Cyrillic Charset Problems (epg/channels)

mikefalcon

Hi,

Recently bought DVBViewer and found that it doenst support russian epg and channel names. (eutelsat 36").

Is there any workaround or fix for that problem? (using lastest version of DVBViewer).

//mike

• 1 month later...

I'm want to bay DVBViewer but only if no problem with russian support in epg and channel names {bonum 1 56" or eutelsat 36"). Can admin's fix this problem or not???

Well as far as i remember is that the current version should already display the russian characters (Iso88595) fine. Nevertheless the next update will display them for sure. By the way: There is no current russian language file available at the moment :lol:

There is no current russian language file available at the moment ---> This is no problem i'm make this file week or too week.

How i can get trial version for one day to check this ---> Well as far as i remember is that the current version should already display the russian characters (Iso88595) fine.

I planed to use on HTPC only with OSD.

Sorry, fo bad english... i'm russian :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm this should work - especially for bulgarian and russian epg. Can you post your epg.dat and channel.dat? A dump of the transponder would be also usefull. All i can say is that the test dump i used is displaying the content in the way it should be displayed.

Christian

Hmm this should work - especially for bulgarian and russian epg. Can you post your epg.dat and channel.dat? A dump of the transponder would be also usefull. All i can say is that the test dump i used is displaying the content in the way it should be displayed.

Christian

In my case it displays some parts correctly...

epgrusjx9.th.png

Not sure how to make dump of the transponder.

channels_epg.zip

Edited by Valts

Okay, what you did not mentioned is that the richttext field shows the correct information :( Yes i think the problem itself can be solved by us (its the treeview which ignores the charset).

Christian

The problem with the channel names is that you dont gather the information of the language for the name. In the EPG you get at least the hint which language is used for the text. In this way we are able to convert the content into the proper texts.

Christian

• 2 weeks later...
Problem not in treeview, problem in trasponder scanning. After renaming in treeview channels name showed correctly.

Channels.dat and epg.dat

http://zapimir.net/temp/DVBViewer.zip

In fixed dir channels.dat after renaming

How to create a dump of the transponder?

Hi!

Sorry, I'm a new here. I hav the same problem with cahnnel names and EPG (Eutelsat W4, NTV+ etc.). I downloaded your zip, but What should I do with it? Could you help?

Thanks.

BR

Aleksandr

The problem with the channel names is that you dont gather the information of the language for the name.

Hi Christian,

you could look at ETSI EN 300 468

Annex A

A.2 Selection of character table

Hope it helps.

With best wishes

Epmak

In the EPG you get at least the hint which language is used for the text. In this way we are able to convert the content into the proper texts.

BTW IIRC EPG also uses 'character table selection' codes.

So you do not need to analyze 'EPG language code' for such purpose.

Edited by Epmak
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I bought DVBViewer 4.0.0.0.

My Operating System: Vista Ultimate SP1 English version.

Even in this version the problem with the Cyrillic charsets still exists. I use DVBViewer for receiving of Bulgarian channels at Hellas SAT 39.0 (Bulsatcom).

The Cyrillic EPG data is unreadable. The “Now playing”- Information after channel switch is also unreadable for the Bulgarian channels.

I have tried to change font settings and encoding, I changed the “Input Locale”-Setting in the Regional and Language Options to bulgarian, but I still have the same Problems!

Only after export of the EPG Data in html format everything is showed correctly in the web browser.

Does anyone have experience with Vista and Cyrillic char sets? Please help!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! DVBViewer reached version 4.1.1.0 but the problem with cyrilic in the names of the channels have not resolved ! As a constant user of the program , it gives me some difficulty. ((( Please solve this problem . You can simply add an option same is in other programs that users may activate independently (eg click the checkbox in the settings of channels).

Regards Victor .

Edited by viteok86

Hello.

DVBViewer versions from 3.9.x to 4.x has not resolved problem with cyrilic names of the channels to this day.

It is high time for resolved this problem.

Dear support team, maybe there is some workaround to fix the problem with cyrillic charsets in the channel list view? Maybe some font substitution or other tricks?

• 4 weeks later...
Dear support team, maybe there is some workaround to fix the problem with cyrillic charsets in the channel list view? Maybe some font substitution or other tricks?

Any news on this one ? I am considering buying the program, yet, being unable to read the "Platforma HD" (9E sat.) EPG is a no-go for me. Why isn't it possible to simply specify a default code page for the program, the entire program, including EPG, channels list, OSD etc etc ? How hard can it possibly be to add this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a problem with Cyrillic EPG.

did not find the answer to that would help me.

DVBViewer Version: V4.2.1

DVB-C STV Tallinn

post-89631-1263140618_thumb.jpg

Edited by kreisi

will never, cirillic beta version displays the EPG properly.

but the beta version does not display subtitles. txt, and the choice of DVB subtitles but they do not appear.

beta resolves the problem of EPG and creates a new problem

but the beta version does not display subtitles. txt, and the choice of DVB subtitles but they do not appear.
No problem here to see DVB or teletext subtitles with latest beta.

Человек, попробуй написать по-русски, в чем твоя проблема. Google translate русские выражения не понимает, "куски" получаются еще те...

(suggested to write in russian without using google translate)

Проблемма в том, что пользуясь епг не видны русские буквы. Пробовал бета- версию и действительно кириллица видна. Но возникла новая проблемма. С бета-версией не показываются субтитры. В меню выбор имеются, но на экране не появляются.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys! DVBViewer reached version 4.1.1.0 but the problem with cyrilic in the names of the channels have not resolved ! As a constant user of the program , it gives me some difficulty. ((( Please solve this problem . You can simply add an option same is in other programs that users may activate independently (eg click the checkbox in the settings of channels).

I'm using version 4.3.1.60 beta and the problem with Cyrillic channel names is still not fixed! Will it ever be done? It's super annoying!