Postprocessor Plugin

Griga

The Post Processor Plugin 1.0.1 is available in the Members Area, Plugins section.

The plugin inserts a new entry "Video Post Processor" in the DVBViewer's Plugins Menu, allowing you to select a post processor like ffdshow, NVidia etc. for video playback, provided it is installed in your system.

The included ReadMe file provides additional information, particularly about the possibilities to configure the plugin according to your needs.

Please note: If you've already used version 1.0.0 from the Members Area, Beta section, delete the file PostProcessor.ini before installing the new version - not only in DVBViewer\Plugins, but also in the configuration folder\Plugins, if DVBViewer is running in user mode 1 or 2. The old and new version of the file are not compatible! An Explorer Window showing the configuration folder can be opened with About -> Info -> Version Info in DVBViewer Pro resp. Info -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer GE.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmm. I have this plugin, and I can activate the FFDShow filter/postprocessor from the plugin. The problem is that it does not do anything. I can not see the FFDShow effects (not even FFDShow OSD) and I can not control the "postprocessor". If I use the FFDShow as the decoder, then I have all the power of FFDShow available. How do I control the effects that FFDShow has as the postprocessor?

Affirm.

The FFDshow was *not* handling the raw video. I enabled the "raw video" from FFDShow settings and now I have proper control.

Thanks! Now it works as it should! Happy happy joy joy.

• 3 months later...

The Postprocessor Plugin 2.0.0 for DVBViewer Pro/GE is available in the Members Area, Plugins section.

- New: Additionally enables using audio postprocessors like AC3 filter or ffdshow Audio Processor in DVBViewer. The Plugins menu provides a new "Audio Postprocessor" item.

In this way you can use the AC3 Filter capabilities for all audio formats (e.g. CD playback via SPDIF), provided "Use AC3 Filter for PCM" is ticked on the AC3 Filter property page, System tab. The ffdshow Audio Processor offers various possibilities to influence audio output on its property page as well.

- New: Exclusion of postprocessor usage for certain media types.

- New: Exlusion configurable via menu

If you want postprocessors not to be used under certain conditions, e.g. not with a particular decoder or not with a particular video/audio type (like H.264 or AC3), click "Exclude for Current Decoder" resp. "Exclude for Current Media Type" in the Video Postprocessor or Audio Postprocessor menu, when the according decoder is currently used by DVBViewer or when the media type is played. Editing the file PostProcessor.ini is not necessary anymore. More about it in the included ReadMe.

Some words about ffdshow: It turned out to be advantageous to use the CLSIDs for the special postprocessors resp. raw filters, not the ones for the decoders (see RadLight Filter Manager). The special ffdshow postprocessors are available even if "Uncompressed" (audio) resp. "Raw Video" are disabled under "Codecs" in the ffdshow configuration, and, in contrast to the decoders, they are not automatically pulled into a filtergraph. They must be inserted explicitely, as it is done by the plugin. This allows to use them in DVBViewer without affecting other players.

The included standard PostProcessor.ini takes this into account. However, if version 1.0.1 of the Postprocessor Plugin is already installed, and you want to use the special ffdshow video raw filter, you have to edit the file Postprocessor.ini that is located in the DVBViewer configuration folder\Plugins and replace the ffdshow CLSID in the [Postprocessors] section by {0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}.

• 4 weeks later...

Griga,

will it be possible to add support for DMO filters?

I'm trying to use the Circle Surround II DMO to upconvert 2.0 sources to 5.1 but it doesn't load in DVBViewer. It works fine in ZoomPlayer for example.

I've also tried the Chorus DMO (dsdmo.dll) which is present in WinXP by default but it didn't load too so I guess that it's DVBViewer's fault.

The Postprocessor Plugin 2.0.1 for DVBViewer Pro/GE is available in the Members Area, Plugins section.

- Fix: The plugin failed to connect the DC-DSP audio processor to the audio renderer, thus leaving DVBViewer without sound.

- Added: DC-DSP entry in the default PostProcessor.ini.

The DC-DSP audio processor is a free DirectShow filter that enables using various audio effects, among them WinAmp2 plugins and Microsoft DMO. More about it here and in the DC-DSP help file.

I'm trying to use the Circle Surround II DMO to upconvert 2.0 sources to 5.1 but it doesn't load in DVBViewer.

Some words about DMO support. Above is what I could do in one hour, but it won't cover the Circle Surround II DMO, only the Microsoft stuff.

The basic problem is that inserting a DMO as DirectShow filter requires two GUIDs, the DMO CLSID and its category GUID (see here). The plugin is not designed for handling something like this (just as little as most users, I guess :tongue:). However, most likely all DMOs that are relevant for postprocessing will reside in DMOCATEGORY_AUDIO_EFFECT resp. DMOCATEGORY_VIDEO_EFFECT. What about the Circle Surround II DMO? Where does it show up in GraphEdit?

Griga,

I'll try the new version tomorrow and report back.

Now back to CSII - it's located in the DMO Audio Effects, just bellow Chorus. I agree with your assumption that most postprocessing DMOs will reside in these two categories so if you add support for them you'll cover 99% of the cases.

The Postprocessor Plugin 2.0.2 for DVBViewer Pro/GE is available in the Members Area, Plugins section.

- Added: Support for DMOs (DirectX Media Objects) from the Video/Audio Effects categories.

Adding a DMO to the [Postprocessors] or [AudioPostprocessors] list in the file Postprocessor.ini requires its CLSID (Class ID). However, it's not so easy to obtain since the RadLight Filter Manager doesn't support DMOs yet. GraphEdit displays it as part of the "Displayname" entry (see Graph -> Insert Filters -> DMO Video/Audio Effects), e.g.

Displayname: @device.dmo:{EFE6629C-81F7-4281-BD91-C9D604A95AF6}{F3602B3F-0592-48DF-A4CD-674721E7EBEB}

for the Chorus effect. The first sequence of letters/digits, including the curly brackets, is the CLSID, the second one the category GUID (which is not required). You'll have to copy the CLSID by hand, since GraphEdit doesn't allow to copy/paste it via the Windows clipboard.

Please refer to the "Adding new postprocessor filters" section in the ReadMe for further instructions.

@pankov: Please post your Postprocessor.ini entry for the Circle Surround II DMO here, in case someone else needs it.

Sorry for the late answer but somehow I didn't get an e-mail notification for your response and I checked the tread just today.

I'm glad to report that everything works OK :)

Here is what I've used to make CSII work in DVBViewer

CLSID.4={8967e796-9227-425d-9140-419cda226b30}
Name.4=Circle Surround II

P.S.

the version of GraphEdit that I use (an old one 5.04.00.2904 - Build: 040709) allows copy/paste via the clipboard from the "Filter Moniker:" panel and makes the process of getting the CLSID very easy.

• 1 month later...

Filter works nicely, next logical step would be to allow to build chain of post processors ;) Example use case - FFDShow audio processor for effects + AC3filter for AC3 encoding. ;)

Possible UI implementation - making postprocessor.ini to understand format like this:

CLSID.4={B86F6BEE-E7C0-4D03-8D52-5B4430CF6C88}+{A753A1EC-973E-4718-AF8E-A3F554D45C44}
Name.4=ffdshow Audio Processor+AC3 Filter

Edited by Valts
  • 1 month later...

If i try this plugin under Vista+EVR render,it doesn't work,my screen is black and without audio.

If i try this Plugin under VIsta+VMR9 render all Ok.

I use FFDShow as Postprocessor codec.

My Directshow Video chain is DVBSource->Nvidia codec->FFDShow->EVR Render

Somebody have the same problem?

• 3 months later...

The Postprocessor Plugin 2.1.0 for DVBViewer Pro/GE is available in the Members Area, Plugins section.

- Added: A new menu item enabling/disabling Windows Media Audio multichannel playback (5.1 sound).

Multichannel playback of WMA files (Windows Media Audio) requires setting a certain property on the decoder and reconnecting the downstream DirectShow filters so they get notified of the change. The Postprocessor Plugin performs these actions if the menu item "Enable WMA Multichannel" is ticked and one of the following decoders is involved:

WMAudio Decoder DMO

WMAudio 9 Decoder DMO

WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO

Toggling this setting triggers "Rebuild Graph" in DVBViewer, thus interrupting playback for a moment. Only use this option if you really need multichannel playback of WMA files.

- Updated: The ReadMe file.

• 2 months later...

Hi Griga!

I have got the following filters on my system.

1- DirectX Stereo Renderer

2- OpenGL Stereo Renderer

3- Stereo Transformer Filter

These come through "StereoScopic Player v.1.42", which enables me to watch a recorded 3D video from a 3D SAT TV @ Euorbird 9A. channel (11747,H). If PostProcessor plugin could handle these filters, then I can see live stream in 3D. Any comments?

1- DirectX Stereo Renderer

2- OpenGL Stereo Renderer

Renderers and postprocessors are different kinds of DirectShow filters. The postprocessor plugin can't replace a renderer. The results would be calamitous, because DVBViewer would hold references on a renderer that isn't present anymore.

• 1 month later...

Is there anyway to get DVBViewer to record the modified FFDShow postprocessing video instead of the raw video?

There are a couple of channels that give a little bit of junk on the edges (a white line that constantly appears and disappears). I have successfully removed that with FFDShow, so when I watch the channel directly it does not appear. The original is recorded, however.

Is there anyway to get DVBViewer to record the modified FFDShow postprocessing video instead of the raw video?

No, recording has no connection to playback in the DVBViewer.

• 1 year later...

I've re-uploaded the Postprocessor Plugin 2.1 to the new members area, plugins section - no version and binary change!

- Updated: The default configuration file PostProcessor.ini. Outdated entries have been removed, some new entries added:

Video Postprocessors:

- DirectVobSub (may be useful in special cases for displaying external (.srt) subtitles)

- 3Dfier 2D to 3D Conversion

Audio Postprocessors

- Spdifer

For further information please refer to the included ReadMe.

• 3 months later...

Griga,

I'm a new user, DVBViewer Pro V4.8.1.0 and I'm trying to get subtitles working using your plugin 2.1. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit with the built-in Microsoft decoders and custom EVR renderer.

I have the standalone VSFilter.dll from MPC-HC Standalone Filters package 1.5.2.3196 (x86) and ffdshow svn 3873 (x86) installed, can be downloaded from: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/

I have tried to use VSfilter and ffdshow in combination with both Haali and LAV Splitter: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191 without any success, when playing back a media file it loads the filter into the graph (their tray icons show in the system tray, ffdshow or VobSub ) but the subtitles are not displayed.

Any help is appreciated.

Hawke3060

Which file type? Internal or external subtitles?

Usually ffdshow should be enough to display subtitles, without adding DirectVobSub. Check the subtitle settings under start menu -> ffdshow -> video decoder configuration.

Griga,

A DVD mkv rip with embedded idx / sub subtitles and a Blu-ray disk, sorry I should have explained things better. I tested VSFilter and ffdshow separately, I didn't try to use both at the same time.

Playback Testing (Haali Splitter used to test mkv playback, LAV Splitter used to test mkv and Blu-ray). Tried custom EVR and standard EVR renderers with the following results:

Haali Splitter + VSFilter, VSFilter loads but no subtitles are displayed.

Haali Splitter + ffdshow, ffdshow loads but no subtitles are displayed.

LAV Splitter + VSFilter, VSFilter loads but no subtitles are displayed.

LAV Splitter + ffdshow, ffdshow loads but no subtitles are displayed.

ffdshow setup (raw video all supported formats enabled, all subtitle formats ticked, embedded and subtitle files ticked and subtitles enabled).

DVBViewer setup when using LAV Splitter (DVBViewer Filter .m2ts and .mpls file types disabled).

I tested the above combinations with the Microsoft decoders and EVR renderer using Graphstudio and the subtitles are working without any problems.

Using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 plus latest updates with a Geforce GTX 580 / 267.59 drivers, let me know if you need any more information.

Hawke3060.

Edited by Hawke3060

Have you already tried Haali Splitter property page -> Options -> Compatibility -> Autoload VSFilter -> yes? It lets the Haali Splitter insert DirectVobSub and handle everything. In this case DirectVobSub should be disabled in the Postprocessor Plugin. AFAIK it is only required for external subtitles.

Griga,

Thanks just tried your suggestion and it works now (Haali and VSFilter), I could only get ffdshow's subtitles to work by using it as the video decoder for playback, raw video with another decoder doesn't work. I figured out why the subtitles are not displayed using the video postprocessor method, the splitters subtitle output pin (Haali, LAV Splitter) is not being connected to the postprocessor's subtitle input pin (VSFilter, ffdshow raw video).

You can see this by playing back a media file using ffdshow or VSFilter for postprocessing and then open Graphstudio and use the connect to remote graph function.

Can this be fixed in the plugin or does it need to be addressed in DVBViewer?

Hawke3060.

• 4 weeks later...

A little trick I found today. Ffdshow builds now have separate settings for raw video postprocessing (good) but there is no obvious way to change the settings (bad). You can fairly easily make resize postprocessor that will crash DVBViewer and since you can't reach the ffdshow settings via icon anymore..

..The raw filter settings are reached exactly like the other settings are, we just modify the shortcut a little bit.

Here's the magic line for command prompt (or a shortcut)

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax",configureRaw

As far as I know this is not really documented anywhere.

• 1 year later...

Griga,

Thanks just tried your suggestion and it works now (Haali and VSFilter), I could only get ffdshow's subtitles to work by using it as the video decoder for playback, raw video with another decoder doesn't work. I figured out why the subtitles are not displayed using the video postprocessor method, the splitters subtitle output pin (Haali, LAV Splitter) is not being connected to the postprocessor's subtitle input pin (VSFilter, ffdshow raw video).

You can see this by playing back a media file using ffdshow or VSFilter for postprocessing and then open Graphstudio and use the connect to remote graph function.

Can this be fixed in the plugin or does it need to be addressed in DVBViewer?

Hawke3060.

Thank you very very much... I tried all combination possible and found 0 useful.... Every time I had to manually tick it with mouse trying to load manually.... It worked some times (a while ago) and I couldn't remember how I did it.

Now I can use my remote again and htpc is back in business.

It should be written in wiki pages of DVBViewer as a tutorial for noobies :D - and hustle free.

So it worked for me perfectly having Halli + ffdshow (enabled for H.264) + LAV Video Decoder

dvbviewergoodsubs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 years later...

The Postprocessor Plugin 2.1.1 for DVBViewer Pro/GE is available in the Customer Area, Plugins section.

- Added: Support for using the plugin in combination with MadVR in DVBViewer Pro 5.4.0 and later.

• 4 years later...