Recordingservice Beta

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

Now I've translated the readme for the recservice beta into english. You can find the packages in the members/beta section. I put the english readme here (till the next update at least).

ATTENTION

========

If installed, please first stop the Service with the Systemtray control program and then shutdown the traycontrol program also, otherwise the update will fail.

Installation:

-------------

Extract the zip file into the DVBViewer Pro folder. Start installsvc.bat to register the service with windows. If you want to delete the service please first run uninstallsvc.bat. You need for both Administrator rights.

The DVBViewer Recordingservice is a native windowsservice. It enables you to record timers programmed by the DVBViewer Pro without DVBViewer Pro.

The Files:

- DVBVservice.exe

The service.

- DVBVCtrl.exe

A Systemtray controlprogram, which shows the status of the service, allows to start and stop the service and displays a 30 seconds warning before a timer controlled shutdown of the computer. Should be set to autostart.

- Plugins\svcctrl.dll

A plugin for the DVBViewer Pro and GE. It takes care of shutting down the service when DVBViewer starts, warns the user on running recordings in the service. It also reactivates the service on exiting DVBViewer (if enabled in the DVBViewer plugins menu).

If you start the DVBViewer while a recording is running in the service you can cancel the recording or you let the recording finish. In this case the service will only finish the current recording and does not start any new recording. The after recording action will be ignored and the timer in question will be deactivated in the DVBViewer. If you have more than one device, the DVBViewer will use a free device and you can work with it normally. *This does not work for multiple Technisat devices due to driver limitations.*

The service is able to start the computer from Standby or Hibernate without taskscheduler, in fact you MUST disable the Taskscheduler in the DVBViewer. The computer will be started 2 minutes before the time to let the devices initialize properly. Recording works also with no user logged in but you need to use Usermode 0 or 2.

All important settings and programmings of the DVBViewer Pro will be used also by the service. All settings and programmings have to be done by the DVBViewer Pro.

Use it at your own risk!

Plugins:

---------

3 Plugins are in the package. These plugins are special plugins and are NOT for use with DVBViewer. DON'T PUT THEM INTO THE DVBViewer PLUGIN FOLDER! Keep the folder structure used in the zip.

To install the plugins run regplugs.bat. To deinstall them run unregplugs.bat.

The Plugins in detail:

- epgparser.dll

This Plugin does the epg-data parsing of the datastream from your devices. With each recording this plugin is notified and it get all needed data and parses the EIT and transmits the parsed data to all interested parties (plugins).

- epgstore.dll

Is equivalent to the DVBViewer EPG datastore. It's able to read and write the EPG.dat and it takes the EPG data from the EPG-Parser Plugin and stores it. Other plugins can query this Plugin for EPG data.

-DVBVweb.dll

This is a cut down version of the webserver for DVBViewer. It show EPG data and helps to create/change/delete timers. You need the epg-store plugin for epg-data.

It is enabled automatically and uses as default Port 80/local host (127.0.0.1). You can use the webconfiguration to change this.

Password and user default to "admin" and "admin" (without the "). All settings are saved in the setup.xml of the DVBViewer (sections "WebUser" and "WebGeneral"). The language files are identical with the ones of the Webserver for DVBViewer and have to be placed into the "Language" folder of the DVBViewer.

The html-templates are NOT identical and should be left in the default folder ("svcweb").

Guest Lars_MQ

A Update for the recordingservice and the plugins is in the Beta area.

Extract from the readme:

ATTENTION

========

If installed, please first stop the Service with the Systemtray control program and then shutdown the traycontrol program also, otherwise the update will fail.

[..]

New/Changed in Version 1.0.3

-----------------------------

- Fixed splitting of TS-recordings.

- The EPG-Parser-Plugin respects now the EPG-source settings of a channel.

- Web-Plugin: The Webinterface has been extended with a device status page. It shows all devices, their receptiontype, status and when running the singalstrength. Running recordings are listed below the device with a bytes written and a discontinuity counter.

When using the recordingservice i use Force hibernate after recording. It wakes up, records and hibernates, but wakes up imediately!

After this i can put the machine in Hibernate state but it wakes up imediately every time.

If i stop the recording service and exits from system tray hibernate works fine again

I am using the latest version of DVBViewer pro and the latest Recordingservice

I guess you have some service running and it mess up something. I had "DKservice.exe". It belongs to diskeeper program. I just ended that service and everything works fine now, so i uninstalled that diskeeper program. See picture below.

dkservice.PNG

Edited by jusubbi
Guest Lars_MQ

A update for the recservice in the membersarea.

extract from the readme:

If installed, please first stop the service with the system tray control program and then shutdown the tray control program also, otherwise the update will fail.

[...]

New/Changed in Version 1.0.4

-----------------------------

- Fix tune only timers cause recording.

- Add: recording stats are now written into the file svcrec.log.

- Fix: Sometimes a recording did not start after wakeup, you had to move the mouse to start it.

- Change: The limit of 10x retuning on missing data stream is removed.

I had problem with this new version 1.0.4

It wakeups>records>goes back to standby but when resume from standby there is this "30s warning message" jammed in 2 seconds left. So system goes standby 2 seconds too early.

I guess you have some service running and it mess up something. I had "DKservice.exe". It belongs to diskeeper program. I just ended that service and everything works fine now, so i uninstalled that diskeeper program. See picture below.

dkservice.PNG

I had nothing running. Of course i tried a completely clean install (everything MCE & Updates and DVBViewer) before i reported the error (took only 4 hours!)

Tried the new version (1.0.4), no luck. I have even reinstalled the PC from scratch.

Always after a recording it hibernates or standby (depening on my choice) but the problem is taht it always starts up less than 1 second after that. No matter what i do, it starts up all the times i try to do som sleep with it. If i disable the DVB icon in the systray, everything works fine (except the recordingservice, that is now deactivated)

Strange. I'll check it. Does it have any negative effects?

I don't have that problem any more. Now i have random problems:

-Once it won't wakeup from standby.

-Once it won't go to standby.

-Two times it wakeups immediately after standby.

I think these problem causes that i installed & uninstalled DVBViewer & recordin service too many times. Mayby some register problems. If runnin installsvc.bat and uninstallsvc.bat it can change something.

With 1.0.3 i get everything works fine finally, but with this 1.0.4 i have problems.

I think i can solve this problem in this weekend, so i post when i get it works perfectly.

Do you have disabled "use taskscheduler" in the DVBViewer options itself?

It is grayed out and it is disabled. Believe its because i haven't installed th Schedulerplugin

I very apreciate the DVBViewer Control!

...but IMHO it would be veeery nice to be able to restrict the EPG display (everywere) to the favourite channels only...

Also I try to copy the channel logo but they wan't display :wacko: ...but I haven't play too much around it...

I made the italian translation of the language file, but somewhere I can't (namely in the drop down lists...)

:bye:

rc_italiano.zip

Edited by Gioxy
Guest Lars_MQ
but somewhere I can't (namely in the drop down lists...)

hmm you can't what? If you changed the language, hit the reload button of the browser.

...but IMHO it would be veeery nice to be able to restrict the EPG display (everywere) to the favourite channels only...

The recording service doesn't know anything about favorites, because it has no use for them, so I can't use it in the webplugin.

Oh I nearly forgot! Thanks for the language file, I'll include it in the package.

I just can't get this working. Now i have same problem again:

When recording ends and system goes to sleep, it wakeups in 1 second.

from svcdebug.log:

13.01.2007 11:16:23 Setting next recording in: 13.1.2007 11:14:00

I wondering why time is 11:16:23 becouse it's really 11:13:23 when schedule timer to start 11:14:00?!

See attachments

support.zip

Guest Lars_MQ

OK, please try this:

- Open DVBViewer|Options|Shutdown

- Activate Don't shutdown if recording in...

There seems to be a bug in the wakeuptime-calculation in the service. The service sets the wakeup time 3 minutes early, to allow the drivers etc to initialize properly before starting the recording. This 3 minutes are not taken in account.

I corrected it, till the next update you can use this above described option. It does make a lot of sense to activate it anyway, where is the use to shutdown the computer if the next recording is within the next 15 minutes. :bye:

ok, that just make impossible to standby system 15 minutes before recording. it won't help with this resume problem. normally i don't add schedule minute before recordin, just now becouse i trying to find reason for this resume problem and i don't want waiting 3-4 minutes before i know is it working or not.

OK, please try this:

- Open DVBViewer|Options|Shutdown

- Activate Don't shutdown if recording in...

There seems to be a bug in the wakeuptime-calculation in the service. The service sets the wakeup time 3 minutes early, to allow the drivers etc to initialize properly before starting the recording. This 3 minutes are not taken in account.

I corrected it, till the next update you can use this above described option. It does make a lot of sense to activate it anyway, where is the use to shutdown the computer if the next recording is within the next 15 minutes. :bye:

I have just tried this solution. It didn't change anything. The machine wakes up in the same second it goes to sleep

Guest Lars_MQ

ok slow down everybody.

Please do the following:

disable the don't shut down option again.

(Manually) Programm two timers:

1. From current time to current time + 3 minutes, after recording action = Standby (or hibernate).

2. From current time + 7 minutes to current time + 9 minutes, after recording action = Standby (or hibernate).

The important part is the gap between the two recordings, please make it equal or bigger than 4 minutes.

The above procedure ensures the described bug doesn't interfere with our further testing.

Now the computer should at least sleep for one minute. Does this work for you?

Guest Lars_MQ
13.01.2007 14:03:30 Setting next recording in: 13.1.2007 14:04:00

13.01.2007 14:03:30 Shutdown Comserv success

13.01.2007 14:03:30 Shutdown Comserv success

13.01.2007 14:03:30 savesetup save vcr

13.01.2007 14:03:30 Recorderservice Disabled

13.01.2007 14:03:30 StopService stop service

13.01.2007 14:03:30 Standby PBT_APMSUSPEND

13.01.2007 14:04:10 StartService create plugin list

It stays 40 seconds standby between these two records. see attachments.

It's supposed to do this. see bold times. Please set the time between the recordings a little bit higher.

The problem seems to be that if only one timer exist, the service get confused and wakes up after execution of this timer. If there are more than on timer it sleeps perfectly between them

se this:

I set timers like this:

first timer begin 14.00 ending 14.03

second timer begin 14.07 ending 14.09

Equal 4 minutes between just like you asked. I try again later and i set it to 5 minutes between records.

Edited by jusubbi
Guest Lars_MQ

The last wakeup does not origin from the dvbservice. Only if you see

"Setting next recording in: ..."

a wakeuptimer is set. Otherwise the service simply shuts the recordingengine and everything else inside down. There must be an external (means not service internal) influence (program, driver, etc), but I have no idea what it could be.

The last wakeup does not origin from the dvbservice. Only if you see

"Setting next recording in: ..."

a wakeuptimer is set. Otherwise the service simply shuts the recordingengine and everything else inside down. There must be an external (means not service internal) influence (program, driver, etc), but I have no idea what it could be.

I must be the dvbservice that causes it. If i have only one timer, and the recording is finished, it sleeps, but wakes up imideately. If i now try, even 10 times, to put it to sleep it wakes up every time in les than one second. BUT if i stops the dvbservice and put it to sleep, it sleeps!

I have same problem. If service don't know when next recording is, it wakeup system less than one second after suspend.

Edited by jusubbi
hmm you can't what?

i can't translate (=there was no entry in the rc_language file) the items of the drop down menu of "Record action" and "Post record action" of the new timer page, and this:

post-485-1168732423_thumb.png

The recording service doesn't know anything about favorites

oh, without your magic programming wand, of course... :) Please, can you teach him?

Also I try to copy the channel logo but they wan't display

...this evening automagically it appears!

...but IMHO to use another copy of the same channellogos that normally are stored only a couple of folder away (DVBViewer\Images\Logos) is a useless and confusing doubling...

Tanks again...

:)

Edited by Gioxy

I think i found a temporary solution:

Added a timer, start Year 2035, start time 23:50, end time 23:59, Called it New Year

Tried a few manual timers, and it looks like it is working.

Have just added an EPG recording starting 11:30 ending 12:00, waiting for this to complete

Lars,

do you think it will be possible to automatically stop the service if there are no scheduled recordings?

As I see it DVBViewer ... or the EPG Plugin ...can add scheduled recordings. I think that they can also start/stop the service, right? when the recording ends simply checking if there are other scheduled ones can clear if the service should be stopped.

The reason I'm asking about this is that even the smallest process has some CPU/Memory usage, and when one is very close to the limit (HD H.264 on a slow machine) every CPU cycle is needed

this will also easily solve the issue with hibernation/standby that some users have

Edited by pankov

Seems like the temporay solution works. As mentioned above i have tried a EPG recording and the hibernation worked fine.

# Pankov

I dont think it is a good idea to change anything before the sleep problem is solved. Maybe the temporary solution mentioned above would stop working

McenterFreak,

I totally agree with you. The issue must be solved the real way.

My suggestion was simply a quick solution while the bug is hunted down and killed

:)

i try this temporary solution, it records, goes to standby and stay there but there is 2 wakeup before recording?! see and wondering the log.

i set 2 timers: 22.34-23.40 and 22.59-00.00.

22:10:20 = i shutdown DVBViewer

22:10:39 = standby

22:31:10 = it wakeups

22:33:20 = it standbys

22:33:26 = it wakeups

22:34:02 = recording starts

22:59:00 = second record starts

00:00:32 = it goes to standby

why it want's to go 6 seconds standby?

svcdebug.zip

Edited by jusubbi
Guest Lars_MQ

Update 1.0.5 in the Betasection/Membersarea

New/Changed in Version 1.0.5

----------------------------

- Fix: Check for next event went wrong, if the next timer started within 3 minutes after the preciding timer ended.

- Change: Entries for a recording in svcrec.log optimized and the filesize now is written in useful units (MB/GB) instead of bytes.

- Add: Italiano.lng for web added. Thanks @ gioxy.

#Lars_MQ

Would it be possible to include a way to specify that the service should not force a sleep before the average CPU usage are lower than x% in y seconds, where x and y are specified by the user?

This would prevent sleep actions if the user are using the PC for viewing or other tasks

I'm trying to use the RecordingService on my new Vista machine.

Everything installs correctly.

When the service start a new recording, it starts and then releases everything immediately after. Nothing is recorded, no file created.

This was a 2 minute scheduled recording:

24.01.2007 17:33:53 Start App -----------------------------------

24.01.2007 17:33:53 StartService create plugin list

24.01.2007 17:33:54 StartService start timer

24.01.2007 17:33:54 StartService loadchannellist

24.01.2007 17:33:54 Hardware.InitDevice Load settings for: Flexcop based card 0 (DVB-T)

24.01.2007 17:33:54 loadsetup load vcr

24.01.2007 17:33:54 StartService load setup

24.01.2007 17:33:54 Recorderservice Enabled

24.01.2007 17:35:00 VCR-Internal Starting recording process.

24.01.2007 17:35:00 Allocate Hardware Flexcop based card 0 (DVB-T)

24.01.2007 17:35:00 VCR-Internal Found fitting Hardware: Flexcop based card 0 (DVB-T)

24.01.2007 17:35:00 DoRecord Finding EPG

24.01.2007 17:35:00 DoRecord test

24.01.2007 17:35:00 TDVBHardware.SetTuner PMT: 256SID: 21

24.01.2007 17:35:01 StartRecording: Canale 5 (ita)

24.01.2007 17:35:01 VCR-Internal Recording did start.

24.01.2007 17:35:02 Release Hardware Flexcop based card 0 (DVB-T)

24.01.2007 17:35:02 Destroy Hardware Flexcop based card 0 (DVB-T)