Time share channel support

Jay Barberio

IMHO the implementation would require only minor changes

Yes, it's possible. Additionally such services, if they are flagged as "Digital Television", should be listed under "Video" in the channellist independently from the video PID. I have to think about how it can be done best...

what is possible within the scope of the DVBViewer

Every now and then we encounter a new surprise concerning the habits of exotic DVB networks, like UK terrestrial or NileSat. -_- It is not within the scope of DVBViewer to anticipate and cover all these DVB interpretations worldwide. Some of them can be handled, but corresponding claims should be excluded by the DVBViewer Pro terms of use, like I did it for DVBViewer GE. People who want it STB-like are better off with a (localized) STB.

Something I've just found:

Astra 19° E, 12515 H. RNN7, a new dutch TV channel. PAT entry, but the PMT stream 0x0844 doesn't exist. Thus the Analyzer displays no PMT PID in the tree view, though it is known. I got it from a PAT hex dump -_-. Flagged as "Digital Video" in the SDT. What shall we do with something like this?

P.S. Video and audio are already there (PID 521 and 100), just the PMT is missing :)

Edited by Griga

Great! a hidden service. Recording the PIDs and the PCR is enough for the TSPlayer :) (tsreader has a more advanced function to define artificial channels by just adding the ESs. A SID and PMT_PID will be created :) )

btw. the channel sounds flemish to me -_-

btw. the channel sounds flemish to me :)

It is Dutch, though, why-of-why did they choose the number 7 in their name -_- Remote Controls only have one 7, not two...

tsreader has a more advanced function to define artificial channels

Like DVBViewer -_- Just take RTL FM from that transponder, edit the PIDs and the name, click add, that's all.

I guess we are not supposed to watch it. Probably it will be encrypted as soon as the PMT is present.

I have just had a good play around with DVBViewer whilst having to do other tasks.

Have just scanned in the last few minutes. Jay is correct it doesn't find the services that are not broadcasting - time shared channels. Neither does it have any EPG data for them, i didn't except any with channels not found. It found one half of timed shared channels only. So it should not be to difficult for DVBViewer to do the same.

Jay the community channel not seen in the channel scan channel off air right now. Yes TSReader sees all these channels but DVBViewer doesn't scan them.

I thought it did add them, must have been right on the timeshare split when i noticed it did add them. Proven to myself today that DVBViewer doesn't add them. Suppose i would have to scan again when they are on-air. Nasty if you were going away holiday or business, then not available to do an update scan. Neither would you be able to schedule tv for time shared channels while away.

TransEdit sees them also, well they are listed its still scanning.

Edited by Dvb-tv