Picture Becomes Jerky After 10 Secs Of Recording With 3.6.1.2

Jeff OTF

I just tried updating from 3.5.0.1 to 3.6.1.2. After updating I had a problem with recording. After 10 seconds of recording the picture becomes jerky and unwatchable. This problem happens every time even after rebooting and switching filters. It also happens when the A/V is disabled. The picture is perfect until I start recording. I uninstalled 3.6.1.2 and went back to 3.5.0.1 and the problem went away. Any suggestions?

Athlon 3000 XP

1 gig RAM

ATI AIW 9600XT 128MB

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Motherboard

MPEG2 decoders: ATI or Cyberlink DVD 4.0

Windows XP Pro SP2

AIR2PC ATSC-PCI (Sorry-Forgot to put this in the original post!)

Edited by Jeff OTF

:) You forgot the most important file: the one produced with the "Supporttool" you can find in the last line of the post linked before...

:)

I see that your recording folder is "H:\"...

What type of disk it is?

Please try to test recording in some folder located in "C:..."

I also see you've Nero Audio decoder installed: this can determine your problem, but normally it's visible also in waching...

Try to uninstall Nero...

Another useful info is the CPU use when waching, when recording and when playing a recorded file

I changed the default recording drive to C: and changed the default audio decoders to AC3 filter. The problem looks like it went away. When I switch it back to the H: drive as the default the problem returns. What is strange is that the H: drive is a second SATA with more free space than the C: drive. Maybe it needs to be defragmented. CPU usage is about 23% both before and during recording. I just wonder why it only happens with the upgrade and not 3.5.01.

Thank you for your help and suggestions (and patience in getting you the information you needed).

Ok to defragment drive H: (but this would have to be a usual habit :)); I recommend to defrag it more than once, better until it finish immediately...

Try also to record in a subfolder of drive H:, instead of directly in the root...

If the problem is still there you can also try to upgrade the MoBo BIOS, Chipset and SATA driver...