Astra & Hotbird channellist

damjang

Hi to all. I attached here a channellist created from SATCO-DX on 06.03.2003. This channellist contain 3 roots: Astra, Hotbird and Astra + Hotbird mixed channels (diseqc for Astra =PosA/OptA - HotB=PosB/OptA). All channels are ordered alphabeticaly in language directories.

Note: this channellists don't contain teletext pids because SDX file don't have this information!!!!

damjang

• 14 years later...

@Manu: Please stop nagging me via mail, pm and google. Is it really that complicated to use the channel scan inside the DVBViewer? As i already wrote you via mail:

Open TV/Radio -> Reception Settings/Channel Search -> Select DVB-S -> under Transponder Lists Hotbird 13° -> then select you Diseqc settings, if necessary and press Scan --> Scan Range.

• Like 1

If you redistribute content from TV stations, you mostly need a licence from the copyright owner, particularly if you make money with this.

(I don't know the law in your country, but do not post links to that in this forum)

The Iranian TV is a public domain it doesnt need any license the prove is You Tube and Adsense . 

Why you are o selfish ?

instead of so much correspondences please explain clearly what shall I do tow i can get  get Hot Bird on DVB 6 or please send me a link to download the copy with Hotbird integrated , Thank you Mr Hackbart  

Start the DVBViewer, TV/Radio > Reception Settings/Channel Search

Select DVB-S and then Hotbird 13.0°E, adjust the DiSEqC settings according to your sat system > Save

And then Load Channel List to import the included list.

Or Scan --> Scan Range to get every time a up to date list.

Hello 

Please I am not like other users which are familiar with computer . I am a 72 old retired journalist . I have bought 2 DVB .Earlier . The earlier version which was downloaded from member area has a integrated scan facility , the present DVB 6 have not a scan and the search engine is not functioning , so please explain clearly what I have to do after the bellow screen shot 

Thanks 

Manu  o:)

DVB.jpg

Hello 

Please I am not like other users which are familiar with computer . I am a 72 old retired journalist . I have bought 2 DVB .Earlier . The earlier version which was downloaded from member area has a integrated scan facility , the present DVB 6 have not a scan and the search engine is not functioning , so please explain clearly what I have to do after the bellow screen shot 

Thanks 

Manu  o:)

• 1 month later...

I guess , Mr Hackbart is running away from me , he is not replying to my messages . I am 72 years retired journalist and not a computer expert . I have installed DVB pro 6 

Most of my work is with Hot BIrd Satellite which was available in earlier version . My problem is that there is no scan feature in DVB 6 .

http://prntscr.com/fq3z4a

I asked Mr Hackbart . here is  what I say in my message dated June 12 , which I do not have answer yet , Quote :

6 of my messages are unanswered please reply .

With reference to yr email which you say :

Open the channel scan, select DVB-S and then Hotbird 13.°.,After this press scan. .

DVB 6 have no scan feature , please do me a favor and tell me  by my Gmail [lenziran2@gmail.com] How I can download satellite  HOTBIRD with DVB PRO6 

CAN ANYBODY ELSE HELP ? 

Am 19.5.2017 um 23:41 schrieb Tjod:

Start the DVBViewer, TV/Radio > Reception Settings/Channel Search

Select DVB-S and then Hotbird 13.0°E, adjust the DiSEqC settings according to your sat system > Save

And then Load Channel List to import the included list.

Or Scan --> Scan Range to get every time a up to date list.

I hope You have read my story !

1- Channel search do not function .

2- What is DVB -S and how I can access ?

3- There is no Scan feature in my DVBViewer pro .

HERE A SCREEN SHOT 

http://prntscr.com/fq4v30

Please understand that I am 72 years old retired journalist and not a computer expert ! 

11 hours ago, Tjod said:

At which step number do you have the problem?
What are you doing and what is happening?

In those steps is no server involved.

While I click on your link I have a message which you have the screen shot  . I am not familiar with Forums 

Link http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Channel_Editor does not exist in DVB 6 

Please send something reliable 

Edited by manu962

That exist in the current DVBViewer 6.x

In DVBViewer open the menu TV/Radio and click on Reception Settings/Channel Search this will open that window:

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Channel_Editor#Reception_Settings

If not, you need to fix you Windows or DVBViewer installation (run the setup from the current Version 6.0.2). Or you need someone else with basic PC understanding how can describe what he is doing and what is happening.

Or post a support.zip maybe that shows what is wrong with your installation.

11 hours ago, Tjod said:

At which step number do you have the problem?
What are you doing and what is happening?

In those steps is no server involved.

While I click on your link I have a message which you have the screen shot 

Thank you very much for your friendly approach 

I think my DVB is well installed because I can get all channel listed .

The problem remain with tmarked with Red .

How I an get rid of that ? I dont know 

http://prntscr.com/fqdrng

6 hours ago, Hansrh said:

Does manu962 have a valid TV-card, in that case what card is it ?

What is a TV card ? I dont know but if you send me a link to buy it , I will be buy a TV card . May be I can have Hotbid on the TV card ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

20 minutes ago, manu962 said:

I am confused , sorry ! 

6 hours ago, Hansrh said:

What is a TV card ? I dont know but if you send me a link to buy it , I will be buy a TV card . May be I can have Hotbid on the TV card ? 

OK as far as I can tell from the screen shot there is no TV card. Therefore there are only internet streams you can import and some of them have geo restrictions,.

A TV card is the PC hardware you need to get the TV signal from the satellite dish into the PC.

From the way you where phrasing your problem I had assumed that it was working in a older DVBViewer version. But that is clearly not the case.

1. You need a Satellite dish https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_dish aligned to Hotbird 13.0°E
  2. A DVB-S2 card/stick in you PC (which supports the default windows driver type for TV cards BDA) https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dvb-s2+pc&iax=1&ia=images

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_Driver_Architecture

And then post a support.zip so that we know how your DVBViewer is configured.

Spoiler
Spoiler

22 hours ago, manu962 said:

I am confused , sorry ! 

C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\support.zip

On 7/1/2017 at 10:51 AM, Hansrh said:

Hello 

After one hour , I think I have got the link as C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\support.zip 

I m a retired journalist and not a compute gig 

I use DVB pro 6-2  and would like to have Hot Bird 13 satellite scan . There isnt any scan feature in my DVB 

If you don't have the necessary hardware installed it cant work.

If you have a car without wheels it will not drive. And having wheels in the cargo bay would not help. You need someone with basic car knowledge to mount the properly.

And if there are no wheels, it is not a problem of the car engine that you aren't able to drive.

There is a scan feature in the DVBViewer. But it only can work if the TV card is properly installed in you PC.

Without a TV card it is impossible to receive signals from satellites in the sky.

DVB signals are not received via internet. I thing you are missing the basic understanding of satellite TV what you are trying to use.

Dear

I Thank you very much for your kind assistance , I agree that I do not have any computer knowledge but Please look to this screen shot screen shot , which is the channel list 

http://prntscr.com/fqp5om

Unfortunately the screen shooter do not take screen shot from the player content but the dish is installed and I could have the Hot Bird channel before the crash ( may be other version ) . Now , I can have any channel mentioned in my channel list . I am ready to buy the previous version with integrated  Hotbird in .

Please do not hesitate to help me . If you intend to fix the inconenience remote I am ready and pleased to give you access ! 

If you think I need still a TV card , just send me a link to buy ! 

Manu

1 minute ago, manu962 said:

Dear

I Thank you very much for your kind assistance , I agree that I do not have any computer knowledge but Please look to this screen shot screen shot , which is the channel list 

http://prntscr.com/fqp5om

Unfortunately the screen shooter do not take screen shot from the player content but the dish is installed and I could have the Hot Bird channel before the crash ( may be other version ) . Now , I can have any channel mentioned in my channel list . I am ready to buy the previous version with integrated  Hotbird in .

Please do not hesitate to help me . If you intend to fix the inconenience remote I am ready and pleased to give you access ! 

If you think I need still a TV card , just send me a link to buy ! 

Manu

The screen shot is black , while I can get bbc Persian TV 

BBC.jpg

The DVBViewer 6 supports internet streams. And has a list of example streams included, which are free in the internet. But some of the streams use Geo-blocking (you can only access the from some country). So only some streams of the list will work for you. And the URLs change regularly so every couple of weeks you have to search in the internet for new URLs for some channels.

e.g.

And the HLS streams in the screenshot are some of the list.The name at the top is manually set by you that has nothing to-do with the srtreams.

Internet streams you can receive, have no connection to a satellite position e.g. Hotbird 13.0° East. And by far not all channels which are available via Sat offer internet streams.

If you try to use internet streams an not Sat TV, there is no scan possible. Because there is no standard how to find streaming URLs. And which streaming URL works changes from country to country.
If you are not computer savvy and you have nobody from you country how regularly provides you updated lists. Internet streams in the DVBViewer are not for you.

Either look the streams direct on the web page of the TV station or use Sat TV with a TV card or better with a standalone sat receiver (which doesn't need a PC).

If you by a printer but don't have ink or paper it will not work even if the printer is OK. And currently your try to use the DVBViewer without Sat TV card is like using a printer without ink and complain why it dosn't produce a newspaper.

37 minutes ago, Tjod said:

The DVBViewer 6 supports internet streams. And has a list of example streams included, which are free in the internet. But some of the streams use Geo-blocking (you can only access the from some country). So only some streams of the list will work for you. And the URLs change regularly so every couple of weeks you have to search in the internet for new URLs for some channels.

e.g.

And the HLS streams in the screenshot are some of the list.The name at the top is manually set by you that has nothing to-do with the srtreams.

Internet streams you can receive, have no connection to a satellite position e.g. Hotbird 13.0° East. And by far not all channels which are available via Sat offer internet streams.

If you try to use internet streams an not Sat TV, there is no scan possible. Because there is no standard how to find streaming URLs. And which streaming URL works changes from country to country.
If you are not computer savvy and you have nobody from you country how regularly provides you updated lists. Internet streams in the DVBViewer are not for you.

Either look the streams direct on the web page of the TV station or use Sat TV with a TV card or better with a standalone sat receiver (which doesn't need a PC).

If you by a printer but don't have ink or paper it will not work even if the printer is OK. And currently your try to use the DVBViewer without Sat TV card is like using a printer without ink and complain why it dosn't produce a newspaper.

You are great thanks I understood , just 2 Questions 

1-Is it possible to put the version on member area with integrated scan and channel link which I have used before ?

2- What is TV card and where can I get one 

I earn my bread by recording and ..... This is my web site :

https://lenziran.com

1-Is it possible to put the version on member area with integrated scan and channel link which I have used before ?

Which program where you using before?

DVBViewer versions prior to DVBViewer 6 only support DVB (DVB-T2, DVB-S/2 and DVB-C) and no general internet streaming.

So without a proper installed TV card it will not work independent from the DVBViewer version you are using. And if you fix you TV card problem a channel scan will work in DVBViewer 6 without problems.

If it has worked with prior DVBViewer versions, there is mostly a TV card in your PC. But then either the TV card has a hardware defect or there is something wrong with your windows or the driver installation. And with your lack of PC knowledge it is not possible to fix this with remote support e.g. here in the forum.

2- What is TV card and where can I get one

Normally at the same place where you bay a PC. And there are multiple types which use different contentions to the PC (USB, PCI, PCIe etc.). So you need one fighting to your PC and you sat installation. But because your lack of PC knowledge it is not possible to recommend something to you via internet.

Thanks again for the valuable information I will Google to find a TV card in Istanbul . You have s[pent lot of time to teach something to a dummy , thanks again