Technotrend Remote input plugin

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

The new TT Remote Inputplugin can be found in the Membersarea -> Beta section.

This Plugin enables you to use the remote controls of Technotrend cards directly with the DVBViewer Pro.

Installation:

- Extract the archive into the DVBViewer Pro plugin folder.

- Start DVBViewer und choose options -> Input -> Input Plugins

- You should see the "Technotrend remote" plugin in the plugin list.

- Activate it by checking the box in front of the plugin name.

- Select settings (button on the lower right). This shows the settings dialog of the plugin.

- In this dialog select the device you want to use. Leave the dialog by pressing OK.

- Now you can learn the remote keys in the "Input" section of the DVBViewer options.

Thanks to the forum users Dreamer-FLT and azeman for testing.

Have fun

Deutscher Thread

Suppose you have done that using the TT-API.

Does anybody know whether there is an API to access and control the eMPIA EM2870's (as can be found on many DVB-T USB Sticks like the Cinergy T USB XS, Pinnacle PCTV USB DVB-T, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-900) infrared sensor?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm,

I'm using the Technotrend S2400 (USB2 Sat receiver).

I can't get the built-in remote control receiver to work.

Anyone any success with using the Technotrend Remote Controller with DVBViewer with the S2400 or maybe even the S3600 (Same look-alike HDTV version)?

Regards,

Erik.

Yes it is (Version 1.0.0.5)

The plugin could be found "technotrend remote" but the device is found as 'unknown'. I am not able to learn any commands, but the remote is working (TT BDA Application).

The plugin could be found "technotrend remote" but the device is found as 'unknown'. I am not able to learn any commands, but the remote is working (TT BDA Application).

hi,

This is my problem......I use s2-3600, and can not success to work whit The remote.

regards.

Nachmany

• 2 weeks later...

I have dropped that tt-remote file into the plugin folder, activated tt-remote plugin in hardware section of DVBViewer and chose the TT 3200 device. But the is nothing appearing under the plugin section.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Great plugin, thanks!

A bit offtopic but:

Would there by any change be away to use TT IR-receiver with another remote control with more buttons?

There's not that many in the original remote. So if there would be a way to map the receiver to winlirc or so..

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. Device unknown, not listed in the Input (learn table), no way to make it work.

TT S3600 USB here.

<_<

The new TT Remote Inputplugin can be found in the Membersarea -> Beta section.

Any news about make the plugin working with the TT S2-3600 or in general with USB version?

Thanks, best regards.

Any news about make the plugin working with the TT S2-3600 or in general with USB version?

Nope. I'll have to ask technotrend for an update of the sdk. This may take some time...

OK, stupid me. Let's try it this way:

Please start DVBViewer with the -debug commandline. Go Options -> Input - Inputplugins and open then optionspage for the TTRemote plugin. Then close the DVBViewer.

There should be a debug.log in the userdata folder (Menu -> Info -> About -> Versionsinfo click the blue text). Please post the debug.log (zipped) here. The plugin does some extensive logging, maybe I can find a way to solve the problem with this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now I got the new SDK. I made a testprogram (see attached). Simply extract it somewhere (but NOT into the DVBViewer folder!). The zip contains the testprogram and the new dll from technotrend.

Press start and then options. Hopefully the TT-2400 and the TT-3600 will now be listed there too. Even if not, please save the log (it's simply written into the folder where the program is) and post it zipped here.

Users of other TT Cards should test it too, just to check if it's still working. ;)

thanks

lars

ttremotetest.zip

Hey Guys,

I' have the Hauppauge Nova-S, which is the same as TT budget...

I downloaded the testprogram and startet it but when i press any key of thr remote, the programm crashes and tires to debug.

But anyway, this is the first time any program responses to the remote ;)

S-2400 USB looks excellent !!

Immediately recognised, pushed the power off button and the code flies into the window...

Regards,

Erik.

ttremote.log

I downloaded the testprogram and startet it but when i press any key of thr remote, the programm crashes...

Me too, i forgot to press any key on the remote this morning. ;)

The detection itself went fine as i wrote.

For me it also crashes, but only with latest TT-budget beta driver 5.0.0.2. So probably he is also using those...

With the plugin in DVBViewer, it simply does not work when using those beta drivers, but does not crash.

Guess a new API-DLL will be required. But let's wait until those drivers become official.

it crashes on keypress? imediatly or after some time?

Immediately. But it was my mistake.

I forgot the second running instance of miniminzed DVBViewer Pro recording an channel with closed graph.

If there is nothing parallel using the remote dll, then the tool is working and logging the pressed keys .

Sorry again, for making confusions. I think this was not my day. ;)

used driver: 4.4.10.17

Well, this is getting quite confusing.

Let's sum it up:

The S-2400 seems to work

The S-3200 seems 3 to 1 for working ;)

Anybody with a S-3600?

If there is nothing parallel using the remote dll, then the tool is working and logging the pressed keys .

You are right. Seems I also had an instance of DVBViewer running when having done the test.

This new test version now works with TT-budget beta driver 5.0.0.2 (using S2-3200)! DVBViewer with tt-remote plugin doesn't.

Edited by CiNcH

Okay i also had an instance of DVBViewer open... Now it also works for me with Hauppauge Nova-S

How long does it take for you to make a plugin update?

Thanks right now!!!

The update for the TTRemote Inputplugin 1.1 is in the betasection of the members area.

There are no new functions included, but a newer library from Technotrend. This enables users of The 2400 and 3600 to use the plugin also (and user of some Hauppauge cards).

The installation is simple:

Shutdown DVBViewer, extract the zip file with subfolders into the DVBViewer Pro folder. Everything else is describe in the first Post of this thread or in the readme included with the Plugin.

Thank you !!!

The plugin is now working perfectly with my S2400 !

Now i have the perfect holiday companion for my familiy ;-)

Regards,

Erik.

Wow, thank you very much. Was hoping for that plugin to get updated :bye: Works fine with TT-S2-3600 USB. (First program I know that works with its remote.)

It works great. Is it possible to made program that will be compatible with winlirc? It would be nice to use the remote control with other software like winamp.

Edited by lizak