XVR-renderer?

damjang

Yes, I would like to see an enhanced version too.

The current release of the XVR Renderer shows one major advantage: On my Computer (WinXP, GForce MX440) it displays TV much smoother than the M$ overlay mixer/ video renderer.

But there are still some drawbacks:

- It doesn't work with Marfis Renderer

- Sometimes parts of the picture appear horizontally misaligned for a short moment, particularly in "full motion" sequences (when the camera is moving from left to right, for example)

- Sometimes switching to full screen mode doesn't work correctly: The screen gets black, but the unresized picture only occupies the upper left quarter. After switching to a channel with a different resolution it usually works again.

- XVR easily gets "out of tune" after fast channel switching.

Without these drawbacks XVR really would be a great thing... and I really would like to give that overlay mixer a final kick. So I hope that Igor will polish it up soon...

Griga

XVR works fine with Marfi's Source for me

Hm, I checked it again... you're right, it does, but only with the Mediamatics decoder, I had it unregistered for some time. Here are the results in detail:

Marfi's Renderer -> Mediamatics -> XVR: OK

Marfi's Renderer -> Elecard -> XVR: Black Screen

Marfi's Renderer -> InterVideo -> XVR: Only artistic artefacts, very nice :rolleyes:

Marfi's Renderer -> Mediamatics -> Overlay Mixer: OK

Marfi's Renderer -> Elecard -> Overlay Mixer: OK, but 480x576 resolution not displayed correctly as 4:3

Marfi's Renderer -> Intervideo -> Overlay Mixer: OK

SkyStar 4.2 -> Mediamatics -> XVR/Overlay Mixer: OK

SkyStar 4.2 -> Elecard -> XVR/Overlay Mixer: OK, additionally needs FFDShow for correct 480x576 display

SkyStar 4.2 -> InterVideo -> XVR/Overlay Mixer: Doesn't work in both cases

I suspect that the "upper left corner" problem is a bug in DVBViewer and/or Marfi's Source filter

May be... but oviously not in Marfi's Filter, because it happens with the SkyStar 4.2 source as well. Christian should check this... I will try to find out under which circumstances it occurs, so I can send him a clear bug report.

Griga

I tried to check that "XVR upper left corner bug" again, but now, as I want to get it, it won't occur again... (*sigh*) that's how it always goes :)

The fast channel switching problem definitely occurs when the resolution is changing, for example from 720x576 to 704x576.... resulting in very nice color patterns on the screen :) It looks like the XVR needs a rebuilt graph to change to a different resolution without problems.

Griga

Guest Michael
I tried to check that "XVR upper left corner bug" again, but now, as I want to get it, it won't occur again... (*sigh*) that's how it always goes  :)

The fast channel switching problem definitely occurs when the resolution is changing, for example from 720x576 to 704x576.... resulting in very nice color patterns on the screen  :)  It looks like the XVR needs a rebuilt graph to change to a different resolution without problems.

Griga

XVR won't work on X-Zone at all :( and some others....