Alternate Audio Track Button

oldspicegirl

If you have the DVBViewer 1.99R1 version... it's already in there!

To make it work, first you have to create a separate entry in the channellist for each audio-pid provided by a channel. For example, a channel "MotorsTV-French" with the AudioPid for French language, "MotorsTV-English" with the AudioPid for English, and so on.

After having done that, switch over to the channel (doesn't matter which language version), and have a look at the Settings-Menu. You'll find a new "Audio" entry there, and in the submenu belonging to it you'll see Channel 1, Channel 2... for audio channel selection. Additionally you may create a shortcut for audio channel switching in Settings/Options/Control.

Cheers

Griga

I think the best way for doing that ist an option for a second audioPID in channellist. If we have this Christian could make a "change audio" button for switching audioPID. On this way we must not make for every language an extra entry in the channellist.

I think the best way for doing that ist an option for a second audioPID in channellist

Difficult... this would imply a new format for the channels.dat, forcing the DVBViewer to handle two different formats in future, the old and the new one.

And what about channels that are broadcasted with three or more different audio PIDs? Nobody knows how many audio PIDs channels will use in future. Precautionary 10 audio PID options in the channel list window??? I don't think that it can be handled in this way.

Griga

Nobody knows how many audio PIDs channels will use in future. Precautionary 10 audio PID options in the channel list window??? I don't think that it can be handled in this way.

Why not? That's exactly how the original TV4PC application handles it. 10 audio pids, 10 video pids, 10 data pids and for every pid an optional ecm pid.

Guest hackbart

well, when i started coding the DVBViewer, i was a totally newbie in dvb :) This means i made a few "funny" mistakes which are at the current state really annoying, e.g. DiSEqC for every Channel (normally i only need this for a Satellite).

Also multiple audio and video pids are handled quite stupid - luckily only a couple of channels (Arte, Moteurs,Pro7) are using different Pids, so the list wont get that much confuse (luckily i made some tree with subtrees to avoid the evil search process).

XML based playlists etc, might come in one of those new major releases, but the next step is to complete the OSD System i started working on since wednesday...

Also some skinengine sounds nice, but both of them i brought (Almdev's Businessskinform and KSDev's Skinengine) are not that flexible i wanted to have...

Christian

I hope YOU will not paint the graphics

Well, I've already seen a pre-release design study... all that peppermint pink and green with Christians favourite Disney font... lovely! He's really giving his heart to it :)

Griga

@DAvenger: I shouldn't have made that joke :) (see my previous posting)... the OSD is OK, but the OSD Preview in the options (transparent and half transparent mode) is pink all over now, all styles... and that's no joke, dear me!

I don't know wether Christian will fix it... to me it looks like a little revenge. We have to be more carefull with him, he's so sensitive :)

Griga

Guest DAvenger

:)

I quite like it ... but it will definitely look better drawn into the video .... hmm, I guess we all should SPAM RadScorpion, either via Email or PM :)

Guest Michael
:)

I quite like it ... but it will definitely look better drawn into the video .... hmm, I guess we all should SPAM RadScorpion, either via Email or PM  :)

or maybe postal letters ?

Ok Ok... I will work :) .... please don't hurt me...... my hands are full of splinters :)

Unfortunately I'm out of time. The school semester should end in 4 weeks so I will finish the

filter for alphablended osd and rewrite XVR once again to be more stable....

P.S. : right.... if you have some nice cars & --------------- to send you can spam me as much as you like :(

Guest Michael
Ok Ok... I will work :) .... please don't hurt me...... my hands are full of splinters :(

Unfortunately I'm out of time. The school semester should end in 4 weeks so I will finish the

filter for alphablended osd and rewrite XVR once again to be more stable....

P.S. : right.... if you have some nice cars & --------------- to send you can spam me as much as you like ;)

hehe.... they whould only distract you from working.... so.... :)