Hollywood+/Dxr3 support to see DVBchannel

Simon82

In general forum we're talking about the possibility to use this decoder card to offload the cpu work and take all the other advantages that come with this idea (like the excellent decoding quality of the card). What does Christian think about this thing? I think that SkyStar2 and Dxr3/H+ could became an advanced choise to see DVB channel on pc and on the tv using TV-out of the card.

A dvb card + mpeg2 decoding card.. :rolleyes:

I agree with Simon82 here! My Pentium III 1 GHz is well occupied (50% on some German channels but up to 95% with some others) with performing the MPEG-2 decoding. I have a Dxr3 from the old Creative DVD-blaster days and would be happy to put it back into use. But I'd be even happier if I could move the installation to a slower machine (I'm sure many of us have old PCs which could be usefully dedicated to DVBViewer use).

Ed

I agree with Simon82 here! My Pentium III 1 GHz is well occupied (50% on some German channels but up to 95% with some others) with performing the MPEG-2 decoding. I have a Dxr3 from the old Creative DVD-blaster days and would be happy to put it back into use. But I'd be even happier if I could move the installation to a slower machine (I'm sure many of us have old PCs which could be usefully dedicated to DVBViewer use).

Ed

I think Christian is the only that can help us in this question. :rolleyes:

Guest hackbart

well in the next release there will be the ability to define an own user specific decoder for mpeg decoding (by entering the CLSID).

If there is some Directshow Filter available for the Creative DVD-blaster, there should be no problem to use this one..

Christian

Job done,

at least DVBViewer works with DxR3 or H+.

1) unregister all MPGE2 soft encoders like Ligos, Intervideo etc, and make sure you unregister also the default DvDExpress filter.

2) register the RMMPEG2.AX H+/DxR3 directshow filter

2) to check if all is OK render a MPEG2 media file with GrapHEdit and check that the H+ filter is loaded correctly (you should have only the media file, the hardware render filter, the overlay mixer, and the video renderer), at this point the H+ filter is your default MPEG2 encoder (hardware)

3) run DVBViewer, click Rebuilt Graph.

Performance:

On my poor K6/3 400 Mhz (XP SP1a, DirextX9):

CPU overhead:

FTA : 13%

PPV: 42%

during recording: 55%

image quality: very good

Bugs:

channel switch very slow, DiseQ some times does not works, I do not know if its a problem related to DVBViewer or Marfi's filter using in conjuction with H+

Hope this help.

_MaxCoderz_

where can i get this filter for testings ? And work this filter with my Nvidea Geforce card to?

Job done,

at least DVBViewer works with DxR3 or H+.

1) unregister all MPGE2 soft encoders like Ligos, Intervideo etc, and make sure you unregister also the default DvDExpress filter.

2) register the RMMPEG2.AX H+/DxR3 directshow filter

2) to check if all is OK render a MPEG2 media file with GrapHEdit and check that the H+ filter is loaded correctly (you should have only the media file, the hardware render filter, the overlay mixer, and the video renderer), at this point the H+ filter is your default MPEG2 encoder (hardware)

3) run DVBViewer, click Rebuilt Graph.

Performance:

On my poor K6/3 400 Mhz (XP SP1a, DirextX9):

CPU overhead:

FTA : 13%

PPV: 42%

during recording: 55%

image quality: very good

Bugs:

channel switch very slow, DiseQ some times does not works, I do not know if its a problem related to DVBViewer or Marfi's filter using in conjuction with H+

Hope this help.

_MaxCoderz_

Can you explain me the procedure (in the best and easy way) to do your workaround step by step?

Thank

Guest hackbart

the new version tomorrow will have the ability to add user defined filters (by entering their CLSID)..

By the way, could you post the CLSID of the Filter?

Christian

the new version tomorrow will have the ability to add user defined filters (by entering their CLSID)..

By the way, could you post the CLSID of the Filter?

Christian

Ok.. I don't know his CLSID.. I've to see it! :)

Can you think could it be a good idea, using this card Christian? I think that if the mpeg2 stream is offload by the Hollywood/Dxr3 card a lot of things could born using the rest of the cpu free usage. :)

I don't know his CLSID
look in the registry and search for your *.dll or *.ax

For instance: Elecard mpgdec.ax You find it in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software-->{F50B3F13-19C4-11CF-AA9A-02608C9BABA2}--> InprocServer32

The name of the foulder F50B3F13-19C4-11CF-AA9A-02608C9BABA2 is the CLSID for the elecard decoder.

Make the same for your Hollywood Filter and you get the CLSID!

Again: can i download this filter for testings anywhere and works it wit nvidea ?

Cheers

Steffen

@Klausing

Download it at:

It works whith Nvidia card.

BTW remember: to use this filter you must have installed an Hollywood plus or a Creative DXR3 hardware

encoder card otherwise it cannot work.

_MaxCoderz_

I don't know his CLSID
look in the registry and search for your *.dll or *.ax

For instance: Elecard mpgdec.ax You find it in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software-->{F50B3F13-19C4-11CF-AA9A-02608C9BABA2}--> InprocServer32

The name of the foulder F50B3F13-19C4-11CF-AA9A-02608C9BABA2 is the CLSID for the elecard decoder.

Make the same for your Hollywood Filter and you get the CLSID!

Again: can i download this filter for testings anywhere and works it wit nvidea ?

Cheers

Steffen

I'm not at home now ( :) ) but I'll try this evening. :)

The CLSID of MaxCoders is the same of mine if he got a Hollywood+ card like mine?

The CLSID of MaxCoders is the same of mine if he got a Hollywood+ card like mine?
The CLSID of an Codec is on every system the same!

If you can read german, you can read something here and here.

cheers

Steffen

The CLSID of an Codec is on every system the same!

If you can read german, you can read something here and here.

cheers

Steffen

I can't read german.. :)

If we will use the Hollywood card we'll get a wonderful stream quality. Another question: using it trough RMMPEG2.AX how we can be sure to really use the card and not the software? And we'll get the video trough the video card to the monitor or we will connect the pass-trough cable?

With the new version I can't set the DirectShow filter that I want to set. In Marfi DirectShow I put RealMagic Hollywood+ but when you return to the DVBViewer it's not changed.

i will take a look at it.. Is the setup.ini readonly?

Christian

I can't see it now.. I'm at work.. :)

But is the list of DirectShow filter got automatically by DVBViewer? It take all the registered filter and let you choose what you want? And finally one time you select (ad ex) "Real Magic TV-Out" (hollywood+ tv out), it should apply the changes automatically when you rebuild the graph?

I think it doesn't run with the Hollywood+ because my cpu utilization is always > or = to 30% with my Athlon XP 1800+. :)

• 1 month later...

I've done it!!! I've see it on the Hollywood+ TV-Out and the quality is perfect!! Sorry for no sound.. :angry:

But for MaxCoderz.. have you tried to see it on pc? Have you used the pass trough cable?

• 3 weeks later...
I've done it!!! I've see it on the Hollywood+ TV-Out and the quality is perfect!! Sorry for no sound.. ;)

But for MaxCoderz.. have you tried to see it on pc? Have you used the pass  trough cable?

Up :(

• 2 weeks later...

@Simon82

Simon, to hear sound you should connect the H+ audio output to the SCART adapter audio input (you can find it at a hi-fi shop)!

@Hackbart

More you improve your sofware less is the possibility to work with my H+! B)

What do you exaclty mean with the "Real Magic TV out"? What is the CLSID you

used? Moreover H+ it is not only TV out.

Please, take into account that the H+ does not need an additional Audio Decoder because the rmmpeg2.ax redirect the audio output of the MPEG2 stream directly on

the defaut directsound device.

So the graph should be as in the picture attached. Easy ! Isn't?

@All H+ and SS2 owners

I'm beginning to code an appx to work only with the SS2 in conjuction whit the H+.

My idea is a simple software able to view and record channel.

I'm still thinking about using the Marfy filter or the DVBCore DLL, before start I would be happy to know how many people are interested.

Bye All

_MaxCoderx_

Italy

post-6-1056809962_thumb.jpg

@Simon82

Simon, to hear sound you should connect the H+ audio output to the SCART adapter audio input (you can find it at a hi-fi shop)!

@Hackbart

More you improve your sofware less is the possibility to work with my H+! :lol:

What do you exaclty mean with the "Real Magic TV out"? What is the CLSID you

used? Moreover H+ it is not only TV out.

Please, take into account that the H+ does not need an additional Audio Decoder because the rmmpeg2.ax redirect the audio output of the MPEG2 stream directly on

the defaut directsound device.

So the graph should be as in the picture attached. Easy ! Isn't?

@All H+ and SS2 owners

I'm beginning to code an appx to work only with the SS2 in conjuction whit the H+.

My idea is a simple software able to view and record channel.

I'm still thinking about using the Marfy filter or the DVBCore DLL, before start I would be happy to know how many people are interested.

Bye All

_MaxCoderx_

Italy

Can you send me the filter you've build on the image!!!???!!!! ( fulvio3d@hotmail.com ). I've not found an OVERLAY OUT on my rmmpeg2.ax filter.. in this way answer my question please.. do you see the video WITHOUT the pass trough cable (needed to see DVD video with Hollywood+ original software) on the DVBViewer?????

I think you understand what this could mean... B)

Thank

Simon,

>Can you send me the filter you've build on the image!!!???!!!! -> when I have some spare time, sorry I'm very busy at the moment..

>I've not found an OVERLAY OUT -> You should have it since it's the output

to the video renderer...

>in this way answer my question please.. do you see the video WITHOUT the pass trough cable (needed to see DVD video with Hollywood+ original software) on the DVBViewer????? -> NO you need the cable otherwise you will see the video only

on the tv...

You you want you can write me in italian, I believe both of us could understand

in a better way: drmax21@hotmail.com

_MaxCoderzx_

Simon,

>Can you send me the filter you've build on the image!!!???!!!!  -> when I have some spare time, sorry I'm very busy at the moment..

>I've not found an OVERLAY OUT  -> You should have it since it's the output

to the video renderer...

>in this way answer my question please.. do you see the video WITHOUT the pass trough cable (needed to see DVD video with Hollywood+ original software) on the DVBViewer?????  -> NO you need the cable otherwise you will see the video only

on the tv...

You you want you can write me in italian, I believe both of us could understand

in a better way: drmax21@hotmail.com

_MaxCoderzx_

Thank you.. I've sent you a mail in italian. B)

Guest hackbart

Hi,

the used CLSID for REALmagic TV out is {34EE23E0-71CE-11D3-9643-00400542D89C}

To make sure that the problem wont appear again, i've added some ability to load an own Graph file (skyavc.grf) - similar like the dvd.grf.

Christian

I've found this http://free.pages.at/flo37/html/graphedit.html I think someone that know german can explain us what it say.. 
in this side they write about dvbcore, but the DVBViewr dont use this! But its realy simple. Open graphedit, insert the filters and connect the pins.
i've added some ability to load an own Graph file (skyavc.grf) - similar like the dvd.grf.
Yeah thats realy great news.
Hi,

To make sure that the problem wont appear again, i've added some ability to load an own Graph file (skyavc.grf) - similar like the dvd.grf.

Christian

Great!!! B)

Hi,

Christian

@Hackbart

Where is the feature you mention about ? Where should be placed the custom grf file?

How do I load it?

Plase let me know ASAP!