Problem To Switch Between High And Low Bands

brian45

There is a problem to switch between low and high band.

I have DVBViewer Pro 3.6

Windows XP Pro

Pentium 2,5 GHz

TV-card Pinnacle PIC Pro Dual 4000i

Not an old LNB

It works great to switch with the program ProdDVB.

When I shall switch to another band high or low I need to run

ProgDVB first for desired band and then start DVBViewer and select the channel.

Is there a known problem with this TV-card ?

Regards Brian

• 2 weeks later...
There is a problem to switch between low and high band.

I have DVBViewer Pro 3.6

Windows XP Pro

Pentium 2,5 GHz

TV-card Pinnacle PIC Pro Dual 4000i

Not an old LNB

When I shall switch to another band high or low I need to run

ProgDVB first for desired band and then start DVBViewer and select the channel.

Is there a known problem with this TV-card ?

Regards Brian

Same problem with Hauppauge HVR-4000.

Not an old LNB

Rather tell us which (type of) LNB you have. Knowing what you don't have is useless.

Under which name does the card appear in DVBViewer -> Options -> Hardware?

Not an old LNB

..translated into technical terms it means most likely that he uses an universal LNB with lofs 9750/10600 mhz ;)

dunno why it's not working properly with the DVBViewer.. :)

In case of the Pinnacle Dual Sat it may be the Stargate Tuner problem, that has been solved in the German section of the forum. But I first need more information.

P.S. Most likely it is. If the name of the Pinnacle card in DVBViewer -> Options -> Hardware contains something like "Stargate Tuner", installing this driver may help:

http://www.reycom-mediacenter.de/support/f...sta_4.1.1.0.zip

It is a Vista driver, but it works under XP, as German users reported. However, XP has to be forced a bit to accept it.

Additionally, the latest DVBViewer Pro Version (3.6.1.2) should be used.

Edited by Griga
  • 5 months later...
In case of the Pinnacle Dual Sat it may be the Stargate Tuner problem, that has been solved in the German section of the forum. But I first need more information.

P.S. Most likely it is. If the name of the Pinnacle card in DVBViewer -> Options -> Hardware contains something like "Stargate Tuner", installing this driver may help:

http://www.reycom-mediacenter.de/support/f...sta_4.1.1.0.zip

It is a Vista driver, but it works under XP, as German users reported. However, XP has to be forced a bit to accept it.

Additionally, the latest DVBViewer Pro Version (3.6.1.2) should be used.

Sorry that I have not have answered, I gave up the tv card projekt when DBviewer did not work.

Now I saw that there where a new version 3.8 so I tried that.

I installed the driver for Vista and now the program find high and low freqvenses.

I have the Stargate Tuner installed. It works much better now but it cant find all channels ??

For ex no channels at freqvenses 11216 and 11261 where the swedisch cannel SVT1 and Channelplus film 3 are.

Is possible to add the channels manually ? I hope it is possible to solve the problem with this TV card because

I think DBviewer is the best program for TV cards.

If its not possible to solve problem with this TV card I think I will to buy another TV card.

In that case can you recommend a TV card perhaps it should be a HDTV card ?

Best Regards

Brian

It works much better now but it cant find all channels ?? For ex no channels at freqvenses 11216 and 11261 where the swedisch cannel SVT1 and Channelplus film 3 are.

Maybe the frequencies are missing in the transponder resp. frequency list that has been used for scanning? Get the scanner tool TransEdit from the members area. It allows to add / modify entries in the list.

Maybe the frequencies are missing in the transponder resp. frequency list that has been used for scanning? Get the scanner tool TransEdit from the members area. It allows to add / modify entries in the list.

Thanks !

I have to learn the program.

B/R Brian

Thanks !

I have to learn the program.

B/R Brian

Now I have edit the transponderlist according to Lyngstat Thot 2/3.

What is the next step to do ? Shall I scan the transponders in Transedit and then export it to a

folder ? When I try to export it says : sorry cannot export since DVBViewer Pro/GE is not present.

I tried to copy the edit ini file to the folder transponders and then scan DVBViewer again but it still

start at the freqvens 11229 not 11216 that I now have in the ini file.

What am I doing wrong ??

B/R Brian

Store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer program directory. Otherwise TransEdit can't find the file channels.dat.

The actually used transponderlist files are stored in the configuration folder (see About Menu -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer Pro 3.8).

Store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer program directory. Otherwise TransEdit can't find the file channels.dat.

The actually used transponderlist files are stored in the configuration folder (see About Menu -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer Pro 3.8).

Thanks, now it works with all freqvenses !

Next step is test a LNB switch.

It is a lot to learn about DVBViewer.

/ Brian