Problems With New Coreavc Version 1.3

bakerpr

Registered users of coreavc can download version 1.3 from within their core account.

However there appears to be problems since I cannot get a picture and DVBViewer crashes after a few seconds.

If anybody can give any guidance to solution it would be appreciated.

Edited by bakerpr
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

CoreAVC never worked good in combination with DVBViewer.

Also the latest version doesn't work smoothly on my system.

Using CoreAVC with AltDVB 2.2 f.e. and it works all right.

In the past a few months ago I discussed this issue with GRIGA. He let me test some on the fly modifieded DVBsource filters and other actions, but with no success.

Now I am using the latest mainconcept (elecard) H.264 decoder.

This one works very very good on all H.264 channels in DVBViewer. Very smooth and stutter free image.

Processor load is maybe higher, but most important it works !

The cyberlink H.264 decoder (PowerDVD ultra) also works good on DVB S2 channels, but on BBD HD it loses to much frames.

system: Intel core 2 Duo E6700 processor @2.66 Ghz + ATI X1600 Pro (512MB) AGP video card / Technotrend S2-3200 / latest DVBViewer and filter of course

Edited by w8andc
Guys,

CoreAVC never worked good in combination with DVBViewer.

Also the latest version doesn't work smoothly on my system.

Using AltDVB 2.2 f.e. and it works all right.

In the past a few months ago I discussed this issue with GRIGA. He let me test some on the fly modifieded DVBsource filters and other actions, but with no success.

Now I am using the latest mainconcept (elecard) H.264 decoder.

This one works very very good on all H.264 channels in DVBViewer. Very smooth and stutter free image.

Porcessor load is maybe higher, but most important it works !

The cyberlink H.264 decoder (PowerDVD ultra) also works good on DVB S2 channels, but on BBD HD it loses to much frames.

system: Intel core 2 Duo E6700 processor @2.66 Ghz + ATI X1600 Pro (512MB) AGP video card / latest DVBViewer and filter of course

Does the new Mainconcept/Elecard codec support HW acceleration for H.264? Because on Mainconcept website they talk about an upcoming dem oversion that supports HW acceleration with Nvidia and Ati card? Is yours it? If not, where do you find it?

I know that there's somehow a quarrel between Ati/AMD and Cyberlink at the moment, and it seems that HW acceleration support for Ati cards doesn't work anymore with Cyberlink codec...

and it seems that HW acceleration support for Ati cards doesn't work anymore with Cyberlink codec...

*g* if that is true, I've took the right decision to switch to nvidia. Cyberlink is working just fine (with DxVA :bye: )

Yes, in the mainconcept H.264 decoder there is a property "hardware accelleration --> ON / OFF".

This feature depends strongly on the ATI / Nvidia drivers and propably are curently not so perfect for hardware accelleration H.264/AVC video stream.

Watching BBC HD (DVB-S) using the mainconcept decoder the CPU load is about 79%. DVB-S2 channels about 60%.

Most important to me it works very stable and a very fluent good image is the result !

I also was searching a time ago on the mainconcept webiste. They announced a demo, but never arised on the website.

I also wrote an email and till now no answer.

Till I searched on the elecard website ( www.elecard.com ) and downloaded the demo H.264 decoder. I think I downloaded the Elecard AVC PlugIn v 2.0 for MPEG Player.

To my surprise it is the mainconcept decoder 3xx!

I use this decoder no for more than 2 months.

Because this is a demo you can see a logo at the top right of the image, but this doesn't bother me.

Edited by w8andc

I've downloaded it now and the Mainconcept AVC decoder version is: 1.0.41.60818

Not version 3xx as yours...

Edited by Zyknyp

Right now, you can download the Mainconcept / Elecard Codec Version 3 here:

http://www.elecard.com/products/products-p...er/progdvb-avc/

The AVC codec version is definitely version 3.0.7299.0 even though the version of the codec package installer is 1.0.70118. I also got an update from Elecard with the version number 3.3.10350.0 but it has a higher CPU load than the older version.

Edited by SnoopyDog

Yes, I've checked the correct version I use.

I donwloaded the Elecard AVC plugin for DVD player.

De zip-file contains Elecard AVC PlugIn for DVD Player 2.0.61227.exe.

This executable installs:

1) Mainconcept AAC Decoder --> 0.9.10.60315

2) Mainconcept AVC/H.264 Video Decoder --> 3.0.7299.0

Where did you get the update version 3.3.10350.0 ?

Edited by w8andc
Registered users of coreavc can download version 1.3 from within their core account.

However there appears to be problems since I cannot get a picture and DVBViewer crashes after a few seconds.

If anybody can give any guidance to solution it would be appreciated.

...where did u got the 1.3 version ? I only get info about the last 1.2 as it's in their changelog here

http://www.coreavc.com/index.php?option=co...27&Itemid=1 :bye:

It looks like to me that the Hw acceleration works only with VMR9 (and it gives a lovely image in fact: with 1080i I needed to set Deinterlace to VMR and set double frame rate to ON). But, unfortunately, Nvidia cards drivers are buggy with VMR9 so that after a while the stuttering begins.

I really wish that Nividia would fix this problem, or that DVBViewer developpers would add the VMR9 renderless output option.

The DVBViewer Filter contains a work-around for CoreAVC 1.1. Maybe it is no more suitable for CoreAVC 1.3. I've removed it in the DVBViewer Filter test version 2.8.4.1 (-> members area, beta section, replace the file PushSource.ax). Try if it does something...

Am I missing something simple because I can't seem to get Manconcept avc decoder to load in dvbviewwer.

I ca play files in elecard player but cannot find filter in directshow list.

Am I missing something simple because I can't seem to get Manconcept avc decoder to load in dvbviewwer.

I ca play files in elecard player but cannot find filter in directshow list.

I had to register the filters manually. Installation did not do that for some reason.

I had to register the filters manually. Installation did not do that for some reason.

Indeed, I had to register it manually too.

It works very good though, brilliant visual quality.

Indeed, I had to register it manually too.

It works very good though, brilliant visual quality.

I must agree this is the best H264 decoder I have seen so far.

Can you confirm what settings you find best.

I must agree this is the best H264 decoder I have seen so far.

Can you confirm what settings you find best.

depends on the channel: let's say I use VMR for deinterlace, turn OFF the Hardware acceleration, HQ Chroma Upsample ON (I think this is what makes of this decoder a winner), and double rate ON in Premiere HD channels, OFF in french HD channels and also on Cyfra+ 720p HD channel

In my setup, Ati video card based, the quality of the Mainconcept AVC decoder is the best ever tried, system overall stability, no more trembling edges of vertical traits (as with the Cyberlink decoder), absolute smoothness, especially in horizontally shifting details.

I can say it's a real cpu-eater, though. Contrary to what got with other decoders, cpu is 90-97% most of the time. The downside of it is that the cpu is an Amd FX-62. I will try a Nvidia setup, as you may know Nvidia acceleration tends to use less cpu cycles, regardless of the decoder used.

Rgds

Edited by ginacman
I can say it's a real cpu-eater, though. Contrary to what got with other decoders, cpu is 90-97% most of the time. The downside of it is that the cpu is an Amd FX-62. I will try a Nvidia setup, as you may know Nvidia acceleration tends to use less cpu cycles, regardless of the decoder used.

Rgds

Hardware acceleration doens't work very good with Mainconcept codec I'm afraid, not even with Nvidia cards.

But with my E6400 (overcloked to 2.6GHz I must say) I almost never get over 90% of cpu usage with it. In fact, it's way lower most of the time...

Edited by Zyknyp

Setting deinterlace to VMR further increases the cpu load, video begins stuttering. the FX-62 id overclocked from 2800 to 3000MHz, your E6400 looks a better performer.

Yes, it seems hw acceleration has been dismissed, thus setting it on or off does not substantially change anything.

Can someone please give me a quick guide how to register this elecard decoder?

I did do something similar last year, using RadLight Filter Manager, but my mind is totally blank today!!

TIA