Will this work with Hauppauge HVR-4000?

nomis1804

Hi, just wanted to know if this program will work with my new Hauppauge HVR-4000. If so i'll buy now as I want to cap jools holland tonight :D

will work, but without dvb-s2 support today -> dvb-s & dvb-t will work

Thanks for the reply. I actually only wanted to watch dvb-s2. Do you know when it will be supported?

no idea, there is currently a thread in the german forum about this card -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...mp;#entry118394

the hauppauge support knows the problems in dvb-s2 mode, you cant even watch hdtv nor sdtv on a dvb-s2 transponder with the bundled software (powercinema). there will be a patch within the next weeks, hopefully this will help.

so at the moment the hvr-4000 DONT support dvb-s2, neither with DVBViewer nor powercinema

we dont know if its a driverproblem or a problem within the powercinema software, so we cant say that the patch will also help DVBViewer to tune on dvb-s2 tranponders

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Hauppauge support as I cannot pick up any DVB-S2 channels either. It won't even detect any of the SKY HD channels on 28,2E at all. Elton emailed me back stating I won't be able to detect these channels due to the way they're broadcast???? Wouldn't give a proper answer as to exactly why. I wan't too impressed. :bounce:

Anyway, since installing my new motorised dish last night I can't get any of the s2 channels on 19,2E either. The DVB-S HD channels work great e.g. Astra HD. There is defintely something wrong with this card or its drivers. Elton never mentioned a patch or any known problem with the card. Is there definitely a patch on the way, anyone?

As karlchen1 reported in another thread, dvb-s2 works with a manual scan in PowerCinema:

Transponder: 12722

Symbol rate: 22000

Fec Rate: Auto

then on next screen:

Modulation: 8PSK

Pilot: ON

Roll-Off: 0,35

and search...

Transedit doesn't find the channels with these settings - at least the current version.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought this card, and I can confirm that dvb-s2 indeed works with PowerCinema with manual scan. I didn't even try full scan.

DVBViewer doesn't seem to support S2 in the version I have, S1 HD channels work ok.

• 2 months later...

Any updates on this card..? I know it's discussed in the german forum but I'm better at Swedish..and English.. :bounce:

So, does it work with DVBViewer..? In all modes, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-T..??

Planning on buying this..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Do you have a Quattro LNB, connected with four cables to a switch?

Hello,

I have a similar problem

I have an universal LNB (1 way) splitted with a 'switch' (1 out, 2 in) to connect two DVB cards (I don't use them at the same time of course)

My old DVB-S card (the one with the hardware decoder) works fine, but with my new Hauppauge HVR 4000, i can't scan channels after the LOF=11700

Perhaps the card can't switch to 22KHz ???

Is the switch the problem ??? (it works with my old DVB-S card)

or a problem with my new card ???

Do someone had the same problem ?

-edit-

To be sure I've removed the switch !

The HVR-4000 is now connected directly to the LNB, but the problem remains :)

After several attempts, only the tp 12597H (Hotbird) can be scanned (and of course all the others <11700)

I've tried with Mytheater: tp are scanned up to 11958V (after: no signal)

any idea ?

Edited by mki2268
  • 1 month later...

DVBViewer doesnt scan High Band with HVR-4000, confirmed.

Is there a remedy?

Hello,

I have a similar problem

I have an universal LNB (1 way) splitted with a 'switch' (1 out, 2 in) to connect two DVB cards (I don't use them at the same time of course)

My old DVB-S card (the one with the hardware decoder) works fine, but with my new Hauppauge HVR 4000, i can't scan channels after the LOF=11700

Perhaps the card can't switch to 22KHz ???

Is the switch the problem ??? (it works with my old DVB-S card)

or a problem with my new card ???

Do someone had the same problem ?

-edit-

To be sure I've removed the switch !

The HVR-4000 is now connected directly to the LNB, but the problem remains ;)

After several attempts, only the tp 12597H (Hotbird) can be scanned (and of course all the others <11700)

I've tried with Mytheater: tp are scanned up to 11958V (after: no signal)

any idea ?

DVBViewer doesnt scan High Band with HVR-4000, confirmed.

Is there a remedy?

In fact, I have talked with mki on an french forum, his LNB (very old : 10 years, maybe TPS gift) worked with nexus but not with the HVR, it have tested his card with another recent LNB and it worked.

At last news it change his old LNB by one monobloc twin, but it have 32 m cable.

Edited by Dadag