No Picture, No Sound

Wizard!

Hello everybody :dvbviewer:

Yesterday I finaly got the new drivers for my Skystar 2 PCI, for Vista x64

I downloaded the newest update for DVBViewr Pro, and that is the 3.6.1.2 which I installed and everything went ok.

However, even if the channel scan found >3000 channels, I tried lots of them and none gives me pic/sound :bye:

I tried all the codecs that are installed, but id didn't change anything. I tried to install ELcard's MPEG4 codec, however even if it works fine (tested with elcard's player) it doesn't appear in the dvb codec selection box.

Any ideas? :)

Sorry for the missundertanding... I do believe you meant that I have to post the support.zip file, because I did search but I couldn't find any similar cases (or I don't know how to search :dvbviewer: )

I am not new to DVBViewer, I am using it for 2 years without problems. However now that my new pc came with Vista x64 I hat to install it there.

support.zip

Hello,

can you receive data (video and audio stream)? Check this under View -> Filters -> DVB Source.

And your settings in Options -> DirectX not very good.

For beginning use the CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7) Video Decoder and for Audio the AC3 Filter, not Nero or System Default!

And dont use the built-in Postprocessorsetting. For this use the Post Processor Plugin

:dvbviewer:

Why do I have the feeling that this is not right...? :bounce:

Another think I noticed is that even though I copied dll & ini in the PlugIs folder and restarted the application, I do not see it in the Post processing drop down...

post-23222-1174212282_thumb.png

Edited by Wizard!

Hello @ all!

Complete the same problem here since a few month. First i thougt thats a problem with my old PC (2.4Ghz Athlon XP, 1GB Ram. Nvidia 5200, XP Home). Now i got a complete new PC and transferred only my Skystar2. Complete new XP and DVBViewer GE installation.

I tested both DVBViewer and DVBViewer GE only starting ONE time. After closing the viewer and opening the viewer again i found the same problem Wizard! describes. The only way to get the viewer working is to go into Options/Hardware klick any of the options and assume/ok. The viewer starts directly without any problem. This happes everytime i closed the DVBViewer. Its not possible to record anything :bounce:

Because all hard and software are complete new i try to think about a problem with my Skystar2. Is it possible to do this 'reinit' that happens when i change something in my Options/Hardware at the DVBViewer start?

Best wishes Tom

support.zip

Edited by gnulpf

There is other people that can't get working the SS2 under Vista 64bit with the last beta driver...

IMHO you best wait next non beta drivers to not waste your time...

:bounce:

There is other people that can't get working the SS2 under Vista 64bit with the last beta driver...

IMHO you best wait next non beta drivers to not waste your time...

:wacko:

Hi Gioxy

I am running XP2 Home here. Just saw the article from Wizard! and answered because his problem is similar to mine. Normally i had to open a new thread :bounce:

Best regards, Tom

@gnulpf

As a matter of fact my answer was addressed to Wizard!...

For you problem (for me not reproduceable) all that I can say is that recording don't stress the disk at all, even with very slow/fragmented disk the recording would have to be perfect... look instead in the DVB source property page if there are some discontinuity in the reception...

@Wizard!

Some people solved and get the SS2 working under Vista X64 installing the driver under the hidden Administrator account; before, installing the driver as User(Administrative) account, they complained the same problem you mentioned...

:bounce:

Edited by Gioxy

Hello!

Sorry, I feel not well understood :bye:

Here is again my problem:

- starting DVBViewer GE for looking TV after normal PC boot = all okay

- closing DVBViewer GE

- starting again DVBViewer GE after a few seconds = no picture, no sound, everything 0 in DVB Source

- opening the Options/Hardware tab, marking 'stop stream while tuning' or any other point on this tab

- click 'OK' and the DVBViewer starts playing without any doubt!

This 'reinit' seems to work everytime my DVBViewer GE hangs. Same effect on the normal DVBViewer.

For this reason I mostly can't record. After a good start or an 'reinit' there are absolut no problems.

Thats why i asked for a switch that do this reinit everytime.

Hope my problem is a littel more clear :-)

Best regards, Tom