please include MHEG5 in DVB VIEWER for UK teletext

the_doc735

please include MHEG5 in DVBViewer for UK teletext.

many in UK have requested this implementation since at least 2004!

can I encourage you by letting you know there's an opensource and free MHEG5 codec/Authoring application available at http://lionet.info/asn1c if this helps?

If 'YOU' would like to see mheg inc. with DVBViewer please add your support by adding a reply to this thread - thank you!

:idiot:

So how about it Hackbart? Seems you would have the monopoly on it as no one else has it either at the moment; yours would be the only PC mheg5 solution available! Must be worth marketing surely?

Can you move it up the 'to do' list, a bit? :bye:

• 4 weeks later...

Do your market reserach, you will find in the world only one other option. A bad option that is totaly to expensive no one wants to go that route.

You make MHEG-5 and as needed any future services available in DVBViewer you will have thousands if not millions of extra sales. Your market reasearch will lead you to the same conclusion. After looking also at how many sales from each dvb pc device manufacture has sold in the uk over the last two to three years.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another Windows-based DVB-t BDA app which has MHEG-5 support but the licencing of that software is completely unreasonable (no matter how good the software is). Other than that the only option is the Linux route.

I would love to see support for this in DVBViewer but I can understand why the developers wouldn't want to include it. Firstly, the UK is the only country using the MHEG system and secondly, the developers are not based in the UK. They would have to rely on transport streams sent to them by people within the UK, and it would be a bit of a nightmare resolving issues that occur (and as far as I know, no MHEG decoder is 100% bulletproof and many of them can fall over when the broadcasters do something a little different from the norm).

Having said that, I'll add my name to the list of those wanting MHEG-5 support.

Edited by CX23882-19
  • 2 years later...