Radlight Filter Manager 1.4

Can anyone suggest what conditions generate this error message? I've only just begun to experiment with changing values and I'm getting this message every time with certain video filters (compression and capture, so far). Result:- zero progress (very frustrating when one doesn't have a clue what to do about it!).

Thanks.

Writing the merit requires write access to the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). I get this message when I try to change the merit in an user account with limited access rights. Make sure that you are logged in as admin, and the app is running with admin rights (-> Windows Vista).

Writing the merit requires write access to the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). I get this message when I try to change the merit in an user account with limited access rights. Make sure that you are logged in as admin, and the app is running with admin rights (-> Windows Vista).
Hi Griga

I'm running XP Home, and I'm logged-in as Administrator. The thing is, I tried changing the merit of another filter picked at random (to see if the error-message was filter-dependent or not). It isn't:- I was able to change the value of that other filter without any problem - and to restore its former value. So access rights doesn't seem to be the explanation. Any other thoughts?

Dunno. Windows reports an error when the app tries to write the new registry value. That's all I can say.

- Check whether the filter in question has a valid CLSID (characters 0..9, A..F and - in curly brackets, nothing else).

- Check the following registry entry with RegEdit:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\[CLSID of the filter]\FilterData

That's the one the filter manager accesses. Maybe it's corrupted somehow. Re-registering the filter may help.