I'm afraid the new tuners/demodulators are limited in particular in dvb-s2 mode. If they switch to S2 your screen will go black as well ;) The funny thing is that you'll get a lock with the good old SS2. Though the bandwidth is limited (about 42mbps), it still works well in the hardware_filter_mode.

Maybe the preview issue could be answered by @Griga, if he reads this thread :bye:

Maybe the preview issue could be answered by @Griga, if he reads this thread

Well, it's about the DVBViewer Pro preview, isn't it?

All I can say is that the DVBViewer GE Preview does not support H.264/AVC yet. Most users are happy if their PC is powerful enough to play just *one* H.264 channel without jerks/quirks, so I didn't see any need for giving them an opportunity to stress the CPU even more or to cause crashs by attempting to play two H.264 channels simultaneously. Will probably change in future...

Hi, Griga!

"DVBViewer GE Preview does not support H.264/AVC yet" - is with DVBViewer Pro preview the same thing?

btw: i talk about h.264/avc preview for SD quality channels mostly, not HD.

yep, SDTV as can be seen from the kingofsat link :(

ps.

I've red the thread again. Maybe I've misinterpreted something. Oleg, you've wrote that your pc can decode 7 sd_(mpeg4)_channels simultaneously but where does the signal come from? From SS2 ?? You have the usb version, or not ? The bandwidth is limited to the the bandwidth of the usb1 bus and with the humax you can't record..

If there is more than one DVB-S device that is able to receive the H.264 channels, it is possible to watch at least two of them simultaneously resp. create an "as if" preview by using a second DVBViewer installation. See here.

Derrick, about capability decode up to seven sd h.264 channels at one time:

for this experiment i dont use ss2 at all.

configuration for test:

dvb asi output from professional dvb mpeg2 reciever connect to dvb asi ->usb2 convertor (dektec dtu245) and with help of DtTV software (http://dektec.com/Products/DTC-330/index.asp) i can decode of multiple television services in parallel, creating a mosaic

ok, info from russian sat forums:

hardware:

SS1 with high bitrate patch :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TechnoTrend\TTDVBACC]

"highsymbolrates"=dword:00000001

SS2

TT s1401

TT 1400

Acorp & Nextorm

Software:

DVBViewer, altdvb , progdvb ee

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't know that H.264 SD channels exist ;)

French crypted DTT is H264 SD too ...

But FTA DTT is Mpeg2 SD .

This comes from french regulator CSA...

Etienne

Edited by Etienne
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Express AM1 (40.0E) - 10980.00 V - DVB-S - QPSK - 43200 5/6 -changed FEC from 7/8 to 5/6

added hd test service

on my ss2 (120cm dish) signal quality is about 26%-30%

sd and hd picture is ok on DVBViewer

more mpeg4 SD channels:

http://de.kingofsat.net/pos-5W.php

Atlantic Bird 3 (5.0W) - 11609.00 V - DVB-S - QPSK - 6944 1/2

France 3 Grenoble MPEG-4 FTA

Via Stella MPEG-4 FTA

and some channels in via 2.3