Asus U3000-Mini DVB-T problems

Maketee

Everytime i start DVBViewer it shows "no hardware available". Still it shows "Asus U3000 Mini BDA Digital Tuner (Dev1 Path0)" in hardware list. In channel scan screen it shows correct device, but cant find any channels. If someone have same device, please tell if you have got it working with DVBViewer.

Antenna is ok. I have tested it with my TV and it finds all channels.

Using:

DVBViewer 3.6.0.2

Asus U3000Mini (driver 3.2.1.1)

Windows Vista Business 64bit

Edited by Maketee

Heres my support.zip. Reinstalled DVBViewer, but problem stays.

I did a quick test in another machine which was running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit + DVBViewer 3.6.0.2 and this device worked fine. No problems!

So this seems to be some sort of incompatibility problem with 64bit OS or something else...

Hello,

Decoder are not essential for scanning channels! They dont solve this problem.

Everytime i start DVBViewer it shows "no hardware available".
had you delete all channels in the channellist.

The supplied list by DVBViewer Pro is only for DVB-S.

:idiot:

Use the tool TransEdit ... with his instructions (member area).

Senderscans can be made in a convenient way and sorted at own discretion with that.

One also can if necessary help the transponder files on the jumps.

The filname for your Transponder-list is 'europe.ini' (subdiretory), intern Terrestrial (EUR), necessary to scan.

Edited by Engelbert

Did little more testing. I installed Windows Vista Business 32bit edition to see if that works. And it did. Just installed DVBViewer and it find channels. Also tried Transedit and it worked too.

Then I restored Windows Vista Business 64bit edition from Ghost image I made and tried DVBViewer and Transedit. Suprise... they didn't find channels.

So problem is this 64bit edition. Maybe Asus drivers aren't working or some sort of incompatibility problem with these programs. Damn, I should have bought 32bit edition :bye:

Does anyone have any ideas what to try next? Can anyone recommend new USB DVB-T device that works with DVBViewer and 64bit OS? :idiot: