Conax and recording multiple channels at once

patti

Hi!

Is it possible to use DVBViewer to record several encrypted channels simultaneously from one MUX using one Conax cable card? This works for non encrypted channels but I don't seem to get it to work when the first recorded channel is encrypted. DVBViewer does not tune into other encrypted channels from that MUX.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
No, just one encrypted channel per card/CI.

Hi, I'm getting back to this question as something seems to have changed here. Earlier it was like Lars_MQ said and DVBViewer jumped over other encrypted channels when recording one. Now it is possible to start a recording on an encrypted channel (conax) and then switch to another encrypted channel on the same MUX. The downside of this is that the recording stops when you switch to another channel. This is a problem when using timer recording as you don't necessarily know that you're recording and then switch to an encrypted channel and your recording stops but you don't notice it. So, the question is, how to prevent this from happening? Is there an option to prevent switching to another encrypted channel when recording one or what is going on? I first noticed this behavior last spring if I remember correctly, so it is not a new feature that came along with the latest version.

I have two Twinhan Mantis CAB-CI cards with one Digiality Conax CAS5 CAM.

Thanks in advance <_<

patti

Edited by patti

Here is a small thing that I noticed when looking at the problem more closely. The encrypted channels that I have are all on the same mux these days while a while back they were on two different muxes. So I am not sure if that was what made DVBViewer to skip other encrypted channels but now I have 7 encrypted channels and all of them are on the same mux and it causes problems. THis info is for clarification on the backgrounds but the problem still exists.

Nothing has changed.

but now I have 7 encrypted channels and all of them are on the same mux and it causes problems

..I don't understand. If you have problems cos the muxes have changed, you'll have to check with your provider.

Nothing has changed.

..I don't understand. If you have problems cos the muxes have changed, you'll have to check with your provider.

Maybe I wasn't being clear. I don't have problems with the muxes themselves or with the provider. What I meant to say was that earlier as the channels were on different muxes the conax card and tuner were tied to that mux when recording was on. So it was impossible to change channel to another encrypted channel on another mux. Now that all the channels are on the same mux it is possible to start a recording on one encrypted channel and then accidentally or on purpose switch to another encrypted channel which causes the recording to freeze because the card is now tied to encrypting the new channel. DVBViewer allows this channel change, how can I prevent it? Doesn't anybody else have this problem?

patti

Edited by patti
it is possible to start a recording on one encrypted channel and then accidentally or on purpose switch to another encrypted channel which causes the recording to freeze because the card is now tied to encrypting the new channel. DVBViewer allows this channel change

That should not be possible. ..please attach a support.zip

I have two Twinhan Mantis CAB-CI cards with one Digiality Conax CAS5 CAM.

hmm, I've overlooked that you have 2 cards. Uncheck "Has CI module" for the card without CI-module.

hmm, I've overlooked that you have 2 cards. Uncheck "Has CI module" for the card without CI-module.

It is and has been unchecked but the problem remains. I also tried "open whole transponder" and "new tuning method" and "send only encrypted channels to CI" but they didn't help either.

patti

The tuning mode is not relevant for your problem. Same with "send only encrypted channels to CI". This option shouldn't be used. Assign an exclusive group to the crypted channels and the card with ci-module.

The tuning mode is not relevant for your problem. Same with "send only encrypted channels to CI". This option shouldn't be used. Assign an exclusive group to the crypted channels and the card with ci-module.

I already have channel group A for FTA channels and group C for encrypted channels. Tuner 1 with the CI has groups A and C and tuner 2 has only group A. Tuner 2 is set to mode "preferred" and tuner 1 is "normal". The problem is not helped by this.

patti

OK, I have some info regarding this problem. I installed older versions of DVBViewer and checked to see whether they have the same problem. Version 3.6.1.20 was the last version that I have that doesn't have this problem. 3.8.0.0 and newer versions are affected by the problem. Hope this helps.

patti

Dunno, maybe a bug? Handling multiple devices with ci capability seems to cause problems. I can't help, I only have a single ci_card..