Using DVBServer

droida38

Im trying to set up DVBServer but has no succes. I must say that I find the manual a bit lacking on that subject. But maybe it's just so simple that no further is necessary? Anyhow it would be nice with a DVBServer entry in main-index of the helpfile, it took me a while to locate the description in Options section.

Well here's what I do:

Start the DVBServer on my mediacenter PC. Leave the default settings and click start.

serverri7.png

On the client I start DVBViewer, and go to Options -> Hardware.

Choose Unicast Network Device, Settings and Discover:

clientkp3.jpg

Great! The client sees the server. But what now? According to the manual I should just apply settings and restart DVBViewer client and be able to watch the server. But when I start DVBViewer nothing happens. Just black screen.

And the questions start piling up:

1. Should I treat the server as another DVB device and thus scan for channels?

2. Why is it possible to "Tune" from within the Server - doesn't it just use the channels found when setting up DVBViewer (on the server).

3. It seems that DVBViewer itself can be a server. Plugins -> Netstream -> Active. But when I try that instead of starting DVBServer, the client cannot discover the service.

4. It seems it's also possible to receive the stream directly from the server. And when I try http://10.0.0.4:2345/ in my browser it offers to save or open mpeg2 stream. So I try to open with PowerDVD or MS MediaPlayer but either nothing happens or an error occurs, that the player cannot play that kind of content. (Also tried port 4012)

N.B. My server is 10.0.0.4 and my client is 10.0.0.3

Thanks in advance...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have exectly the same probleme. Did you find the solution because i'm stuck and can't make it work.

I'm looking for one solution. because i would like to watch the chanel on VLC.

Thanks for you reply.

Im trying to set up DVBServer but has no succes. I must say that I find the manual a bit lacking on that subject. But maybe it's just so simple that no further is necessary? Anyhow it would be nice with a DVBServer entry in main-index of the helpfile, it took me a while to locate the description in Options section.

Well here's what I do:

Start the DVBServer on my mediacenter PC. Leave the default settings and click start.

serverri7.png

On the client I start DVBViewer, and go to Options -> Hardware.

Choose Unicast Network Device, Settings and Discover:

clientkp3.jpg

Great! The client sees the server. But what now? According to the manual I should just apply settings and restart DVBViewer client and be able to watch the server. But when I start DVBViewer nothing happens. Just black screen.

And the questions start piling up:

1. Should I treat the server as another DVB device and thus scan for channels?

2. Why is it possible to "Tune" from within the Server - doesn't it just use the channels found when setting up DVBViewer (on the server).

3. It seems that DVBViewer itself can be a server. Plugins -> Netstream -> Active. But when I try that instead of starting DVBServer, the client cannot discover the service.

4. It seems it's also possible to receive the stream directly from the server. And when I try http://10.0.0.4:2345/ in my browser it offers to save or open mpeg2 stream. So I try to open with PowerDVD or MS MediaPlayer but either nothing happens or an error occurs, that the player cannot play that kind of content. (Also tried port 4012)

N.B. My server is 10.0.0.4 and my client is 10.0.0.3

Thanks in advance...