Watching a channel & recording another on the same transponder

davaid

Is that possible using DVBViewer; As I bought the application to use with my SkyStar2 card, but I am unable to do that; where my previous SAT card TV@SAT-CI and its software WinDTV2.2 used to have this function.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello !

It is mentioned everywhere.

Even when Lars had a bad moment, giving the standard answer.

Yes it is possible to watch ONe Channel and record another, or two, or three, or more .

IF they are on the same Transponder.

I do it every day with my Skystar 2.

A wait a minute:

Just to make sure you understand:

It is possible with the DVBViewer Pro.

And it is mentioned in the features list , hence the one I know is in German.

So buy it and have Fun.

Thousands of satisfied customers can not be wrong. ;)

Thanks for the reply, however I would have appreciated if you just can post a link, I tried using the recorder function, I tried using Video recorder plugin, every time it starts to record a channel it will simply tune to it!!! So I am forced to see the channel that I am recording.

Sorry for any disturbance caused.

Well when I tried to record a channel then tune to another channel on the same transponder I get the massage "No hardware" I tried different ways and I am unable to select more than a channel in Video Recorder !!!

Can anyone help please; I have SkyStar2 Driver 4.4.0 Latest DVBViewer Pro 3.6.1.2, Latest video Plugin 3.4.......

I really would use any help.

Well I spent the last few days trying to do this, but I simply couldn't as everytime I record a channel while watching another one on the same transponder the apps just tune to it.

I read the manuals and VideoRecorder one as well, created multiple video recorder instances but all failed!!!

I have generated the info "Support.zip" file for your overview.

Appreciate your help and support.

Thanks in advance.

support.zip

Maybe this is the problem: as far as I know only very few cards (or no one at all) can decrypt more than one channel at a time... and is (I don't remeber well) a driver related limitation, not DVBViewer one...

and is (I don't remeber well) a driver related limitation, not DVBViewer one...

This is not quite true. 1st it is the application that is responsible to make multichannel decryption possible. Maybe not all drivers are capable to handle this and whether it would work wtihout problems is another question..