Automated video recording using tv-programs name

mebeling

It would be very nice to have an automated video recorder functionality which uses just tv-programs name. If the programs name includes one of the filters which one wants to record it will be allways recorded. This way if the programs starting time varies it will still be recorded without users actions.

Hello !

You should give the EPGPlus Programm a try.

You define what the Program should look in the EPG data and than you define what the Program

shall do.

- Warn

- Schedule a recording

- Nothing

So if you let it search for Dr. Who and allow programming of recording,

you are on the save side.

Except :

If another scheduled recording has a conflict with this automated one.

Okay,

thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for

Me too, thanks, works great!

Is there any idea will this functionality be available via OSD? In the future? Would satisfy one step more full htpc usage. Mission: avoid mouse/keyboard and use remote, all right, self-explanatory.. :arrow:

Thanks,

I can't test at moment, but with the new default OSD there is something similar (at least a help for this task), take a look further on this function:

• OSD - Program

• OSD-Blue

• "find more"

:arrow:

• 1 month later...

Could it not record, if the name is not exact.

Dr. Who

Dr Who

Dr: Who

Doctor Who

DoctorWho

The people that make the listings, sometime like to play around.

The Big Film: Exclusive

Could get, shortened to The Big Fil...

Edited by Dvb-tv
  • 2 weeks later...

I think EPGPlus still lags functionality of automated series recording.

E.g My favourite TV-station reruns TV-show's all episodes within a year period (few times a week, with changing air time) and I want to record every episodes of selected show automatically (no need to set new episodes recording once a week or so (my epg shows only two weeks data)).

Similar function can be found from Windows MCE (just hit the record button twice and all episodes under same program id is recorded automatically) I previously used MCE which have lot better OSD user interface, but do not have dvb subtitling.

There should also a OSD interface on EPGPlus to handle these series recordings. EPGPlus plugin works great but might need these little things to be a great plugin.

br, Mikko P.

Me too, thanks, works great!

Is there any idea will this functionality be available via OSD? In the future? Would satisfy one step more full htpc usage. Mission: avoid mouse/keyboard and use remote, all right, self-explanatory.. :bye:

I could not agree more. It would be great if all this could be done with just the remote.

The other feature I would like would be "fuzzy recording" thus if the program starts at 19.00 every Saturday but one Saturday the time has changed to 19.15 then the program still records.

I find the DVBViewer application to be great. Picks all the channels up, super quick channel changing, very low system resources and outstanding CAM support but I do think that the user interface is its weak point.

The other feature I would like would be "fuzzy recording" thus if the program starts at 19.00 every Saturday but one Saturday the time has changed to 19.15 then the program still records.

This is already integrated into the DVBViewer. It's called User. :bye:

• 4 weeks later...

This is also a missing feature of DVB for me, and I think it's not difficult to implement:

1.- Just add a "Grab always in this channel" checkbox in the existing OSD window that confirm the EPG recording.

2.- When this checkbox is checked, store the relevant information (program name and channel) in a new table/file

3.- In the existing EPG writer engine, check every new entry against this table, if match any entry, fire a new timer automatically with the new broadcasting time

4.- Add somewhere the posibility of edit/delete the existing repeating shedules

You can refine this proccedure by adding information of the schedules about its repeatomg scheme and grouping all instances of a recording. You can also mark this programs in the TimeLine OSD screen with a group of red circles.

You can see a working example here:

http://www.team-mediaportal.com

Regards from Spain